HAY! LET'S GO TO THE BEACH! [in June]

Started by Chibblz, March 16, 2008, 08:48:35 AM

Chibblz

Okay, so this thing was initially just for my Anime Club at Santa Clara High, but I thought it'd be nice to have more people go too. I was thinking of getting the Wilcox Anime Club too.. But yeah.. On to the details.

It'll be a beach party, kind of, to celebrate the end of the school year and the coming of summer. I want it to take place in June, preferably some day within the range of the Saturday the 14th to Sunday the 22nd. I want to make it spectacular and fun, but I'm not sure where to make it. I'd like some input and was wondering who could go, too!

It'd have to be, like.. maybe San Francisco or Santa Cruz, though.. Not sure, but preferably Santa Cruz. Somewhere around the radius of there and Santa Clara. Since we're dealing with some Freshmen and Sophomores, I don't really want their parents to worry any more than they already would.

Soo... Who wants to go? Haha. I know it's a little early, but I'd like to be able to make preparations because I'm a procrasinator.

Spiritsnare

That actually sounds like a viable replacement for the Raging Waters trip, personally speaking.

Lemme think about the logistics and lemme get back to you on that, eh?
epic progressive

vox

Kazuko

I dont think SF would be ideal for a beach party two things that are wrong with SF's beaches

1. they are DAMN cold
2. You might find needles, medical supplies or glass in the sand or water

Santa Cruz is nice but I like the beaches in socal

ahh the beach I love it there =) last time I was in Peru I went to Mancoran! beautiful place to go when you get there by the chance

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

RyuHayabusa

I'd like to go to the beach as well and yeah, this would be a nice replacement for Raging Waters. Somewhere between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz would be nice since there are lot of state beaches around that area and I have to agree with Kaz concerning SF beaches.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sunara Ishi

I think this might be rather fun.

But as I have to take a summer class: if it ends up falling on a day I have class, it'd be a no go for me.

For now, count me in. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

If we're voting on beaches, I'd suggest Carmel. Very nice beach and very nice (almost antique, even) waterfront shopping.

I'm pretty sure, though, that it'll pose a problem for some students (Parents: "YOU'RE GOING ON A TRIP WITH LIKE 30 UNKNOWN PEOPLE ABOUT LIKE A HUNDRED MILES FROM HERE?").
epic progressive

vox

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Spiritsnare on March 16, 2008, 09:51:05 PM
If we're voting on beaches, I'd suggest Carmel. Very nice beach and very nice (almost antique, even) waterfront shopping.

I'm pretty sure, though, that it'll pose a problem for some students (Parents: "YOU'RE GOING ON A TRIP WITH LIKE 30 UNKNOWN PEOPLE ABOUT LIKE A HUNDRED MILES FROM HERE?").

i was there when I was a kid and yea, Carmel is really, really nice and it's feels like you have stepped back in time. I agree with this location dude and yeah, it's about 2 hrs from here. Plus it's the only town where Dirty Harry aka Clint Eastwood was mayor. and the beaches are awesome. Good idea dude for the gathering :3

Chibblz

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 16, 2008, 09:55:48 PM
Quote from: Spiritsnare on March 16, 2008, 09:51:05 PM

i was there when I was a kid and yea, Carmel is really, really nice and it's feels like you have stepped back in time. I agree with this location dude and yeah, it's about 2 hrs from here. Plus it's the only town where Dirty Harry aka Clint Eastwood was mayor. and the beaches are awesome. Good idea dude for the gathering :3
I keep reading Carmel as "camel".. But wow, it looks pretty.. But like.. ermm.. Far.. DX
And dude, Clint Eastwood a mayor? Wow.. o_o;

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on March 16, 2008, 03:39:45 PM
I'd like to go to the beach as well and yeah, this would be a nice replacement for Raging Waters. Somewhere between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz would be nice since there are lot of state beaches around that area and I have to agree with Kaz concerning SF beaches.
Between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz sounds perfect. Lawl. And yah.. I was just trying to name some beaches at first.. Didn't really think and stuff. o_o;

DemonLordZabuza

Woot beaches are fun :D

Santa Cruz beaches some are fun, well some of them anyway.  If all goes well I will be spending my time at a beach every other day running or swimming this summer :D.  If not working on random props for people  :P

I should check some out during spring break again  8), that reminds me I need some sunglasses

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Chibblz on March 16, 2008, 10:56:30 PM
I keep reading Carmel as "camel".

For the longest time when I was a kid, I always read it as "caramel". ^^;

I'll agree with Ryu with that vicinity. Santa Cruz actually sounds nice (OHHHH SHIT DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE LET'S DO THIS GET HYPE).
epic progressive

vox

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Spiritsnare on March 16, 2008, 11:10:21 PM
DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE LET'S DO THIS GET HYPE.
you can just hear your arteries clogging already.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 16, 2008, 11:12:13 PM
DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE LET'S DO THIS GET HYPE.

But when they clog in this way, they clog joyfully!
epic progressive

vox

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Chibblz on March 16, 2008, 10:56:30 PM
I keep reading Carmel as "camel".

For the longest time when I was a kid, I always read it as "caramel". ^^;

I'll agree with Ryu with that vicinity. Santa Cruz actually sounds nice (OHHHH SHIT DEEP FRIED CHEESECAKE LET'S DO THIS GET HYPE).

LMAO. And i've been craving that for how long now, a year ago since we were at santa cruz?
Quote from: otakuapprentice on March 16, 2008, 11:12:13 PM

But yeah, who wants to live forever, amirite? I don't care if i exit this earth early because of said dessert. I'll die happy lol

@chibbliz: Yep. he was mayor. Everyone made a big deal out of it back in the late 80's/early 90's(i think) for info go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmel-by-the-Sea%2C_California

and I don't mind doing a roadtrip. road trips are fun :3

Barnes

I'm up for any beach, so long as:
-The date won't interfere with my college summer classes
-I have a roundtrip ride

If we end up in Santa Cruz, hopefully I'll be able to play PIU again (if they still have the machine at the Boardwalk)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Chibblz

Yar~ Like.. We can go to Santa Cruz for this or something.. and Carmel for some other time. I'd LOVE to go there.. Lawl.

But yah.. I hope lots of people would go to make it funfunfun. The Boardwalk sounds fun too.. O_O

Spiritsnare

A pair of beach trips, then?

One to accommodate for your anime club (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk) and one to replace Raging Waters (Carmel-by-the-Sea)?

Quote from: Barnes on March 17, 2008, 12:24:04 AM
If we end up in Santa Cruz, hopefully I'll be able to play PIU again (if they still have the machine at the Boardwalk)

You can always play the PIU Zero (or did they upgrade to NX/NX2?) at MGL. IIRC, they've also got an NX set up in D&B's, if you can get inside.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Just wanted to toss out there that offering an open invite like this to anyone on these public forums may or may not be an issue.  This is a high school anime club we're talking about here.  The parents of your club members may not be comfortable with 20-somethings and up attending a trip with their under-aged children.  Just something to consider.

That being said, if this happens, I'll probably be there.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Kazuko

Im going to agree with tsubasa, to be honest its really iffy with 20+ year olds mingled with high schools, something bad could happen? Also yeah there is also the parents that could be involved chaperones are still in the high school system, if it is a school funded field trip that is. or if there are parental units driving most of you out to the beaches.

Suggestion is to probally have the anime club do their thing and then us for another date =\

since this is an open forum you never know who could read this and show up like a creepy pedo

Chibblz

Lawl. "Creepy pedo".. DX

Iunno. I just wanted a bunch of people there to make it interesting. It's not like there wouldn't be any other people at the beach and stuffs. Hell, it's more likely to find a creepy pedo or two that's already hanging around there. o_o;