AMV question (if I picked the wrong section sorry)

Started by Kirtro, April 08, 2008, 01:06:04 AM

Kirtro

been using windows movie maker to make amvs for a while now and im thinking of actually buying an editor (even though as of now I havent felt restricted but ya never know) was wondering if anyone could tell me which of these are better for working on amvs:

Ulead Videostudio 11

Pinnacle Studio 11 (basic or plus)

a while back (come to think of it was around the time of the last fanime) I got the trial of adobe premere and sony vegas and couldn't figure either of them out... I also tried ulead figured some of it out (more than I did the former 2) but I discovered a problem, that would drive me up the wall, I could figure out any way to empty the library without takeing forever to delelte each clip on by one (BTW if anyone knows how please enlighten me ^^;) and so I was gonna try pinnacle but I didn't find the trial version to see how it works) I figured with that factor I should try to get word of mouth, figured it would be the smarter thing to do than waste $50-100 only to say to myself "forget it! im going back to WMM!". havent upgraded my PC or anything if that narrows it down. I realize its a longshot but I figured someone might be able to know from expierience, any helpful resonse at all would be greatly apreciated.

thank you

You most likely read my name wrong

G.I.R

I'd suggest asking Leo Laporte ( http://techguylabs.com/radio/Main/HomePage ).  If you're in California, or Nevada you can call in on his radio show on the weekends from 11:00a.m. to 2:00 P.M. on KFI 640 AM (an L.A. Station, but it can be picked up in the bay area).
He has on previous show covered many editing software bundles, including Ulead and Pinnacle.  Just call in, tell him what you have as far as a system, and what you want to do, and how much you want to spend.

BunofGovt

You can also try www.amv.org (www.animemusicvideos.org).  Lots of amv editors there, and forums for questions and different editing systems.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

maeiounj39

obviously sony vegas, but I don't really know about those.

Kirtro

Quote from: maeiounj39 on April 10, 2008, 05:09:47 PM
obviously sony vegas, but I don't really know about those.

uh...... couldn't figure out, thats why I asked out of a choice of those 2. I was told on the amv.org forum that threads about pinnacle and ulead usually get ignored though (btw thanks for the advice on that GIR and bunofgovt ^^ )
You most likely read my name wrong