Cosplaying Original Characters from a series?

Started by Mako, May 28, 2007, 08:15:34 PM

Mako

Does anyone ever do this? XD That'd be pretty cool, you know.

kuroi

I've cosplayed as a character made for a LARP game. It had really complicated purple and black wings. Not really a series, but definitely an original character, complete with backstory ^_^
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

heeroyuy135

My character was from Ouran High School Host Club...yet he wasn't part of the Host Club. He's just a regular student who goes to Ouran Private Academy and has dreams of being part of the Host Club...or so he thinks...

Mako

Oh that's good to hear. Because I was thinking of being an original character instead of a canon one XD.

Ekac

I wanted to cosplay my own character from a story I wrote awhile back.  :roll:

Mako

Heh,  I suppose the hardest part would be getting your OC to be known by SOMEONE :o.

Ekac

Quote from: "Mako"Heh,  I suppose the hardest part would be getting your OC to be known by SOMEONE :o.

Yeah, but as long as it's decent and not half-assed, people will be curious and your series will be more known. :D

Mako

Hehe, I feel encouraged to follow through with one now, thanks :3. I suppose if we had a GROUP of OC's, it'd be more noticeable huh?

Ekac

Quote from: "Mako"Hehe, I feel encouraged to follow through with one now, thanks :3. I suppose if we had a GROUP of OC's, it'd be more noticeable huh?

Yeah, of course.
Me and my friends were planning to cosplay our characters from the story in a group, but most of us had holes in our pockets and the plan fell through.

LM

I cosplayed as an original character called Shin Ani-maid, based on my own character designs and is the mascot for my production company.  It was like black and white maid outfit with apron, hat and stuff.  I wore it on Sunday from like 4:30pm to 3am lol!
Ani-Maid Productions
amateur otaku since 1999
HK film fan since 1996

costumes at Fanime Con '07:
Tomo Takino (Azumanga Daioh)
Derek Wildstar (Star Blazers)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
Shin Ani-maid (original)
Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)

kuroi

Quote from: "Mako"Hehe, I feel encouraged to follow through with one now, thanks :3. I suppose if we had a GROUP of OC's, it'd be more noticeable huh?
Okay, that's it. Next Fanime, Westfinder is definitely doing a group cosplay from one of the games.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though

Mako

Are you saying people do multiple cosplays? :o

mDuo13

Quote from: "Mako"Are you saying people do multiple cosplays? :o
Some people have a different one for every day of the con.

Some people even change in the middle of the day.

Mako

No way~

Lol, would it be considered tacky to wear the same costume each day?

kuroi

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Quote from: "Mako"Are you saying people do multiple cosplays? :o
Some people have a different one for every day of the con.

Some people even change in the middle of the day.

*raises hand, blushing slightly* That was me both Saturday and Sunday. I had five cosplays for three days of con, and then masquerade dress and prom dress.

But no, it's not tacky to cosplay with the same outfit the entire time at all. A lot of people do it, and it makes things a lot simpler. It also increases your chances of finding pictures of yourself in that costume by a lot. It also makes it easier for people who might be a fan of that series to find you as a cosplayer, and it makes you more recognizable to people who were at a gathering, or saw you earlier. It is in no way tacky.
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided