Trinity Blood gathering '08

Started by vasher, February 27, 2008, 07:11:57 AM

kimu

This is what I see after getting back from seeing my horse?
wow....

Sillies!!!

And YOU Nightroad...can't give me any more lectures about staying up late. Nope.
:D

So I have to report, that spackling over Wonderflex is truly awesome, however, it does still require sanding, and now that I added in all pieces for the belts (the photo I posted was a temporary solution for the silver bars on the belts and will not hold up for long)...aaaah!
Then my horse rolled in the sand, and of course I had to groom him after that. 
Between those two things, I feel like I've been running around the desert.

Betsy visited to see things today--and SHE is the worst of all!
She stayed at work until 3 am last night!!! Yes, she worked on a Saturday....she was taking a page from my book over the winter about excessive overtime. ugh
Anyway, she might the one to fall asleep on the bench at the picnic next Saturday!
So in showing her cosplay goodies, it's clear that I'm such a perfectionist that I am again "behind schedule". Because as normal with spackling, it's not perfect the first time. Although darn near! Muuuuch better than all those coats of gesso that weren't doing enough to fill in the texture!
So of course, some people would just say--"good enough" and go on with the painting--I'm not. The marks will show sooo much with metallic paint, I don't expect a mirror surface when I'm done....but some more spackling is going to happen first.

As I said to Betsy--every time on this costume I've had a choice of two ways, I've taken the more difficult and slower way. I'm putting so much into being sure that it's as good as my skills can have it be, and all the new stuff I've had to learn, that it's taking so freaking frelling blasted long. My own fault.
I even had to go back into resin casting this morning for more arrows. When I did my glueing for the 'double arrows' for the front of the cape, some of them dried kinda funny crooked weird (they looked okay when I taped them down as a way of clamping them to dry overnight!). They looked like maybe after a fight with Petros or something. New trick in glueing learned....argh.
So I have another day or two then a decision, I'm either going 75%-80% to the picnic, or wait for Anime Expo when it will be 100%.

I had a thought and looked back at manga vol 1.
Going to see if I focus on completing just the pieces in that volume...save the others for after the picnic. All the extra armor pieces on the cape came in after vol. 1.
;p

But...I think I'll get some pictures and post them for your amusement, at least! After I finish dinner and after I get a shower in....
;p

Nightroad

Sounds like its coming along Kimu!
Kimu: Are you going as Abel to anime expo? I might(key word: might) begoing down south for part of that con, and If I do end up going I'd LOVE to see you in costume!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

After gessoing every piece of Wonderflex so far completed (just shoulder pauldron isn't finished with the shaping work yet), it's not as bad as I thought it might be. Not too much to fix with spackling! Yeah!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03768a.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03773a.jpg

So...I'm going to do my best to have Manga Volume 1 version ready for Saturday.
If something goes into "epic fail" mode (been seeing that term a lot lately on the cosplay Trinity Blood forum, not that that's a good thing, of course, but just goes to show I am NOT alone in this suffering joy of cosplay ;p ), then I'll wear Ukitake for the picnic.

But oh yes, my Abel IS going to be at Anime Expo for 100% sure. There is NO epic fail on that, at least.
And with the mess going on over there about what day(s) the TB gathering is, it's possible I'll be running amok as Abel twice on Friday and Saturday? So...fellow Abel, IF you make it for part of that con, I would be in heaven for sure!! (I'll make sure you have my contact info before I leave for AX.)
There's going to be a lot of really nice c.com TB forum cosplayers there, including the crazy set that begged me to come and share a room with them. And a lot of great Bleach cosplayers, too. I think due to the chaos I'm going to leave my Kenshin at home, and I'm going to wear Sairin on Sunday.

And while on erranding, and I was right near it, the Borders still does not have the new novel out...
argh

And here's other pics, as I said I'd throw a few up, (as opposed to throwing up? ;p)
Note on my putting some things together for the first time--I don't have all the closures done on the cassock yet. Also, it was already 11 pm when I started that, and self auto timers are not fun when you're tired. heheh
Also, I meant to take a pic of the arrows that aren't sewn on yet (that have to be clear coated before they get anywhere near the cloth!), oops.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03757a.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03765a.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03780a.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v503/taleoryn/stuff_in_progress/?action=view&current=DSC03782a.jpg

Nightroad

Ahhh!!!!!!!!!! It looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

Now I really hope I can make it for part of anime expo!!!!!!

Yukari Kaiba

@Kimu -
OMG.
wow...it looks absolutely amazing! the armor pieces look fantastic! kyaahh i can't wait to see this on saturday! =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Ester-chan

*falls over in a dead faint*

Holy Jesus, mother of pearl....

Kimu: You are now my official GOD. Holy crap, that's amazing!

I can't wait to see you whenever I see you! *runs around the house squeeling*
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts

Black Kawaii Kitty

:D I second everything else that had been said hehe. All of it looks beautiful!!! ^O^

EDIT:
GUESS WHO GOT ON THE COSTUME PAGE!?!?!

http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/

*Glomps Vasher to death* ^O^

kimu

Vasher!!!
AWESOME!!!
Three cheers for Cain!
oh--wait, I'm cheering for Cain???!!!
Actually, that is great! You deserve it for the work on your costume.
Although I love the Di and Isaak of your trio, too!
And if you glomp Vasher to death...hm, what would that mean? hmmmm

And...thank you all for the complements...it means a lot to me. :D
<sniffles>

I won't have the shoulder and back armor finished for the cape by Saturday's picnic, but when studying pics again yesterday, it occurred to me that manga volume 1 Abel didn't have all that extra armor yet. So I'm going to do my best to have that version ready for Saturday, then all the rest of the armor will be done for AX. And attached to the cape...somehow...LOL!

Monday night means sword class after work and that means late start on projects...so...better finish and get back to work. As much as I want to wear Ukitake to the picnic to be one with the Bleach bunch....I also want to debut Abel....

Nightroad

WOW!!! Congrats to Cain!!! You totaly deserve it!
As for you Kimu, BE SURE TO TAKE PICTURES!!!!!!! Of your costume for us to see!

Sister Kate

OMG  . . . .
. . .
. .
Kimu . . . .
I'm actually speechless . . . .
OK its decided everyone must try to get together on halloween! I sooo want to see your costume totally finished!! (I will try to resist glomping you)

Tomorrows the Big day!! i leave livermore around 11:00 and i think my flight is at 3:00 from SFO. from there we stop in Amsterdam and then off to Israel!!!!Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm hecka excited my only problem is i wont have a way to go on the internet! I can live with out TV but Internet is much harder :( i'm going to have so much catching up to do when i get home!!! Wish me luck
(i will be sure to post once i get home and over my jet lag @_@ )
Oh and awesome job Vasher!!! You totally deserve it , that costume is totally wicked ;P
(kimu i still have pictures of you helping Vasher with her costume, Tee Hee)  ;D
Cain Sugar XD

Yukari Kaiba

congrats on the showcase, Vasher! you deserve it =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

aack you are all too much!!
I won't survive you seeing me in the costume now, I'm afraid!!
LOL!
Actually, I can hardly wait for the day we get to all be together again.

And Sister Kate--may your trip be wonderful!
Safe journeys, and we will want a full report of your experience.

And I don't suppose we should be worried about Cain's ego, should we?
But there's no denying that's an awesome costume.
;)

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: kimu on June 17, 2008, 12:02:32 AM

;)

not tooo much...otherwise Di might have to hide in the bushes from Cain's overly happy and "energenic" behavior at Yaoicon ;_; It was bad enough last year XD *giggles at pictures all over again* I thought of a funny part for our skit this year involving a certain pair of pajama pants that I do believe I have shown Cain before hehe

Yukari Kaiba: Do Renji for the picnic! I want a fake sake drinking buddy! XD, and Kimu can still be Ukitake...but in a "priests" outfit ^_~

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on June 17, 2008, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: kimu on June 17, 2008, 12:02:32 AM

;)

Yukari Kaiba: Do Renji for the picnic! I want a fake sake drinking buddy! XD, and Kimu can still be Ukitake...but in a "priests" outfit ^_~

lol yeah i've decided to do Renji for the picnic, so Matsumoto will have a fake sake buddy! darn if only i had sake glasses then we could pictures at the picnic with kimu as our Ukitake cosplaying as Abel XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

Yukariiii!
You're already back to work on your...hm, not a conspiracy theory...that theory about Abel and Ukitake being the same....aaaack!
;p

I have a pair of sake cups and a bottle!
And I will bring them so you can have some fun photo ops! You can put soda or whatever you want in them.
:)

Di hiding in the bushes from Cain's ego. hehehe
Until he uses the lance of doooooom to start poking around, or blast them away....
LOL!
The pajama pants are obviously not boring plain ordinary ones, are they?

Nightroad

Oh dear these yaoi con pics are sounding more and more...dangerous!!!
*laughs*
Ah until we all get together agian talking and pics will have to get us though!!!

kimu

Well, Nightroad...
IF you get to make it AX...you are bringing your Abel costume, riiiight?
If you come to AX without your Abel costume....you will be in so much trouble.

Nightroad

Scary Kimu!!! *hides*
I actually hadn't been planning to bring Abel, but, on second thought, maybe I should...

kimu

Whaaaat?
You'd come to AX, knowing that I would be there, knowing I'd finally have my costume finished and be wearing it, and not be there with yours, too???
<cries>
Don't make me have to report you to her Eminence!!

So sanding round #2 is done...it was getting dark as I finished.
There were a couple large blood sucking mosquitoes that had to be reminded who's the Crusnik.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on June 17, 2008, 07:25:39 AM
Yukariiii!
You're already back to work on your...hm, not a conspiracy theory...that theory about Abel and Ukitake being the same....aaaack!
;p

but the similarities are there! they both like tea, the long flowing white hair, supernatural powers...
XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)