Under-appreciated series that you watch.

Started by LastElixir, June 16, 2007, 12:45:42 PM

LastElixir

Jun-Watarase

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LastElixir

oMg JuN in a bag!? Maji Kawaiin desukedo~ >.<

j

PyronIkari

Oh i did think of another underrated series. Kyou no Go no Ni.

zoupzuop2

Umm, I would need a solid definition of "under-appreciated". Meaning, never-been-popular? Licensed but not famous? Only you and three people in Kansas know about it?

Otherwise I could be spouting names that should never have touched this list to begin with.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

G.I.R

Quote from: "LastElixir"You ever watch a series and wonder why it's being so underrated? This happens to me often. I often see a fanbase for the series I watch in Japan, but never in the US. I always find myself asking "Am I the only one who watch this show?" Post some underrated series that you love, and we may discover something new.

This probably falls into the "Me and three people in Kansas know about it" catagory, but something i started watching recently "Mujin Wakusei Survive" (Uninhabitable planet: Survive).  Seen about 12 episodes (not all sequentially thou).

In the Future, a group of kids (and an obnoxious robot pet) end up stranded on a uncharted planet.  Most of these kids have some serious issues in their lives, and end up confronting them thru-out the series.  Also some very strong environmental messages in the show.  Hope someone picks this up over here.

M

I'm going to name a series that I used to watch...

Street Fighter: The Animated Series

=)

and to a certain extent, "Vampire Hunter: The Animated Series" (even though I only saw the first episode).

Too bad this post is in "General Anime Chat" and not "Things in the Universe"... Otherwise, I would've said Perfect Strangers. XD

[Damn it's late/early.]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

LastElixir

a lot of series mentioned here are very good series, too bad i dont have any new finds yet.

Mujin wakusei survive is a pretty good watch, and I have yet to hear anyone watch it till now, I watched up to like 27 and stopped, i should finish it.

Street Fighter 2 animated is street fighter V right? pretty off the wall for its time, and I like how they took like 30 minutes for ryu to shoot a freakin hadouken.

I also used to watch Virtual Fighter the animated series, it was hideously hilarious, and i still finished it. There was a crazy narrator and he explained every move every character made in depth while the moves were framed in slowmotion, supported by lots of plotholes and cheesy lines, oh man, good times.

j

mDuo13

Quote from: "LastElixir"Mujin wakusei survive is a pretty good watch, and I have yet to hear anyone watch it till now, I watched up to like 27 and stopped, i should finish it.
One of my friends from Anime Remix really likes that show! I gave it a try but I couldn't make it past like ep 9. It had some potential, but there were too many characters who were like, seriously really annoying!

ININ

Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy.  It's a series appropriate for all ages.  I consider the series the Finding Nemo of anime.  Whether you're 5 or 95, you're going to enjoy the series.

Sucrose

If we're talking underrated in the sense of "this series deserves more love than it's getting/more people need to watch it," I'd definitely agree with Mushishi, and I'd give a little pet prod to Damekko Doubutsu because despite the fact that it's a bunch of five-minute fluff, it's still really really cute and I don't think I know anybody else who's ever bothered watching it. *laugh*
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Chun

Thought of another one.

Honey and Clover.

Seriously. In Japan it may be huge, but people really need to tune into this series more.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Chun"Thought of another one.

Honey and Clover.

Seriously. In Japan it may be huge, but people really need to tune into this series more.

~Chun

I've seen quite a fandom in my area, like my high school and work place. I don't know exactly whether or not it's underappreciated outside of that, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Just been looking through the last 28 pages of topics and this struck me as something worth updating since then.

I'm going to sticky this for a week before I take the sticky down. Please feel free to post something/anything since you've seen since that you believe people should check out (not to mention the series that have been mentioned previously).

If there are any objects, I can take the sticky down and put this topic back where it belongs ( on the 8th page or something). Thank you.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor