Cosplay Question.

Started by AngelKawaii, December 03, 2006, 12:42:41 AM

AngelKawaii

So, I am having a bit of a problem. I officially do not have a sewing machine anymore. Does anyone have any ideas of charachters that have simple outfits. Something that I can go to the mall,search for, and then put together. (Kinda like Orihime from Bleach. She has a pretty easy outfit, although finding a skirt like that would be hard, but possible.)
Any suggestions greatly appriciated. ^_^

ranma12

Yeah If you dont order on line either ( i like too) then you Can do Ranma saotome black or dark blue pants and a shirt  red tang top or buy his shirt in a china town or china place area (depends where u live hehe)

well i hoped i helped

Moonblossom

A lot of more modern/cute animes have easily adaptable costumes.

A big yellow sweater, a little red miniskirt, some dark nylons, and possibly a long wig from any costume store (depending on what your hair is like) and you've got yourself an adorable Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina. A simple yellow sundress from a thrift store and some red hairclips made out of Fimo or something, and voila, Asuka Langley-Sohryuu's signature off-hours look.

Haibane Renmei also has a lot of easily created costumes, all you'd need is some grey feather wings and a halo, which you can get at most costume stores, and pretty much everything they wear can be bought at a big chain or thrift store. Reki (the one standing up) in particular would be quite easy to pull off.

Actually, now that I think about it.. I may just do Reki for the fun of it. My hair is just about right..

Yukari Kaiba

well if you're planning on doing Orihime, you could find a similar skirt at  school uniform suppliers.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

arcadiapandora

Don't forget there's also several non-sewing methods to bind materials.

There's velcro, iron/heat activated adhesive (which holds really well if you do it properly), hot glue, and some other stuff I don't remember off the top of my head.

Those all work really well just for modification of clothing. Thrift stores are really great to get pieces you're just going to cut up and change into something else.
<3

AngelKawaii

Wow, lots of good ideas!!!!
Thank you soooo much.

So, I am going to try to go with either Naru from Love Hina or Orihime.'
Just curious, anyone know how short the skirt for Orihime should be?

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "arcadiapandora"Don't forget there's also several non-sewing methods to bind materials.

There's velcro, iron/heat activated adhesive (which holds really well if you do it properly), hot glue, and some other stuff I don't remember off the top of my head.

Those all work really well just for modification of clothing. Thrift stores are really great to get pieces you're just going to cut up and change into something else.
You forgot to mention Safety Pins.

Safety pins have single handedly held together an entire costume for me once.

They are quite possibly the most useful things you could own.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Moonblossom

I've got terrible luck with safety pins, and couldn't comfortably rely on them to hold my pants together. With my luck, I'd either end up naked or bleeding. Or both!

But they might work for other people.

AngelKawaii

Yay, lots of great ideas to work with here. Thank you very much everyone.

AbsolutelyCursed

Don't forget double sided tape -- not the one for paper but for fabrics -- it helped with my Roy Mustang cosplay

Nina Star 9

you can also sew everything by hand... all my costumes were hand-sewn. XD and i may do my next one by hand... eek... xD

AngelKawaii

Alrighty. I have officially come up with a costume. Let's see how it's gonna turn out. ^_^ Thank you everyone.

BunofGovt

Don't forget Orihime also wears a pinkish top and grey sweatpants in the Seireitei and the shinigami outfit, too.  You don't have to do the school outfit unless you really want to wear it.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.