How old is too old?

Started by Froxen Shade, March 06, 2008, 01:45:12 AM

maeiounj39

If I started to get white hair, I start cosplaying as chiyo from Naruto. I mean she old and awsome. She controls puppets, and can do medical stuff. Too bad shes dead.

Mister_E

When I'm old I can also cosplay as

Aeolia Schenberg the founder of Celestial Being.

From Gundam 00
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

zoupzuop2

Pfffft. I saw a mother Ranma-chan holding her daugher Ranma-chan's hand through the con. I nearly cried happy tears. That's not too old. That's just good taste.

It basically boils down to interest and ability (and ethics); If you are either disinterested or physically unable to come to Fanime (in a coma, legs and arms broken en route, etc.), you may be too old.
If you're coming just to hit on the younger cosplayers, and the margin of age difference > or = to 15+ in your "favor", you're probably too old (and perverse).
If you're 95+, you're not too old. If you're 95 and still cosplaying as Sailor Beefcake, you may be too old.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Mister_E

My mother at one last year was going to a Soul for Bleach with a Chain a Fate on her shirt but she changed her mind sometime before the '07 con. But now this year my little sister is going to be the soul now. But not take part in any of the Bleach Gahterings.

I just have to get the chain quickly.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

quantbits

I saw a 70ish old Saber there too. She looked like she was having a fun time.

Go as long as you're having fun and of course,
if factors aren't weighing you down that you can't go (spouse, children, overtime, critical social/age bracket backlash, etc).

I plan on doing photography at cons for at least 4 more years... cosplayers have this natural high that's hard to find in professional models.

FanFicGuru

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

zoupzuop2

Quote from: short_storiesgl on March 24, 2008, 04:53:24 PM
LOOK you can never be too old  ;D

"I won the internet before the internet was THERE!"
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

o_o; Now that I think about it "adorable" wasn't nesscisarily the best word... ×_×; Mah bad.

Haruka

This will be my eleventh Fanime.  I've been going since my senior year in high school and I started asking myself that same question last year.  I was wondering if my interest was still as strong as it once was or if I needed to seed the convention to the young ones...So as a test of my devotion, I did not cosplay.  But I hung out with my friends, went to Yaoi night, play "catch" in the Gaming room with a Keroro Gunsou head and just generally enjoyed myself.  I wanted to smack my own forehead for being so rediculous as to think I was too old.  NO SUCH THING! 
^,^
I will be cosplaying this year as Suiseiseki and have already plotted out next year's costume, too.  And as if that was not enough, our group has brought back into the fold one of our own who went astray after Con in 2005.  SO excited!
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Amon_Devilman

Never too old for anything. It's just a matter of whether you still find it fun.