Fairmont Hotel - Additional Rooms

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 06, 2008, 03:15:41 PM

PassingTheBuck

Hi Everyone,

The Fairmont Hotel has decided to open a VERY large block of single bedded rooms. 

This is a four star hotel.

If you have not registered as of yet, this is the last hotel with any rooms to offer up to us.

After this block is sold out, the next hotel will be down the VTA line. 

I have not idea how long this is going to last, but consider this your final warning about getting a close by hotel room.

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

blancoisma

I'm going to be staying at the Fairmont, but I had a question and I was hoping you could answer it.

I originally booked a 4 night stay at the Fairmont, for two people thinking that I was going to be going with my friend. However, she won't be able to go, but I am going to possibly end up with 3 other people. Now, will that present a problem at the hotel when I go to check in and say that there will be four people, including myself? Part of me thinks that it shouldn't, seeing that the room has two beds, so two people to a bed, right. But I'm paranoid about these things. I don't want to drive 6 hours to Fanime and then have trouble with the hotel.
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: blancoisma on March 16, 2008, 09:34:13 PM
I'm going to be staying at the Fairmont, but I had a question and I was hoping you could answer it.

I originally booked a 4 night stay at the Fairmont, for two people thinking that I was going to be going with my friend. However, she won't be able to go, but I am going to possibly end up with 3 other people. Now, will that present a problem at the hotel when I go to check in and say that there will be four people, including myself? Part of me thinks that it shouldn't, seeing that the room has two beds, so two people to a bed, right. But I'm paranoid about these things. I don't want to drive 6 hours to Fanime and then have trouble with the hotel.

I can't comment on this subject as there are legal issues

However theorically, if this was a word problem, I would answer it in the following manner:

"Do not tell them how many people are in the room, just asked for <fill in the blank> number of keys and be done with it.  They aren't going to be asking for the names of the other people, they think there are four bodies and you are paying for four slots, they aren't going to know any differences."

But speaking from a legal stand point I would have to say that you need to be up front with them and be honest about the number of bodies.

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

On another note, let me just say that the Fairmont is a VERY nice place.

I really like it. I went there for the guests of honor mixer and the lobby and everything looked very nice. From what I've seen of the rooms they are also very nice.

The prices aren't that bad at all either. So, yeah...if you're having trouble with getting a room... stay here!

Great place.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Trumby

Quote from: blancoisma on March 16, 2008, 09:34:13 PM

Considering it is the same price no matter how many people are in the room, just call the hotel and change the number of people in the room. That way even if it would have been an issue, it no longer is one.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)