Trinity Blood gathering '08

Started by vasher, February 27, 2008, 07:11:57 AM

Yukari Kaiba

woooo I went out to Target today and got my Nerf guns for Tres :D (super fun just to play around with btw). I'm tempted to bring the foam darts with me, maybe get some hilarious pics of me VS the Orden...
"Guess the Vatican had to make some cutbacks, implementing its Killing Doll with new weaponry. Does not seem as effective as before."

XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yukari Kaiba

I'd go with the first one - it seems the most similar to the refs you posted ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

My Abel collar is 4" high at the front and 3" at the back, and it doesn't flop down thanks to the buckram and wire.
*giggles*
You realize how bad this kind of discussion could be misconstrued???
;P

The Queen Esther collar though is bigger, so it is going to require something like wire support. But the good news is the buckram and wire stuff really isn't that expensive. I should add you want to look for it at shops that sell millinery or hat making supplies. They have a few different weights/stiffness of the stuff.

And Yukari, as you're going for artbook, you might want to use some of it for your Tres' collar, too. Especially if you want that "robotic" look Nightroad's joking about. Tres is supposed to be noted for his perfect appearance with his AX uniform. ;)

As for YOU Kitty Black Widow...my "demanding" you do the version with arrows?
*Mutters about supposed to be priests...and at least I won't get into trouble with con ops with my AX uniform!!*
With the wigs....I like the first one better--more tough looking....
:)

Yukari Kaiba

haha, yeah i was planning on using buckram for the collar (pretty familiar with the stuff as my mom and I used it for the panels in my solo dresses when i was still a competitive irish dancer). Guess I'll have to make sure everything is perfect and in place if I am to hold up Tres' reputation of a perfect image of an AX officer XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Black Kawaii Kitty

;D tehe ok I bought the first one~ though I won't need it until like next year lol 8)

Rei-Rei

Quote from: kimu on August 12, 2008, 12:09:54 AM
The Queen Esther collar though is bigger, so it is going to require something like wire support. But the good news is the buckram and wire stuff really isn't that expensive. I should add you want to look for it at shops that sell millinery or hat making supplies. They have a few different weights/stiffness of the stuff.

Hehehe... Not to mention all the embroidery and stuff that will be on there... >.>;
I'm not sure if I want to play it simple and go for a collar collar or like...... The fan looking print...
We'll see.. I'm working on the ruff at the moment...

Nightroad

My timing must be really off 'cause I keep missing the wig parties!!!! TT_TT

Tho' I did break that mirror a couple weeks ago... TT_TT

Quote from: kimu on August 12, 2008, 12:09:54 AM
My Abel collar is 4" high at the front and 3" at the back, and it doesn't flop down thanks to the buckram and wire.
*giggles*
You realize how bad this kind of discussion could be misconstrued???
;P

Oh? look whos got the dirty mind now!!! XP ;D
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

I have to blame Cain's Orden for that, specifically Dietrich....  ;)
All those chats with Kitty and the couple weekends ago when I met up with her, the Orden is sooo naughty....
I must purify the evil energies away....
:D

And you broke a mirror...hmm....I sure hope that doesn't mean the bad luck. LOL!

As for Rei-rei--at least you have plenty of time if you are working on it now to make decisions. If you can pull of the fan collar, it will be lovely!

Yukari Kaiba

small cosplay update from me: ordered my Tres wig my Amphigory today ^^ hoping to hit up the fabric store this weekend so I can start on the cassock and the capelet (need to hit up a Home Depot to find some insulation form too to make the form for the shoulder armor).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Sister Kate

Woot we have another Esther! It a bit late but welcome to the club!!  ;D More crazy madness YAY!! More photo ops!!!! (evil laughter)
Yes I am crazy, Nightroad and Kimu I'm sure will confirm that. *smiles sweetly*
I'm impressed you are doing the Queen Esther outfit. *bows down* my Kate costume is so simple compare to that *mutters to self* still needs buttons and arrows.
man summer is almost over!! (cries :'( ) and now i'll have even less time for sewing with cross country practice (stupid sadistic coach mumble mumble)
Cain Sugar XD

Charis

So the outcome of a distinct lack of handwork for my Kcon projects, a need to make myself take my breaks at work last week, and a long D&D gaming session last Saturday, coupled with my FireMountain order?

Bling for Kaya!  Planning on using this as a belt rosary, and I got the beadwork put together for the one around her neck that TOTALLY ISN'T A ROSARY, DAMN IT, but I haven't worked out the three-loop connector/shield/whatsits or the cross for that yet.  Nor do I have pictures of that part yet.

Making these is awfully addicting, somehow.  Very zen.  I want to do more, but I think that's all the bead-bling I have to put together.

Kate, darling, what is this "time" of which you speak?
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

kimu

Time is something we members of the AX are not given enough of...alas!!
;)

I know Yukari is working the Tres!! teehee
And it's hard to avoid some temptations, like getting a TB costume done? It's okay, Charis. But better watch how you say want to do more....that could land you in some trouble.

Yes, Sister Kate is a wonderful Sister...although she sometimes has naughty tendencies....
Isn't that right, other Abel?
:P

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on August 19, 2008, 05:27:51 PM
I know Yukari is working the Tres!! teehee

affirmative.
haha XD
but yes, I am working on Tres! went to Joann's last night and got me some nice black twill for the capelet and the cassock, as well as a bit of buckram for the gravity defying collar. they were closing though so i didn't have time to go find me some silver bias tape or the snaps i needed ><, but I can get those later.still need to find me some belts with the right clasps and i need to order the Wonderflex for the shoulder armor and for the bits that are around the collar, gonna order the red contacts next month. hoping my wig comes soon :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Charis

Quote from: kimu on August 19, 2008, 05:27:51 PM
But better watch how you say want to do more....that could land you in some trouble.

But I like trouble?  :3

... okay, one thing that continually stymies me, because I've seen references that could be interpreted (and have been) so many ways: the fronts of the nuns' habits.  Snaps, buttons, or grommets?  It really looks like it should be grommets in a good number of the pictures, but buttons or snaps would make so much more sense, and ... gah!  *headdesk*
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Sister Kate

For Kate's outfit i just used buttons. But then again i like the quick and dirty, as compared to say Kimu who takes pride in her handsewing. As you have pointed out time does not seem to like the AX very much. BLAME CAIN!!!!!!
;)
I added the two slits in the back of the Kate's outfit. For the longest time i was trying to decide 1 or 2 slits. The artist does not like drawing the backs of the characters for some odd reason.  :D

Cain Sugar XD

Charis

I actually like things like handsewing or setting grommets -- like doing linked bead chains, it's weirdly zen.  (Plus, I can run out during my breaks and do that on the back stairs or something.)  I just can't figure out how the blasted things fasten if those are grommets ... unless they're doing hidden snaps or something, WHICH I WOULD NOT PUT PAST THORES.  I also hate buttonholes.  *weeps*

Back slits, hm?  I probably won't go that route -- planning on having some terribly full skirts -- but that sounds like it'd look nifty.
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Man...I missed ALOT!!!!! TT_TT
I got sick... Didn't eat for 4 days... Better now tho'!!!

Its the curse of the mirror!!!! (Or maybe Abel's luck is haunting me???)
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

The key is, Other Abel, can you blame Cain for getting sick?
I actually could after AnimeExpo...teehee
Glad you're feeling better!

As for slits...it's true the artbook stuff does not tend to show the back side of many of the characters.
I have noticed that THORES tends toward 4 panels on a lot of the things.

And Charis...I think the solution is anything that pulls off the look--and there's more than one way to get there depending on preferences. Zippers, snaps, eye hooks...you can probably avoid buttonholes if you want.
You could maybe do snaps under it and do the grommets?
Hope you find a happy solution for it!

Yukari Kaiba

yaaaayy my Wonderflex came today! I can start on my armor now XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)