L change the WorLd (live-action movie).

Started by Rei-Rei, April 24, 2008, 08:11:30 AM

Rei-Rei

So I was completely oblivious to the fact that a third Death Note Live-Action Movie was coming out.......
Until when I went to see the Forbidden Kingdom movie.  It was a short trailer about 2 previews before the movie began.  It actually looks really cool. 

Unlike the other two, this one actually revolves around L. xD Synopsis can be found here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8161

So I was wondering if anyone else knew about it? I'm so excited, I want to see it. >.>;

Apparently it's already been released in Japan, Singapore, and other various places.  It's to release in American Theatres near the end of this year (approxmating here.)  So does anyone want to see it?? I would like to see the movie, but I'm not sure if I want to see it in Theatres since it'll be English dubbed most probably.

Amon_Devilman

I knew about it, but didn't know it was coming here.

Also, it spoils the hell out of the Death Note live action films.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 24, 2008, 08:11:30 AM
I went to see the Forbidden Kingdom movie.  It was a short trailer about 2 previews before the movie began.  It actually looks really cool.

Same here except it was the first Death Note movie, so sweet!

PyronIkari

Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 24, 2008, 08:11:30 AM
So I was completely oblivious to the fact that a third Death Note Live-Action Movie was coming out.......
Until when I went to see the Forbidden Kingdom movie.  It was a short trailer about 2 previews before the movie began.  It actually looks really cool. 

Unlike the other two, this one actually revolves around L. xD Synopsis can be found here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8161

So I was wondering if anyone else knew about it? I'm so excited, I want to see it. >.>;

Apparently it's already been released in Japan, Singapore, and other various places.  It's to release in American Theatres near the end of this year (approxmating here.)  So does anyone want to see it?? I would like to see the movie, but I'm not sure if I want to see it in Theatres since it'll be English dubbed most probably.

Much like the two live action Death Note movies... It's horrible. Even more horrible than the first two movies.

Kazuko

I heard about this last year i think, I vaugley remember but i may or may not see it probally for lulz and if there is crappy cgi like in the last two movies

zoupzuop2

Wait. Is it bad, like, just plain low-quality, almost depressing bad; or, like, "Curse of the Komodo", incredibly hilariously-bad B-Monster-Movie bad?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Rei-Rei

I actually haven't seen the other live-action movies.... >.>;

JohnnyAR

Well you can't really blame them for the bad cgi, they're probably not good at cgi as we are. I mean look how good Disney is at doing cgi, it can is obviously better than cgi movie japan can pull off. So prove me wrong, if theres a a great japanese cgi movie.

Kazuko

Its hard to mesh reality with cgi at times because the shinigamis stand out and dont blend in especially with lighting and camera direction it could be good or really bad :d imo

Its all based on the animation studios who do the cgi work. Look at the intro to GITS Season 1 its really good cgi Some are better than others, I think Saikano is a good live action with the cgi factor :d and some j-horror

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JohnnyAR