Detroit Metal City

Started by Glitch, March 28, 2008, 02:44:22 PM

Glitch

This manga has a plot that is very one dimensional,yet I find it very amusing. XD
It is a very bizzare death metal parody about a pop loving guy who find himself the lead of a metal band.
An anime version is set to come out this summer.

Anybody else read translations of this?

KimaLucifer

Go to DMC :3

I don`t read the translated, and book 5 was abducted by my boyfriend recently as he likes it too.
With the anime and movie coming along too, I`m all excited this year on this series :D

Yeah, I`m pretty obsessed. I`m gonna buy the tribute CD for DMC that came out 4 days ago.

I`m hoping to be able to be one of the extras in the movie (during the live scene) and get one of those participant goodies whatever they are D:
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Glitch

Quote from: KimaLucifer on April 01, 2008, 10:28:29 PM
Go to DMC :3

I don`t read the translated, and book 5 was abducted by my boyfriend recently as he likes it too.
With the anime and movie coming along too, I`m all excited this year on this series :D

Yeah, I`m pretty obsessed. I`m gonna buy the tribute CD for DMC that came out 4 days ago.

I`m hoping to be able to be one of the extras in the movie (during the live scene) and get one of those participant goodies whatever they are D:
As a lover of metal, I can assure you I am stewing in much jealousy. 0_0     I too am really excited after seeing clips of the anime.
I am hoping some DMC merchandise winds up in the dealers room this year but I'm doubting it.

KimaLucifer

I`m not really into heavy metal (what, I pick up bits and hacks of Judas priest, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody?), but I know the (j-rock) music industry and it`s similar to what I see in DMC :3

The tribute album is quite silly, and once more my bf attacks (but this time before I even listened to it, so he`s paying for it)
All the songs have been modded from the original version to have the word DMC in it :3
There`s one song from it that has an official video to it. (Low quality looking, but interesting with hacks of the comic)

Beat Crusader (Hit in the USA -> Hit in the D.M.C.)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VKuJScNZUw4

Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Glitch

Yes. DMC seems to be a bizarre hybrid of j-rock and the extreme metal scene.Which led me to a WTF when I started reading at first. XD

That is one strange album. All that effort into just putting dmc into songs. X3