Craziest thing at Fanime 2007!

Started by Touya no Miko, May 29, 2007, 12:20:24 AM

narutofan17

It's on my buddies comp. I'll get it from him and post it later on tonight
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Tur713

I saw them. I was stunned and confused.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

narutofan17

Quote from: Tur713 on January 28, 2008, 11:00:09 PM
I saw them. I was stunned and confused.
My friend kept making fun of me. Every time we ran into them he would be like "there's your "friend"." I'm goin to get him back this year some how.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Devi 1313

Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

narutofan17

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

localuvr

oh. I didn't get to see them *pouts* wish I had
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

caskaslyrk

Quote from: Farfie_Girl on January 19, 2008, 04:19:00 PM
Eh not so much the crazy this year for me. I had a random homeless guy hit on me when I was walking towards the convention from the bus stop. I kept backing away as he tried to walk closer and eventually pulled my brother in front of me to be a random shield.

OMG...Me and my friend every morning would walk to get a bagel about 1/2 mile away and on the way back this random homeless guy wheels in front of me (yes he was in a wheelchair) and asks me to wheel him up to the food line at the church..I was like  :o ::)
And finally wheeled him up there, but he wouldn't lift up his feet so they kept on dragging as I pushed him up the ramp...Then when I finally got him up there...he was like I forgot my water bottle, can you go get it...I was like..F it...so I went got his water bottle, which he left on purpose..so him and his buddies could see me bend over in my "close to sheer" skirt...LMAO...it was sooo funny and creepy at the same time...moral of the story...stay away from the church by the hotels..especially during the morning hours

narutofan17

Quote from: localuvr on January 31, 2008, 01:04:45 PM
oh. I didn't get to see them *pouts* wish I had
XD I would have told them to follow you. XDDDDDDDDDD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Devi 1313

Hehe, the cats and I teased each other. I had been sitting because my Etna boots were hurting me and they made me get up (which was a pain also because of my short skirt), so I in turn got a pic of them sitting.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Red_Delphi

My funniest/strangest moment from last year: My friend and I were walking to the game hall late Sunday morning. This hoard of Death Note cosplayers (mostly scruffy looking kids claiming to be L and a couple of hyper-active Misas) was on the prowl for more Death Note fans to add to their group. They spy an L walking with a plainclothes friend a few feet to our right, and let out an all-together terrifying shriek before rushing toward him. We start shouting for him to run for it, and at first it seems to work. He and his friend run ahead for about ten seconds, then they rounded a cement pillar and head straight for us. The friend was a yard or two in front of L, he crouches down and L uses him as a springboard to lauch onto my friend in what had to be the mother-of-all-glomps. Now this friend is a big guy, mine you, so thankfully it didn't hurt much and whatsmore, he managed to continue walking forward. I only partially understand the events leading up to it, but seeing the power of a perfect glomp, even under such stange circumstances, was awe-inspiring if one is allowed to discribe it in such a way.
I could question you motives, but I don't really care.

Hanha

Maybe not exactly "crazy," but something I found AWESOME that happened was on Sunday. I bought a goomba near the morning, and later in the day we morphed it with a gaia tentacle, a pikachu hat, and my friend's pink wig. My friends took it around asking random people if they thought it was

a) cool

b) creepy

...most said creepy D:

They then took it and showed, I think it was the lady working at the sim dating stand, who named it the rare pink-haired nagagoombachu.
Here's a pic: (No, that's not Jesus)

The night before we played with the plain-ol' goomba in the games room, playing "three goomba's up," which is really just three heads up, but with a goomba. (Which makes lil' 8-bit sounds when you hit it!) A LOT of people joined, I think we had about 10 at once at one point. My feet were murder that night.

ToshiX

Got Married Like to 20 + Cosplayers
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

havok rt

Lets see not all of these are crazy per say but they were fun/funny.
Friday night: I was a lil' angry (but not really) that the yuri room wasn't actually showing any yuri ??? So I start voicing my disapproval, and apparently one the staff thought I was serious but that gal next me explained that I was doing it for the lolz. When the yuri finally started to play a staffer ran up to me and handed me a stack of napkins and told me to,"enjoy myself." Just in general the hentai rooms are made of craziness. ;)
Saturday: Walkover to the Jack in the Box for dinner and enjoyed the look of all the "normal" patrons as they saw all the cosplayers.  :D
Sunday night:Played 2 hand touch in game room until it was broken up since it was "dangerous" ::) and the resulting aftermath. :)

Oh yeah and you can hear me at about 2:09 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQCwNYXTwh4
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

JohnnyAR

Quote from: havok rt on March 12, 2008, 03:16:40 AM
Saturday: Walkover to the Jack in the Box for dinner and enjoyed the look of all the "normal" patrons as they saw all the cosplayers.  :D

lmao! I bet all those ppl were like WTF?

Steve.Young

Not sleeping the whole con put me in a really weird mental state. That said lots of things happened while working SoS/Rovers. You really see some weird stuff.

1) First night, Friday. I caught some people sleeping in the registration area, under the tables. Man, some people...
2) Sunday morning, there was an old (drunk?) cranky guy spewing profanities all over the concourse. It was like 4 a.m. or something, so a bunch of rovers (like 4 - 5 of us) went out to confront him. I've never seen more yaoi stuffed into one persons bag than I saw this guy had. Kinda creepy.
3) We had so many police and paramedics due to like a bunch of people getting seriously drunk, passing out, and becoming unresponsive. Say no to alcohol! Also, you should remember to eat and drink, fainting during con is bad!! But yea, we had a ton of people needing paramedics like saturday and sunday. Totally crazy.
4) Some people managed to somehow sneak into some weird area that was off limits and sleep there. They didn't get caught the first couple days, but eventually, they got caught. People are tricky.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

luckyends

yeah that gumba thing was prity epic i was there ^_^ i helped create that monstrosity
any way i think my funny things were i was vash on the first day and on the buss ride there i got so many stairs and my chemistry teacher was on the buss to so that was fun talking to him =D
and then on one of the nights my friend and i were in yukata and geta and we figured out that if we galoped around the game room our geta made the same noise as the coconuts from montypython some people got a kick out of it befor the conops asked us to stop XD
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Gilly of the well

My craziest moment had to be going on the search for the Holy Grail. >>;
It was the last night of Fanime, so my friend and I decided we would stay up the whole night.
Anywho, somewhere along the way we met these two guys and talked to them for the most the night.
Well, as the sun began to rise Monday morning, we decided to gather a group of people in search for the Holy Grail. We literally we able to get 20+ with us at one point or another. We traversed through both hotels and throughout the hallways before we found ourselves at the Starbucks inside the con.
And there was the "grail".
The end. xP

otakuapprentice

craziest thing for me at fanime 07: i got some sleep that year.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Runewitt

Quote from: Gilly of the well on March 23, 2008, 02:56:06 PM
My craziest moment had to be going on the search for the Holy Grail. >>;
It was the last night of Fanime, so my friend and I decided we would stay up the whole night.
Anywho, somewhere along the way we met these two guys and talked to them for the most the night.
Well, as the sun began to rise Monday morning, we decided to gather a group of people in search for the Holy Grail. We literally we able to get 20+ with us at one point or another. We traversed through both hotels and throughout the hallways before we found ourselves at the Starbucks inside the con.
And there was the "grail".
The end. xP

OMG i was in that. i was the big guy in the black shirt, with the cat plushies on my shoulders
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

suna_no_yoroi

Weirdest things for me was a combination of things.  Like 10 mins after getting there (last year was my first year) I had the joyfull experience of finding out what getting glomped is.

Going out for lunch on the town was funny, cause I rode lightrail in a cosplay outfit, and the public kept asking if there was a parade somewhere or something.

Lastly was sunday night (I believe) there were alot of drunk people who decided it would be a smart idea to climb on the convention center's roof.  Then later I hung out in the main lobby with friend, and a guy came up to one of the girls in our group, and introduced himself by talking about how he likes to go to S&M Clubs up in SF.