Worst thing that can happen at Fanime

Started by Niaro, December 19, 2007, 01:41:39 AM

Otaku_Princess

My friends went girl chasing and left me and my other friend behind.  In the end, it turned out awesome because the friend became like a brother to me. ^^

Thisiskat

One guy last year was walking about with a sign saying his hotel room didn't come through. So I say always make sure that your reservation is concrete

Tur713

Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

localuvr

oh. I'm sorry. I owned a violin once, so I know how much that must have sucked
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Tur713

Quote from: localuvr on January 15, 2008, 04:45:03 PM
oh. I'm sorry. I owned a violin once, so I know how much that must have sucked
Yeah, I got a more expensive violin afterwards to replace it, but my old one was the one I carried with me all through high school. There were so many times I wanted to play it while at the con, but I couldn't. Oh well, I've also got some cheap-o violins ('bout $50 each) that I'll be bringing next time to carry around and my good one will be reserved for Masquerade. ;)

Oh yeah! Also, last year, someone stole my sister's dolfie. It almost ruined the con for her.

localuvr

omg! I'm so sorry for her! did you find out who stole it?
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

nachomonster

I believe the worse thing that could happen would be for your friend's to cause drama for you. Last year, my friend's treated me so badly I broke into tears and left the con. I was hoping to bunk with new people this year or maybe get my own hotel room, but I just don't have enough money. I plan to convince my dad to come with me as a "vacation" for him and the con for me though, so maybe this issue is solved.

And I triple that not finding anywhere to sit. :)

Tur713

Quote from: localuvr on January 18, 2008, 07:36:03 PM
omg! I'm so sorry for her! did you find out who stole it?
No, we never found it. She ended up buying a new one. I helped pitch in to help her get some hair for it and some onther things. We just pretend that it's the same doll reincarnated into a new body. (She gives her dolls personalities. It's more fun that way!)

Mister_E

If both my Laughing Man masks are crushed, both my day time one and the rave on where I have a strobe light around the outside.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

sunrise-oasis

going to jinx this!!!

Dealers room will open VERY LATE.........
it happened last year....!!!!!
I don't even know why they open an hour late!!!

heeroyuy135

I don't get any sleep, and I can't drive back home

narutofan17

If your cosplaying, make sure if someone glomps you they don't destroy your costume in the process. Sleep is your friend. One year I was there I stayed up late, overslept and almost missed the Naruto Gathering. T_T. Also make sure you bring enough money. Your going to see things that you want. We don't want you to black out and when you come to be laying a pile of box sets and plushies with an empty wallet. XDDDDDDDDDDDD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

dibbly

running into an ex when you broke up badly. that would suck.

(btw i ran into my ex, but it went OK... beside a little awkwardness we talked a little and treated each other with respect and kindness and all was well. i think we're still on good terms)

but yeah, drama throughout the con would suck.XP
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

AbsolutelyCursed

Passing out (almost happened to me a few years back). Make sure you drink enough fluids.

iNSOMNiAC

Yeah, eating is a must. I don't think I've ever eaten a proper meal during any of my stays at Fanime; I would get by on candy and pocky.

You might not feel it during the con, but OH MY GOD. On the way home, all of the hunger and lack of sleep hit me like a baseball bat, and I felt horrible. Its not worth it to feel like that, if all it takes is eating a little more.

So yeah. Eat. xD

narutofan17

Also when you get your badge and the schedule, make sure you plan out everything you want to see. This way you will be able to see everything that you want and won't miss anything.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

caskaslyrk

hmmm worst thing that can happen....get super SUPER drunk while in line for registration...then go see Pirates of the C. TOTALLY WASTED!  have uncontrollable hiccups for 2+ hrs during the movie, loose your badge...have to pay an additional $10 for a new one, then the next day not even remember seeing the opening credits....well at least I remember the drinks hahahaha  ;D

narutofan17

Quote from: caskaslyrk on January 26, 2008, 05:15:17 PM
hmmm worst thing that can happen....get super SUPER drunk while in line for registration...then go see Pirates of the C. TOTALLY WASTED!  have uncontrollable hiccups for 2+ hrs during the movie, loose your badge...have to pay an additional $10 for a new one, then the next day not even remember seeing the opening credits....well at least I remember the drinks hahahaha  ;D
o_O

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

pockystix

Try not to use a whole lot of flammable material in your cosplay. If hotels in Vegas can catch fire, so can hotels near the SJCC...

BYOB - bring your own bottles (of water). Expensive beverages are expensive. If you're staying at a hotel, you can save a bunch of money by eating cup ramen most of the time, using the coffee maker for boiling.
New sn = Meirin

mistakim33

Quote from: nachomonster on January 20, 2008, 11:56:12 AM
I believe the worse thing that could happen would be for your friend's to cause drama for you. Last year, my friend's treated me so badly I broke into tears and left the con. I was hoping to bunk with new people this year or maybe get my own hotel room, but I just don't have enough money. I plan to convince my dad to come with me as a "vacation" for him and the con for me though, so maybe this issue is solved.

And I triple that not finding anywhere to sit. :)

Something similar happened to me.

I went to Fanime early with a "friend" and got treated like shit until we went our separate ways. Due to rooms not being available, we couldn't get in Thursday night and had to wait till Friday morning. I was stuck with an asshole for a couple hours and wrecked my mood until I got some sleep.