Question about cosplaying....

Started by Rei-Rei, March 31, 2008, 10:41:58 PM

Rei-Rei

I was wondering what everyone had planned for their costumes, since Fanime is going to be a couple of days long...
And no one wants to be stuck in the same costume for the whole duration of Fanime... >.>;
So I was wondering, what's everyone doing? Are you going to have multiple costumes to change everyday?
Are you wearing the same costume for every other day? ???

And since this is the first time going to Fanime... I was wondering if it would be weird if I dressed up in my lolita stuff for a day (the attire I"m going to wear for the Black and White ball.)
I mean, it would be cool and all since I don't want to be stuck in my costume for the whole three days I am there, but I was wondering would people give me that evil look and single me out? Since it's not really cosplay and all... >.>;

Attackthbloo

Well, everyday I dress differently but that's because I have a short attention span and stuff.

Friday: Pirate lady cause I CAN!
Saturday: Toadette / gaia (when ever it is)
Sunday: Fuu / gaia (when ever it is)
Monday: Regular

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: Rei-Rei on March 31, 2008, 10:41:58 PM
I was wondering what everyone had planned for their costumes, since Fanime is going to be a couple of days long...
And no one wants to be stuck in the same costume for the whole duration of Fanime... >.>;
So I was wondering, what's everyone doing? Are you going to have multiple costumes to change everyday?

And since this is the first time going to Fanime... I was wondering if it would be weird if I dressed up in my lolita stuff for a day (the attire I"m going to wear for the Black and White ball.)
I mean, it would be cool and all since I don't want to be stuck in my costume for the whole three days I am there, but I was wondering would people give me that evil look and single me out? Since it's not really cosplay and all... >.>;

I think it's perfectly fine to wear what you have in mind for the black and white ball all day if you like. There are a lot of people who do things that are not specifically cosplay, and i've never heard of anyone giving evil eyes towards another lol so don't worry and enjoy yourself. Besides in the past i know they've had events/panels that revolve around lolita japanese fashion, so don't feel like an odd one out, because there will be plenty of attendee's in many different types of clothing.

As for myself i have some things in mind, hopefully rewear my franziska von karma from Phoenix wright as well, as 2 secret cosplays ^^

And i try to not do multiple costume changes in one day, just because it's a lot of work/different make-up for each character=too much time taken away from enjoying the con XD!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

kimu

I think the only problem to wearing the same costume every day....is basic...uh, how to put this politely? Smell?
My only complaint with multi-day same costume is if they didn't plan well, by day 3, you don't want be sitting near them in a panel. It usually involves having to change seats....

In the past, when I only had 1 costume, I only wore it for one of the days. But that was just my preference.

Now I have more costumes (4 for this year), and for the first time I'm going to be faced with a situation where I will be wearing a costume twice, but only for 2 half days.
However, I have washable clothing like cotton t-shirts under the unwashable stuff (trust me when I say with the bling on the costume combined with the fabrics, even dry cleaners would kill it).
So one part of respect to my fellow con-goers is being sure the costume hangs out to air nicely. And there are things like febreeze you can use, too. The other part is I'll be having a second set of clean washable clothes under it for day 2.

As for lolita? Go for it! I enjoy seeing them at the cons.
;D

Rei-Rei

Awesome. ^^
I feel a lot better now. >.>

Ellome

Quote from: Rei-Rei on March 31, 2008, 10:41:58 PM

I agree with Nessa - it's pretty accepted to wear a certain kind of fashion as a costume (because while Lolita style is a type of fashion, it's also very costume) - so don't worry!  ;) Just go for it.

And yeah, one costume for four days? Unless you're washing it when you get home and are commuting.. there are many reasons to recommend against it.  ;D

Rei-Rei

Yeah. I have 2 costumes for three days. ^^