Magic?

Started by GS Dragono, April 01, 2008, 05:11:58 PM

GS Dragono

When I browsed over the events and saw some TCG tournaments, I couldn't help but wonder if there is going to be any Magic The Gathering players there, casual or tournament.

mDuo13

There are always casual Magic players. Usually there's at least one booster draft, too. Since Shadowmoor will be the newest set at the time, I assume that a booster draft would be 3 packs of Shadowmoor (probable price $12-15). Don't know who's running it, though.

lying is an art form

Last year's Magic "tournament" wasn't organized and was pretty much a letdown. Don't expect anything competitive (besides, all the hardcore players minus myself will be down in Hollywood for Pro Tour - Hollywood side-events if not the main) at all. On a side note, I'm ready to sell off 90% of my Magic collection (the other 10% consists of my Cube and a few Standard-legal decks). If you want anything that's Standard-legal or as far back as Revised, feel free to ask. I have less rares from the past and a ton of Time Spiral stuff.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Mizuki

I'll play t1 with anyone, I gotta find my decks again.

fanime_lo-ve

man... I don't really understand magic. I heard it's a lot of money to play the game though... basically getting the right decks set up and everything else.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

JTchinoy

anyone want to buy my cards?  :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Pika1979

if you want to sell your cards you should take them to the swap meet at the con.

JTchinoy

i'll consider that. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Moondancer

Hmm i haven't played magic in a few years. Granted when I was into magic, Ice Age was the new thing. Might consider bringing my cards if folks don't mind playing with a rusty, and way out of date player. I don't even know what half the new little card actions do.

Mizuki

LOL DAMN Ice Age. You are way too OG for me.

Moondancer

Don't fix what's not broken. *laughs* Really I just lost interest in the game for a while from a lack of people to game with, but Magic online got me interested in the game not while ago, and dug the old cards out.

Mister_E

I stopped collecting right after Legends of Kamigawa came out.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Mizuki

Quote from: Moondancer on May 14, 2008, 04:20:38 AM
Don't fix what's not broken. *laughs* Really I just lost interest in the game for a while from a lack of people to game with, but Magic online got me interested in the game not while ago, and dug the old cards out.

Haha, snow covered land gimmick was pretty awful. And other things they introduced which I can't remember for the life of me was so unnecessary.

Moondancer

So are most of the activation/action things cards can do now/ *Snickers* Last time I looked through a box of random cards at the local game store, I didn't know what half the things did, though flashback is sorta useful.

JTchinoy

selling my:
underground seas
polluted deltas
watery graves
birds of paradise
overgrown tombs

and other stuff >_>;;

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

lying is an art form

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 16, 2008, 02:26:25 PM
selling my:
underground seas
polluted deltas
watery graves
birds of paradise
overgrown tombs

and other stuff >_>;;

WHOA!!! PMed. Reply back with prices and whatnot.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

JTchinoy

replied. XP
i'll bring what i can.
the cardshop gets dibs though since i've known the owner for a while now.  i'm probably still going to have the ravnica duals tho.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

redwolf_95037

Quote from: GS Dragono on April 01, 2008, 05:11:58 PM
When I browsed over the events and saw some TCG tournaments, I couldn't help but wonder if there is going to be any Magic The Gathering players there, casual or tournament.

I know for a fact that there will be quite a bit of ppl that will play either type of magic (Me being 1 of the ppl that would bring his decks <I have 5 to choose from>)

redwolf_95037

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 08, 2008, 10:53:31 AM
man... I don't really understand magic. I heard it's a lot of money to play the game though... basically getting the right decks set up and everything else.

Some can cost quite a bit, but some are as cheap as, like say 4 example, $20 for an ok deck 2 play w/others & there are some magic players that are willing to help you build the type of deck you would want to play with.

Lordsnow

Indeed. Last year me and my friends got into a couple games with just random people, it was awesome.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away