END OF CON PARADE!! Update 2.0

Started by dibbly, February 02, 2008, 03:10:57 AM

dibbly

my gf had a gread idea, at the end of the last day or on the morning of, we could gather people like the gathering groups or meetings or whoever get into some sort of line and parade across the con =). if it could be organized who would be in??
;D

Ok heres the plan so far. i'd like to meet at the western end of the convention center, upstairs from the st@rbucks, at about 2-3pm.
The idea is this. cosplay groups in alphabetical order.
random groups i.e. lolitas, ninjas, pirates, ravers, and my favorite FANS..ect. group themselves in the parade anywhere they want. I'll be there w/ a clipboard dressed as "TBA"
with a list of the line and spaces to put you in how you see fit.
parade starts @4-430pm or whenever we're ready we head out.

UPDATE!1.2

ok, anyone interested in helping organize groups or just wanna help out. I'd like to meet with all/any of you friday night between 10-12. i can make it earlier or later in the night.

UPDATE! 2.0!!! 5-2-08

I'd like to get confirmation of people who are down to help and meet friday night. i'll list names and times good for them. once i get a general idea i'll set a time and a plan,....and some goodies. i like doughnuts=)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

hellangel

lol, i remember last year when a group started outside of the dealer's room and then kept getting bigger and bigger because we kept grabbing whoever we saw. there must have been a hundred people in the pictures taken there XD
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Tabbychan

Oh man, if this was organized I'd totally be in hahaxD I'd even help organize itxD hehe

~~Loktera~~

Further Confusion does something like this on the Saturday of the Con.

If this can be organized I will be more than happy to join in, I can also see if I can get some contacts and see just how they organize their parade and see if we can emulate what they do and add our own little flair.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

BrightHeart76

I say this COMPLETELY in jest.  We should do the worlds longest cosplay conga line thru the convention center.

A parade does sound like fun though.   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

The_Merchant

A conga line would be sweet and the parade sounds awesome ^_^
What Are Ya Buyin?

Mister_E

If anyone needs a flag, more to the point a Zeon flag for the Parade! I'm your man!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

AnimeEmperor

luckyends

yeah monday is always depressing so doing this will kick ass il be tuxedo mask so just find me and il join or il find you or it will just work out ^_^ and i think we sould do it through sanjose instead or jsut a little bit through sanjose and heck yes to the conga line
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

The_Merchant

Quote from: Mister_E on February 03, 2008, 09:17:52 PM
If anyone needs a flag, more to the point a Zeon flag for the Parade! I'm your man!

That would be awesome to have ^_^  Sieg Zeon!
What Are Ya Buyin?

otakuya

Great idea for an end of con thing. Usually it's just the "no more panels", "no one here" and "nothing here anymore" feeling on Monday afternoon. At least the con can end with a bang instead of a slow death. (though I don't have a costume or anything...yet)

dibbly

OK! I'm convinced. me and my gf will work on this. we should have a plan by friday at the latest.
wish us luck. and any who said they would help,.....im gonna hold that to you >=)
meow.

Mister_E

Roger that, and remember the guy with the Zeon flag!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

dibbly

ok, i got a new revision, it's the opening comment. lemme know what you think.
meow.

Mister_E

Great, now to spread the word outside the forum, like have signs ready with the info.

RyuHayabusa

Wow, this is being planned for monday, the last day of the con and yeah, it ends the con with a bang. I'm cool with that. I have no costume though.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Avairrianna

This would be awesome! It should start at the fountains and be a conga line (A FAST conga line otherwise we wont get very far! lol!) across the con and then lead to a big field and then we should have an epic battle like 300!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Mojo

YES! i want to be in it!
if it's on monday then i'de be Mikuru.

This sounds like so much fun!!!!!
<br /><br />You don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t stand a GHOST of a chance

dibbly

conga sounds like fun,.. but really really messy. but thank you everyone for the response. i'll put alot of work into it.

much love to you all!

meow.

kuroi

This would be an awesome, kick-ass way to end Fanime! I always hate the Monday feel of "oh, well, um...we're packed, we need to sign out, uhh, what now? well, I guess we can go..."

Way to come up with a great way to end the con on a high note! \o/
p.s. Love the idea of a conga line XDD
2009 cosplays:
ahaha, so undecided
Chibitalia, Yanki!Souji, TYL!Irie Shouichi, Jack Bezarius, and Cool Lady!Tear Grants are most likely though