Pre-reg vs. Early Reg

Started by phoenixphire24, February 11, 2008, 09:04:31 AM

phoenixphire24

I have a few friends that probably will not be buying their passes until some time in April. I see that pre-reg is ending March 31, and then will switch over to what I think was called "early reg" last year. Since there have been some changes in registering since last year, I wanted to know what, if any, the difference would be between the pre-reg and early reg other than price. For example, will the early reg people be able to use the pre-reg line? Will the badges be the same?

Thanks for any info!

Sen

Early registration is for the full duration of the convention and is usually the same price as you would pay at the door for a similar pass. In the past, we had pre-reg counters double as early reg as well. If we do the same this year, you will be in the pre-reg line. The early registration badges look the same as the on-site badges. (Last year, it was a colored paper badge with your name applied onto it and stapled into a holder.) The incentive for pre-registration is to get a laminated color badge and it is also cheaper.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

phoenixphire24

Ok, guess my friends just need to decide if they want shiny badges or not.

Thanks for the info!  :-*

BrightHeart76

I was the only one in my group who pre-regged last year.  They were all SUPER jealous of my badge...it was weird in all honesty because they don't usually care about that stuff.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

phoenixphire24

Fanime always has awesome badges. I LOVE the artwork/theme this year and I just know the badges are going to be amazing!

Sen

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on February 12, 2008, 05:41:08 AM
Fanime always has awesome badges. I LOVE the artwork/theme this year and I just know the badges are going to be amazing!

That puts a lot of pressure on the reg staff to get it right! We'll try our best.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Sen on February 14, 2008, 02:17:16 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on February 12, 2008, 05:41:08 AM

That puts a lot of pressure on the reg staff to get it right! We'll try our best.

I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to seeing the programs and the Fanime shirts too. The art work is so pretty, I might consider buying a shirt this year...if there are girl sizes...

Moonblossom

There's a thread about girly shirts in the suggestions forum, apparently they're going to try to get some, but it's not certain yet :)

Steve.Young

If you were there last year in the regular lines and not the pre-reg lines, you will know that pre-reg line = worth the extra money. Seriously, line control was hard =P
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Nyxyin

Quote from: Steve.Young on March 17, 2008, 10:48:00 AMyou will know that pre-reg line = worth the extra money.
Extra money...?  Aren't pre-reg badges cheaper?

Steve.Young

Quote from: Nyxyin on March 21, 2008, 02:10:46 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on March 17, 2008, 10:48:00 AMyou will know that pre-reg line = worth the extra money.
Extra money...?  Aren't pre-reg badges cheaper?

Right. Wasn't thinking. I meant to say, worth the extra effort =).

Considering the regs lines...oh boy and we are supposedly going to have a larger con this year than last year.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

heeroyuy135

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but one of the major advantages of pre-registering is that you can get your badge EARLY on Thursday instead of Friday for the early-reg/on-site reg/pre-reg people who couldn't make it on Thursday.

BTW, last day to Pre-reg!

ewu

Early-reg still gets you in the pre-reg line...no long at-con lines if you reg now
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mearibesu

where do you pick up your badges if you pre-registered?

Sen

Quote from: Mearibesu on April 08, 2008, 09:37:38 PM
where do you pick up your badges if you pre-registered?

You pick them up at Registration when you get to the con. It's right through the main entrance of the convention center. There will be a separate line for pre-reg and on-site reg so make sure you go into the proper line.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13

pryncesslita

:D

im soo happy i did the pre-regisration... (phewww... ;))

last year, it was a last mintue thing going to FANIME, so i had to stay in line for two hours and 30 minutes just for my BADGE!!!!! pre-regiration is really worth that extra effort!! =D

until fanime, JAA nE!
GEiSHA`DX

;) :D ;D :) ^-^

chumichan

If you early-register, can you pick your badge up on the Thursday before the con?
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: chumichan on April 23, 2008, 04:05:10 PM
If you early-register, can you pick your badge up on the Thursday before the con?

Answer: Yes. Don't forget to bring your government issued ID. School ID is not allowed.
Quote from: ewu on April 04, 2008, 12:06:52 PM
Early-reg still gets you in the pre-reg line...no long at-con lines if you reg now

chumichan

Ehe, I'm only thirteen. Minors still need an ID?

Can I use a federal ID? It has my social security number and information and everything.

Or does that count as government-issued ID?
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

Mew

Quote from: chumichan on April 23, 2008, 05:59:01 PM
Ehe, I'm only thirteen. Minors still need an ID?

Can I use a federal ID? It has my social security number and information and everything.

Or does that count as government-issued ID?
Should be good if it has a photo, your name, and birth date (?) on it.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests