So...with the knowledge of the Anime Boston fisaco...

Started by heeroyuy135, March 25, 2008, 02:09:30 PM

heeroyuy135

...has the registration portion of the con rethought any of the processes in which to pick up your badge?

If you haven't seen already, Anime Boston over the weeknd had a 10 HOUR LINE to pick up badges (and the resulting apology). I just wonder if Fanime Reg is picking up on this to ensure that the line is as smooth as possible

Tony

We've been sending emails back and forth constantly since we heard about AB.  :P

I can't say anything official, but we are planning on making it as easy and fast as possible.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Ari

Waiting in line for your pre-reg badge isnt that bad at all. So i just pre-reg... but i will never never NEVER buy my badge the day of the con. The lines end up long no matter what, a lot of the staff are working hard at it but there is so many people registering for the day that it just... kinda happens.

Eurobeat King

I don't think FanimeCon's registration (both pre-reg. and at-con registration) will take as long as what happened at AB this past weekend. :)  Then again, this is a new year and Fanime's attendance is expected to increase..
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

SOawesomeness

That's why you staff for registration. :3 Or... pre-reg...
But seriously, that's intense. o.0 If I had to work in reg for a 10 hour line... I would probably die or shoot myself because of being hated on so much. o.0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

ewu

when awesome Tony says we have been exchanging e-mail he means 40 or 50 e-mails each about 3 gmail windows long.....yah

no official statements, but there MAY be changes.....but also with those POSSIBLE changes may come hiccups so please give us a break.

With Fanime and as with Anime Boston I am sure, we all try to make your experience as good as possible but stuff (read: sh*t) happens.

If you have awesome and FEASIBLE ideas shoot us an e-mail at registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sen

Quote from: ewu on March 25, 2008, 07:36:46 PM
when awesome Tony says we have been exchanging e-mail he means 40 or 50 e-mails each about 3 gmail windows long.....yah

Each time I checked my inbox ever since Anime Boston happened, I have about 20 emails. I check at least 5 times a day too.  ;D

Believe us, Fanime staff doesn't want the same thing to happen either so we're trying our best.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07