Arcana Hearts

Started by Heartbreak_despair, January 14, 2008, 03:50:50 AM

takkun

I picked up this game last week.  It's a pretty solid fighter.  It IS a lot like Melty Blood, but yeah, I liked Melty Blood, too.  I have yet to check out the SoCal scene of Arcana Heart(if there is one), but cali is a pretty active gaming community.

Let's play some AH :DDD

Nanashi

Say, would anyone happen to know of any dedicated AH communities online? I poked around, and alas I could find none.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Mizuki

Yo socal AH is pretty dead, if you live in Irivine you can hit up "White Rob" (SRK nickname) he's the guy who helped port it to us ps2 and wants to play peeps pretty bad. www.guardcrush.net is basically the only place for AH shit, and also the few threads on SRK. Here is also a copy paste of a thread I made on SRK for NorCal AH players...

Okay, for those people in NorCal who wanna play Arcana Heart, there is the GZR Nights at Chabot College. I usually go to every other tournament to hang out since there is tons of space for casuals. There's a guy there with AH on his moded PS2 and we play it along with other not so common games. I'm going to start bringing my ps2 and AH more often. If you guys want some comp head there.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=138612 here is the thread with tourneys. I usually only go there if there is a FG tourney being held. Lets make this even more hype and show that EC aint the only peeps that can play Arcana!

LordKefka

I finally got around to play this again... and yeah, the last boss was pretty crazy... much like 3rd Strike. Took me like 6 tries and a lot of swearing.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Makou

If this is going to be at Fanime, I'll start practicing now and hopefully give someone some competition.
Kamui and Saki player here. Just not good.

Mizuki

I'll be bringing this if it's okay for ps2.

Makou

Quote from: Mizuki on April 26, 2008, 08:09:40 PM
I'll be bringing this if it's okay for ps2.

Sounds like a plan.
What characters do you play, Mizuki?

PyronIkari

He uses Kira, same as me. Too much work to learn Lilica like I want to do, I may pick her up as soon as me and Mizuki start actually playing semi-regularly.

Mizuki

WTF you wanna play Lilica too?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Mizuki on April 27, 2008, 08:51:24 PM
WTF you wanna play Lilica too?

Lilica was character I wanted to learn when I saw the original designs, then I saw play tests and was like "HOLY SHIT!" then I played it when it came out, and was like "... screw her she's going to be way too hard to learn". And Kira was #2. Fiona would be #2 if it weren't for her horrible name and some other shit.

Mizuki

Oh, okay, I was going to say if you just recently decided to play her. I've always wanted to play Kira since I saw the designs.

p.s. do you know anything about sanwa flash and putting it into an hrap? lol

Emerge

I'm trying to learn Mei-Fang. The thing is, I'm thinking about learning her w/a Jam state of mind, which I quickly learned was my first mistake. I really need to wrap my head around the whole homing thing, because there's very little i can JC > IAD out of now.

koji

Anyone still playing AH?

Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2 has a Japan release date for April, but who knows when Atlus will get it's hands on it.

Mizuki

I'm not. After playing 2, 1 is boring as heck. I know I'm buying part 2 when it comes out. Too bad it won't be as good as arcade (obviously.)

Nanashi

I still sorta play. I mean, there's not really a community for it, but if someone wants to, then i'll play.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html