SPARTANS! UNITE! Looking for 300 men for GLORY!

Started by SaintSake, March 10, 2007, 12:04:14 AM

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"cool beans. I'll let you know what I'll need from you prolly this week. ^_^ Oh, can us girls **cheat** and use like...minimizing things. o_O?? You won't be able to tell when the outfit is put together.... >_>

minimizing things?

i'm lost and ima gal XD

XpHoBiaX

*headdesk* lol you know, the undergarment things for slimming you down. Most commonly used is the cincher and tummy flattening underwear things. O_o

gmontem

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"*headdesk* lol you know, the undergarment things for slimming you down. Most commonly used is the cincher and tummy flattening underwear things. O_o
You should make minimizers for the guys to prevent p-envy sentiments. >>
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"*headdesk* lol you know, the undergarment things for slimming you down. Most commonly used is the cincher and tummy flattening underwear things. O_o

aaaaaaaaaaah, ok.. i thought so, but i wasn't sure XD

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "gmontem"
You should make minimizers for the guys to prevent p-envy sentiments. >>

o.O would't that be considered a swift kick?

Culpa_Mosrael16

hey XpHoBiaX
what do i need to do to get armor from you?
Aegri somnia Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem -
In a sick man's dreams , children like you were left to perish on windswept crags

XpHoBiaX

First you must climb a tall mountain far in the east, nakkid with only a banner with my name tied around your head. You must reach the top of this mountain, and enter a temple and ring the gong four times. of course you will have to fight barehanded the undead guardians, but if you succeed you will be able to gain the spirit mallet to hit the gong.

THEN you must wait the next day, and leave the mountain before sundown, and you will recieve the armour.

*coughcoughbullshitcough*

Honestly, i dunno. lol. I have a month to pull this all off and varying or limited supplies. Just give me measurments and if I get to yours, I'll make it. Foam seems to be the best bet, as time is running faster than my hands can go. Here's the info on the supplies. For me and kegan, the armour will be more like an underbust. (I have to figure out the whole boob thing)

12pk of large foam sheets @5.65
I will need at least 2 or 3 packs. Depending on what is going on.

One tub of Plaster of paris should last a good while. $4.85-ish

Cotton linen, for the armour lining, I cannot find. It pretty much looks like mummy wrappings. Just sold by the yard in modern day. **I cannot find this**

huge bottles of elmers' glue = I dunno, havent found the big bottles in stock yet.  *yay walmart*

This is so far of what I have, and the only store out here is Walmart...and it's a very very small one. If anyone has any suggestions that may help, ie something to susbstitute for the lining, please message me. ^-^

side note~Would thick tights work for lining?

Culpa_Mosrael16

Thick tights might work. Hey at the WalMart do they have a fabric place? I know some of the bigger ones do, but moving on. you could get some old clothes or something and glue them to the inside, which would save you some possible sewing, or if you made the armor and brought it to fanime you could give it to ppl and have them line it themselves.

I didnt introduce myself, sorry. I'm a friend of Kegan's and will be sharing a room w/ her at fanime.
Aegri somnia Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem -
In a sick man's dreams , children like you were left to perish on windswept crags

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "Culpa_Mosrael16"Thick tights might work. Hey at the WalMart do they have a fabric place? I know some of the bigger ones do, but moving on. you could get some old clothes or something and glue them to the inside, which would save you some possible sewing, or if you made the armor and brought it to fanime you could give it to ppl and have them line it themselves.

I didnt introduce myself, sorry. I'm a friend of Kegan's and will be sharing a room w/ her at fanime.

oh that's a good idea, maybe like some cotton t-shirts?

Voiddarkness

I'm interested in commissioning some spartan armor from you.  
You wouldn't happen to have some ready?  I want to see a pic of it if possible.

I can send you payment through paypal.

Have you tried E-bay in acquiring all of your materials?  There are also a lot of internet-based crafting sites for all the materials you need.
..........okay....

XpHoBiaX

GOOD NEWS!!!

Grampa came home the other day and told me to use those alunimum turkey/ham pans that you buy at like the dollar store. Instead of using foam and crap...He said to make a mold from the alunimum pans using my measurements, and mix the plaster with paper and place the strips onto the alunimum mold. I made a second, smaller version with this weed matting and puzzle glue to trace the outline. (I have to make everything from scratch before I can make plaster copies.) The weed matting is pretty awesome. I'll prolly use that for the 'skirt' thing they use. o_o

The leg and arm bracers would be the second thing, and use the smae material. Any specific designs you guys want?

I think I have enough plaster for several breast plates/back plate molds. All are going to be made to your general sizes. I am making the back and the front completely seperate from each other, and you will have to lace it up the sides. The girls' will have a nice under skirt thingy, though...I need ideas for that.

Another thing I am considering, is lining the armour with nylon material, and that weed matting stuff to give it a 'leather' look and fit comfortably. Though, I can't 100% garuantee that it'll be prefect. As I am way far away from you guys. All I can do is assume and do my best with measurements.

Please ask questions, and any suggestions are still open. I do require measurements. Just to get an idea of how big/small to make the front part.

Voiddarkness

Here are my measurements
Height 5'9",
Shoe 10.5,
Bust 34",
Waist 26",
Hip 31",
Inseam 31",
1/2 filipino,
Black Long Hair,
Male
..........okay....

Voiddarkness

Also for the metal areas I think you can go to a craft store and get some metallic aging spray or paint.  I used some on my Ryuk jewelry and they look great.  They look worn and old instead of being a single shade of bright silver.  I know theres some for bronze and other colors if you look.  Also, dirt works well too, but being dirty is a little ....dirty.
..........okay....

Voiddarkness

want a picture of my frame as well?  I can email one to you if you want.
..........okay....

Culpa_Mosrael16

Miradori

So I'm guessing y'all won't mind a Spartan woman then? heh, I so love the capes ^_^ I won't be spartan all weekend, but hell yeah, I wanna show up at least one day as one! Count me in!

Lonelykangta

ill try to make it, but have another costume in the making ><
Forever lonely

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Voiddarkness"Also for the metal areas I think you can go to a craft store and get some metallic aging spray or paint.  I used some on my Ryuk jewelry and they look great.  They look worn and old instead of being a single shade of bright silver.  I know theres some for bronze and other colors if you look.  Also, dirt works well too, but being dirty is a little ....dirty.

Thanks ;) If you can give me the names of the spray paint I can prolly find it at wal mart. I'll be working on the armour on my days off. It's not so difficult now. lol I was working 6 days this past week. >_<

XpHoBiaX

Quote from: "Culpa_Mosrael16"I am going to make my own costume.  :D

If you want me to make anything for you just inbox me. ^-^

sorry for the double post. o.o''

Voiddarkness

Just look for something that says metal aging or wearing or something that makes metal look old.  I don't know if there is a spray that does that.  Craft stores carry this stuff in paint form.  Also, are you making me a costume?  Posted my measurements.
..........okay....