Worst anime or anime you personally hated

Started by OniCourseMusha, February 19, 2008, 08:47:14 AM

OniCourseMusha

Post of anime you considered is the worst anime or you personally hated wit the passion you want to get rid of them.
Hating the anime version from the manga version is fine too.

Colorful: I would enjoy ecchi fanservice but after watching the whole thing it was repetitive and annoying.  I was like "MAN, way are they at least gonna have a real girlfriend or something??".  The last episode did no justice to the series and it was garbage to me.

Samurai Deeper Kyo: In my opinion, a bad example of manga turning into anime.  I read the manga and I was really looking forward to this series.  Then I was hoping that the evil version kyo kills off at least the bandit, he fights monsters instead.  what the f***....  Then I was like man what was so good about this series?  I just can't feel it.  Then watching the last episode I was like "this was disappointling like hell, I did not like it at all.  No.... I HATED IT!!".

Musashi Gundoh:  I watched the first episode since i was curious how bad it was.  They were right.  This was like watching a B-movie of an anime split into TV episodes.  The opening theme sounds terrible, characters was less appealing, the scene were recycled, do I have to say anymore??
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

ININ

The first series that popped in my head is Mai-Otome.  Why did I watch all 26 episodes?  I was too optimistic.

mDuo13

-Ai Yori Aoshi was remarkably dull. I only watched it to completion so that I can say with authority, there's nothing redeeming about that series.
-From the couple episodes I watched, Shining Tears x Wind is actually pretty entertaining... precisely because it's so horrible.
-Pumpkin Scissors kept seeming like it might have promise, and then it would have terrible episodes that were a total waste of time.
-RahXephon annoyed me for a few reasons, partly because it felt too much like it was trying desperately to imitate Neon Genesis Evangelion. And that's made worse by how much I disliked Evangelion, because I just despised Shinji with a burning hatred. Still do.
-Gun X Sword was another show that appeared to have some promise initially, but got steadily more frustrating. It somehow managed to be utterly absurd and at the same time, incredibly dull.
-And of course, I can't leave out Ikkitousen. The entire plotless show is an excuse to rip women's clothing off. I'm sorry. There was, like, maybe one funny gag there.

JohnnyAR

- Air Tv because it doesn't have any action and even if there were they probably wouldn't meet my satisfying standards, no comedy that goes up to my level, no fanservice, and plus it was boring because not much actually happened.

- Chobits because again there wasn't any action, the ending wasn't quite satisfying.

those are the anime series that I can remember that I don't like.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 24, 2008, 09:35:44 AM
- Air Tv because it doesn't have any action and even if there were they probably wouldn't meet my satisfying standards, no comedy that goes up to my level, no fanservice, and plus it was boring because not much actually happened.

- Chobits because again there wasn't any action, the ending wasn't quite satisfying.

You know, it's funny since... Air isn't supposed to have action, comedy, and fanservice. Same with Chobits. It's not... an action.... series. If you were looking for an action series in them, and watched them to the end and feeling ... unsatisfied because of the lack of... actio-- kjfkljdslfjalkfhkldfjs *Faceplam*

As for worst anime, I... don't know, but there's a long list of series that I personally dislike, such as Fruits Basket (Ha! In your face, Mikey!) A lot of shoujo series tend to frustrate me, like Kare Kano, Ayashi no Ceres, Nana, wo Sagashite, Aishiteruze Baby, etc etc... A lot would disagree with me and try to convince me they're good series, but it's the characters in shoujo series normally piss me off. There are a few that I like, and for some reason I don't mind them as much in manga-form, but as for anime... no.

But I don't dislike the genre as a whole. Another pet peeve of mine with anime is when they don't live up to manga they derived from, or something like that. But I'm sure this goes for a lot of people. I personally dislike the Type-Moon anime series, as I'm biased towards the original games. I could continue ranting about series that use their budgets poorly, had bad writing, and etc... but I normally tend to quickly forget about them. ;;

Bleh, I'm bad at this.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 24, 2008, 03:20:09 PMIf you were looking for an action series in them, and watched them to the end and feeling ... unsatisfied because of the lack of... actio-- kjfkljdslfjalkfhkldfjs *Faceplam*

I see what you did there.

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: short_storiesgl on February 24, 2008, 04:18:59 PM
Ok First off i have to Say Naruto... excuse me but F*CK that anime! i hate it and i hate all its stupid fans....UGH  >:(
I just wish there are other cosplays besides Naruto at cons....
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on February 24, 2008, 04:31:33 PM
Ok First off i have to Say Naruto... excuse me but F*CK that anime! i hate it and i hate all its stupid fans....UGH  >:(

Your wish was fulfilled a long time ago. Even though Naruto cosplays are more prevalent at cons since 4 or 5 years ago, it's died down a lot, and most of them are half-assed so you could easily filter them out visually.

Eeeeveryone gets annoyed by Narutards, and it does suck. But honestly, I think Naruto was a pretty good shounen series up until the first 50 or 60 episodes, or until the fillers. It wasn't my taste, but it wasn't too bad either.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 24, 2008, 03:20:09 PM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on February 24, 2008, 09:35:44 AM

You know, it's funny since... Air isn't supposed to have action, comedy, and fanservice. Same with Chobits. It's not... an action.... series. If you were looking for an action series in them, and watched them to the end and feeling ... unsatisfied because of the lack of... actio-- kjfkljdslfjalkfhkldfjs *Faceplam*

Ok hold on there, I take back what I said, that come out right. The fanservice especially, I'm don't like fanservice that much, it was just something I noticed in Air Tv which is good because I don't see that much anime that doesn't have fanservice. 

They just don't really fit my tastes. I'm not saying that I hate Air Tv and Chobits just because of that, I don't hate those series, I just didn't get what I was expecting, I wasn't expecting any violence of course.

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 24, 2008, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: OniCourseMusha on February 24, 2008, 04:31:33 PM

Your wish was fulfilled a long time ago. Even though Naruto cosplays are more prevalent at cons since 4 or 5 years ago, it's died down a lot, and most of them are half-assed so you could easily filter them out visually.

Eeeeveryone gets annoyed by Narutards, and it does suck. But honestly, I think Naruto was a pretty good shounen series up until the first 50 or 60 episodes, or until the fillers. It wasn't my taste, but it wasn't too bad either.

how many episodes are there anyways? Thats one reason why I'm not a big fan Naruto, too much to follow and the cast is too big, I can barely remember the names of 15 characters.

LordKefka

Hmm, I'm getting rusty..

Anyways,

Sai-Kano - melodramatic stuff never goes well with me
Koi Kaze - no.. not into the whole decade year of age difference relationship thing.
Piano - boring
Someday's Dreamer - boring
World of Naru - boring
Coyote Ragtime - I can't believe I watched all of this either
Starship Operators - wouldn't be as bad had it gone for 26 episodes.
Innocent Venus - waste of time (again, don't know why I bothered to watch all of this)
Gundoh Musashi - I don't even want to start here..
Genocyber - maybe it was cool back then, but no thanks
Ninja Resurrection - On the scale of Gundoh Musashi. At least it had better art and animation..
Hyper Speed GranDoll - Only thing which made me watch any part of this were the costumes. End.
Najica Blitz Tactics - ugh... I liked the fanservice of 009-1 better k thanks.

To name a few I guess. I wouldn't necessarily say they are "worst" or I "hate them"... well, maybe Genocyber and Ninja Resurrection. But the other ones just felt more like a waste of time.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

otakuya

You can't really hate an anime. Just don't watch it.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Otakuya on February 25, 2008, 09:51:42 PM

Of course you can, just as you can... hate a movie, or a TV show. You wouldn't really be able to form an opinion at all if you don't watch it, though.

FanimaidCafe.com

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 25, 2008, 10:00:07 PM
Quote from: Otakuya on February 25, 2008, 09:51:42 PM

Of course you can, just as you can... hate a movie, or a TV show. You wouldn't really be able to form an opinion at all if you don't watch it, though.
True true.  How the hell can I talk sh*t about one of the anime if I haven't watched them yet?
Kraken Con Staff

otakuya

That's why I really only watch anime I know I'd like, through reviews, previews, trailers, and word of mouth.

But for stuff that I was disappointed in after watching a bit of it:
Cardcaptors-nuff said (not Card Captor Sakura though)

Lost Universe-I expected Slayers (my all time fav, from the same creator), but didn't get it

Initial D-yeah really! Especially coming from someone like me. After playing the arcade game SO many times, the anime itself seemed boring if I'm not the one behind the wheel. Same kinda goes with Wangan Midnight too.

LastElixir

Gun X Sword for sure, lolol. So many potentials, and all the cards played wrong.

and yeah, probably Chobits because it didn't have any action.

j

Chun

Quote from: LordKefka on February 25, 2008, 06:34:14 PM
Someday's Dreamer - boring

Urge... to rant... building.... (It's one of my all-time favorites in its simplicity).

It just seems like some of these "Hated/Disliked" bits are centric around A) "I don't like this genre, so this show just sucks", or B) "Total Service but still sucked".

People will like action, people will like drama, but this kind of "MASSUGU GO!" clear cut two sides of the line generalization is kind of redundant. Maybe declare a genre you DO like and state some for those liked genres that you disliked? It's much better than "NOT ENUFF" IMO...

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

LordKefka

You know what, forget it. Not even worth arguing.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

OniCourseMusha

We're not here to force other people to like it!  And who cares whether its a genre or crap!  We're just here to rant it cuz its our taste!  Cuz I know there are some anime I do enjoy thats listed here such as Najica Blitz Tactic (I just enjoy watching Maids get knocked out) but I'm not forcing the person to enjoy it or telling people that its not your genre!  It gives us an idea of the bads whether its good to others or just plain bad on everything.  Now rant, no arguing!
Kraken Con Staff