The MOE thread!

Started by LastElixir, November 29, 2006, 08:35:18 PM

shortpachoo

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "shortpachoo"I didn't know we had to chose a gothic lolita.

I was wondering why you picked Shana. Try again. :3

Oops, well no one said anything until I notice Jun mention something about it.

I'll see if I can find another one.....

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

mDuo13

So lazy... don't want to change sig... and Belldandy is so pretty even though she's not at all goth loli.

Tempted to just keep my sig as-is from now on...

Spiritsnare

I might actually finish fixing my avatar up tonight. ^^;
epic progressive

vox

Appu

And I need to find someone...
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Kazuko

Quote from: "Lisu"Ha, I laugh at my head stabbing.

Cossette for this week.  Any particularly reason.......well she is gothic-y and loli....and that is it.  That is, for the most part, her only defining factor.  Frankly, I liked the series, her attire is not as adorned as my tastes would prefer, but plain, or as the maid meeting brought up "unconvoluted", is also good in its own way.  More on the dark and somber side of this week's batch, she receives 89 gosurori points.
D: she deserves more points than thaat

though sure her tastes are lolita and rocco-esque shes a first lolita-chan to have her own series to her D: and thoes awesome styles

personally shes an icon :3. and her attire is much too adorible, though simple it is quite lolita. not all brands are frills, ribbons and lace look at Angelic Pretty for example :d or other brands

D: sorry but auun i love Cossette

Jun-Watarase

I originally wanted to use D-myo's artwork from her DJMax submission for Oblivion's video... but I don't know if that constitutes as a gothic lolita character. Nonetheless, I love Anju. ><

But yeah-- there's plenty of gothic lolita in anime, but some of the characters I've heard suggested, so far, don't seem gothic lolita to me... I don't mean to sound bitchy, but gothic lolita is a style of attire-- not attitude, or just simply being gothic, or lolita.

I don't want to make myself seem that I'm asking you to change your choices, but characters like NANA, in my opinion, aren't gosuloli. She seems more PUNK or visual-kei to me-- NOT gothic lolita.

I mean, I guess there's always Rozen Maiden, Strawberry Panic, some of Futakoi (maybe), Pure Pure, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Melty Blood (Len, at least.), GOTHIC ~Age of Innocence~ and more. ...

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

RyuHayabusa

I've changed my mind. I'm sticking with Gin-sama LOL :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I mean, I guess there's always Rozen Maiden, Strawberry Panic, some of Futakoi (maybe), Pure Pure, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Melty Blood (Len, at least.), GOTHIC ~Age of Innocence~ and more. ...
As a fan of the G's Magazine properties:
Strawberry Panic! would be stretching it.  I think the only thing that might be gosurorish in the series would be the Miator uniform and well, it isn't really.  Futakoi is pushing it unless you're talking about that brief stint of the Sakurazaki twins as the masked gosuroris in Alternative, which, while enjoyable, I don't really count as part of the overall Futakoi continuity (it's really an alternate universe spinoff if anything).

Pure Pure and GOTHIC are interesting suggestions.  I might be the only other one who knows what they are off the top of my head though. XD;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I mean, I guess there's always Rozen Maiden, Strawberry Panic, some of Futakoi (maybe), Pure Pure, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Melty Blood (Len, at least.), GOTHIC ~Age of Innocence~ and more. ...
As a fan of the G's Magazine properties:
Strawberry Panic! would be stretching it.  I think the only thing that might be gosurorish in the series would be the Miator uniform and well, it isn't really.  Futakoi is pushing it unless you're talking about that brief stint of the Sakurazaki twins as the masked gosuroris in Alternative, which, while enjoyable, I don't really count as part of the overall Futakoi continuity (it's really a spinoff if anything).

Pure Pure and GOTHIC are interesting suggestions.  I might be the only other one who knows what they are off the top of their head though. XD;

Ahh~ I suppose you're right with the stretching it with SP and Futakoi Alternative. I was trying to cite examples of gosurori being used in anime-- I wasn't thinking about the entire series anymore, huh? XD; Hmm... I think some characters in Venus Versus Virus would work, but the series is relatively new so I don't see enough images of them.

As for GOTHIC and Pure Pure? I haven't been on the boards, long enough, but I'm sure an amount of people would recognize the titles-- especially Pure Pure. The CGs are all over the net, and it's pretty famous. D:

But then again, I see people using the pictures without knowing the source...  but still a well-known game, nonetheless!

I was also going to cite this action-based game made by NITRO+, but I realized it was just filled with maids. XD; If maids count, I guess He Is My Master! and things like that would work?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"
I mean, I guess there's always Rozen Maiden, Strawberry Panic, some of Futakoi (maybe), Pure Pure, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Melty Blood (Len, at least.), GOTHIC ~Age of Innocence~ and more. ...
Although Ren's clothing is like gothic loli, its not the best out there.
There's also Gretel from Black Lagoon but her outfit is about on the same level as Ren's.

Nana Osaki from Nana has stuff that's borderline goth loli but there isn't pictures of those things... >.>;

Rodo from DGrayman has stuff thats kinda punk goth loli...

I choose C.C from Code Geass because she wears a really nice goth loli dress and hat in the series. I <3 that outfit.

Although Venus versus virus has some nice outfits, I'm not too fond of the characters yet and I'd rather not avi someone I don't partically care for.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

-zoxan-

Dayum, such geekiness I feel in thread.

It's so.. intense.... no, scratch that... extreme!!!

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Kazuko

LOLEN

nah I just love the Japanese Gothic & Lolita fashion but yeah i get ticky when people call it g-loli or goth loli D: cause maybe im elitst so blaah

Jun-Watarase

I like gothic lolita fashion, as well. I'm also a fan of wa-loli. ^^; I don't see any problem with using the term "gosuloli", though, "g-loli" sounds silly.... I've never heard anyone use the term. But I also don't believe you're being elitist, Kazuko. ^_^;

FanimaidCafe.com

-zoxan-

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I like gothic lolita fashion, as well. I'm also a fan of wa-loli. ^^; I don't see any problem with using the term "gosuloli", though, "g-loli" sounds silly.... I've never heard anyone use the term. But I also don't believe you're being elitist, Kazuko. ^_^;

gee, loli.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "-zoxan-"
Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I like gothic lolita fashion, as well. I'm also a fan of wa-loli. ^^; I don't see any problem with using the term "gosuloli", though, "g-loli" sounds silly.... I've never heard anyone use the term. But I also don't believe you're being elitist, Kazuko. ^_^;

gee, loli.

OMFG, IT'S A LOLI!

Meanwhile, 'tis a new week...

75: Bookworms

It's a very deceptive trait. It looks really good on paper (it's the kind of trait you'd expect quite a number of people to have), but once people start claiming them, a shortage ensues...

Sunara: Nodoka Miyazaki (Negima!)
Spiritsnare: Yomiko Readman (Read or Die)
Amol: Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Tsubasa: Hayate Yagami (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's)
Lisu: Patchouli Knowledge (Touhou Project)
Ryu: Yue Ayase (Negima!)
LastElixir: Tabitha (Zero no Tsukaima)
Richie: Haruma Saotome (Negima!)
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

My pick of the week's Yagami Hayate of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's.  She's a kansai-ben-speaking, invalid bookworm. :3

I've decided to bring back an old avatar I used on another forum a while ago cause I rather like it.  A nod back to the simple square-based compositions I used to do.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chun

CAN'T... FIND.... BOOKWORM...

orz

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LastElixir

-zoxan-

Magical Senpai

I'll claim the third of the Untouchable Librarian Trinity...Haruna Saotome from Negima.