Confirming Reservations

Started by elley, January 20, 2008, 09:35:45 PM

elley

This would be my first time booking a room through a convention, so I was wondering if there is a need to call the hotel itself to confirm my reservation. And if I do, when is a good date to call about it.

Thanks.

FinalShadows

I don't think it is necessary to call to confirm, but it is a good idea to do it anyways. A  good time is NOT a week before the con, but a good date would probably be a month before the date. =)
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

ip136

The hotel will not receive your actual reservation until about a week before the convention, when the Anime Housing people actually send the information to the hotel.
How I've come to understand it... (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me!!) Pretty much, Fanime makes a contract with the hotel to make a certain amount of rooms blocked out specifically for Fanime con-goers use. Because of the contract, the hotel doesn't really care who is in the room (or special requests) until right before the convention because they already know that Fanime has reserved the rooms itself and nearly guarantees that the rooms will be booked.

So calling right now, would probably have them first say "no, we don't have a reservation for you" And then a few minutes of clearing up what you were asking and being told the same thing.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

phoenixphire24

We've always called a week before just to make sure we have a room. It gives you enough time to contact housing if there's a problem.