Tales of Saiunkoku

Started by yumicchi88, November 03, 2007, 12:15:29 AM

yumicchi88

This is one of my fav anime that i am watching right now.
Last year, they showed the first season, now they are showing the second.
the character design is beautiful and i love them!
my fav charactor is Ran Ryuren (especially in second series)

Anyone seen it?? if not, you should!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

BunofGovt

I finally caught up with this series with the domestic release, I have the first 2 dvds but the 3rd one is going to be delayed for some time due to the Geneon thing.

Yes, it is charming and I love series with a strong female lead.  Not to mention lots of bishounen to gaze at.  My favorite character is Koyu Ru (I love intelligent guys with flaws - gets lost easily, like Ryoga).  Lots of intrigue, mistaken identities, innuendos, and the whole does Ryuki like guys or not thing  ;D.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

yumicchi88

yup yup,
koyuu is funny guy. I love how he dosn't accept the fact he have no sense of direction.
"since when did Kobu move?!" lol

phoenixphire24

I LOVE this series. I got both disc 1 and 2 from Geneon and was so upset that the other discs are delayed or might never come out. Luckily I found some fansubs and just finished downloading the rest of the first season. I have lots of watching to do this weekend.  :D

LastElixir

This is a pretty good series, polished story, and likeable characters, I say it was relatively under-appreciated when I watched the 1st season. Oddly enough, I usually dislike these types of shoujo genres and art styles... but this was an exception.

j

yumicchi88

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on November 09, 2007, 07:56:20 AM
I LOVE this series. I got both disc 1 and 2 from Geneon and was so upset that the other discs are delayed or might never come out. Luckily I found some fansubs and just finished downloading the rest of the first season. I have lots of watching to do this weekend.  :D

so that's the case. I saw the first 2 DVDs at Best buy a while ago and when i went last week, it was still only 2 discs.
i wish they dont stop it so i could get the complete collection of season 1.
I want to watch it in bigger screen- THE TV! lol

phoenixphire24

Quote from: yumicchi88 on November 09, 2007, 02:43:14 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on November 09, 2007, 07:56:20 AM

so that's the case. I saw the first 2 DVDs at Best buy a while ago and when i went last week, it was still only 2 discs.
i wish they dont stop it so i could get the complete collection of season 1.
I want to watch it in bigger screen- THE TV! lol

Yes, I'm hoping that this one will be picked up by another company like Funi or ADV, but there's not word yet. My computer hooks up to the TV, so I can watch it in all it's TV sized glory. Sadly, I've finished season 1 and there's only 6 episodes of season 2 subbed so far (even though it's at about episode 26 RAW). The series might end after season 2 because book 12 just came out (season 2 is like books 5-10) and there won't be enough material out for another season. :(

KyraEnsui

This series is, indeed, great. XD There was even Saiunkoku cosplayers last year too and they were in the masquarade too. It's great that this series is getting great recognition. ^__^b

yumicchi88

i saw this site and it said the vol 3 will come out in december.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6200
lets hope for that.

phoenixphire24

Quote from: yumicchi88 on November 13, 2007, 09:23:43 AM
i saw this site and it said the vol 3 will come out in december.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6200
lets hope for that.

I think that was the original release date, but Geneon cut off all new releases after Nov 6th. The entry probably hasn't been updated. I haven't seen any news about Geneon releasing DVDs beyond this cut off date, and it would be front page news on the anime news sites.

yumicchi88

o i see.
i guess we just have to hope they will re-release it!
or call them saying "we need them!!" lol

phoenixphire24

Quote from: yumicchi88 on November 14, 2007, 04:20:15 PM
o i see.
i guess we just have to hope they will re-release it!
or call them saying "we need them!!" lol

I'm hoping Funimation will pick it up, at least the episodes that have been subbed or dubbed already. They have some shojo titles, as does ADV. Guess it depends on how profitable it will be for other companies to pick it up. Some of the popular titles (Black Lagoon, Sailor Moon, and Hellsing) are already being looked at by other companies.

Persephone

I love Sakujun. Even though he is a villain.  He was voiced by Takehito Koyasu and I just had to love him.