Rave?

Started by urusecks, April 01, 2008, 08:23:35 PM

urusecks

Could someone please give me an attendee's evaluation of the rave?  Like...what happened, and what age groups it appeals to?  Also....like the general atmosphere, I suppose.

Any useful information for someone considering it~?
ON KAH-FEH!

DE-ZU NO-TU!

YO FA-CHE!

IamTetsuo

The rave appeals to all ages, however I wouldn't suggest young children attending (like there were last year, made me go why are these kids up this late?).  Also sometimes the dancing does get a little *ahem* PG-13.  It is a fun atmosphere full of people who are there to just party (PARTY HARD! XD )  Lots of glowsticks, and low lighting.  It's very fun even if you can't dance all that well.

Usually dance circles form during the night for the really talented dancers to show their stuff.  Those are always exciting (if a little bit dangerous when someone tries to do a handstand and fails).

Some useful information: wear comfortable cool clothes, it can get hot in the dance room.  If you want glowsticks buy them ahead of time, they can be expensive if you try and buy them at the con (if you can even find them at the con).  Don't forget to drink water!  And drugs are bad, m'kay.  You shouldn't do drugs, m'kay.

As for a review of last years rave:  The crowd was great, lots of people just having a good time.  And when DJ Stormy was spinning the music was great too.  I won't go into any more detail other than to say that last years rave was atypical, and this year it should be better than ever.  :)

Dj Stormy Rayner

Lol... your to kind cheers ;) , The atmosphere is very young and fresh not anything like a Club or Warehouse party, I always had fun there before i was Playing. others have fun i'm sure you would too its just a matter of getting in the groove and feeling it, so stick around for music that appeals to you.

Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

OMG! YOU ARE THAT DJ THAT WAS DJING AT THE RAVE LAST YEAR! Hi! I was there last year and you were awsome! Last year at the rave some chick fell (ROFL D:) so its best to be careful when you go. The age group that attends the Rave varies. And watch out for flying glowsticks. ( Someone bought a lightsaber to last years Rave, too!) Just to have fun and you inevitably [sp?] will.

Dj Stormy Rayner

i was the one than spun Psy Trance >.> not the Happy stuff...

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

;) I know, I know. I remember your face.

vidoll_ru

ah a rave i'm an 8-bit/ Lo-fi Dance artist who would enjoy playing at such a place I compose music on old nintendo systems check my space.

please could anyone give me a number to call to get a hold of the people in charge of this rave.  I've been trying for the past couple days but all seems quiet due to Fanime's lack of funds because of An Cafe's up coming performance >.>; at the con.

Myspace music: myspace.com/vexmode

JohnnyAR

w00t! Rave! I can't wait for it. I'm gonna pahty all night! Who else is looking forward to it.