The First Thing You're Going to Do at Fanime!

Started by Makou, May 08, 2008, 03:42:36 PM

Makou

... Besides waiting in line to pay up, I'll sneak around and check the rooms out first before I hang out with anybody. I don't know about the Fanime folks, but for me, Fanime is a time where I can wander around freely and just think about things. No one really knows my face, so there's a different atmosphere that sometimes leads me into thinking, "Hey... I'm finally away from school." It's kinda nice. I'm... finally away.

So, what about you guys? What's the first thing you're going to do?

slimchance

Check in ----> get badge -----> check around town - find something good to eat -----> going to swamp meet

blancoisma

Thursday: Drive 6 hours to San Jose while listening to insanely loud jpop, jrock, and all things dance. Arrive at the Fairmont, check in, head to the center and wait in line for my badge.

As for Friday: First thing I'm going to do is head to the dealer's room when it opens and pray to Jesus the same booth with all the contact lenses is there so I can buy a pair of green contacts for my cosplay X )
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days

Mister_E

Jump out the car with everything I need fo Mask and Flag to Cash and skit CD, and Run. RUN to the reg booths!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Amon_devilman

Probably enter the kareoke contest. Stake out the rooms. See who's arrived.

Rette

Check in to hotel, pick up badge, go to con ops to get my props peacebonded, and then commence the wandering around.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

HuggalotXOmocha

Other than dropping all my stuff in the hotels and running out like a maniac, Im going to handcuff myself to my sister, then im going to run to the dealers room to buy an item for my costume.

Or maybe stand in the middle of the area and squeal in excitement?

SOawesomeness

Get badge > Get hotel key > Put stuff in hotel, change into cosplay > Work at Registration. :D
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

JohnnyAR

Now thats something I can't decide.

maybe I'll go look for cosplayers to take pictures of them or go to the dealers room and buy that Hellsing backpack I saw last year but couldn't buy

FinalShadows

I'm going to point at the first person I see in cosplay ;)
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Dragon Ninja

Arrive in San Jose> walk to hotel > check in > leave my stuff in my room > pick up badge > go to swamp meet > get some dinner.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

otakuapprentice

i know what I'm gonna do BEFORE fanime: I'm gonna go see Indy!

first thing at fanime: dealers room, plain and simple.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Barnes

1st thing at Fanime: Take a concept, and run with it. ;D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Shinsengumi

1st thing is get the room, 2nd the my badge, 3rd find my girlfriend, 4th find my friends, 5th go to the dealers room.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

JTchinoy

pick up my staff badge thursday.
check in to hotel friday, then do groceries with my god sister for what we'll cook to eat over the weekend.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Kazuko

Drive there>meet up with friends for roomage>get badge>start doing booty calls to kick it with (calling friends)

hell yeah B]

Kandybar

I typically stand in line, get my badge, and then abandon the con for food.  :P  There's just something about queuing that makes me hungry - although someone in registration gave me licorice while I waited in line last year.  Whoever you are, you rock!  (Bring more licorice for this year.)

Moonblossom

Arrive on Thrusday, check into my room, spend some quality time catching up with my friend, possibly grab a quick nap as I need to be up at 5:30 in the morning Eastern time, then go get our badges.

DemonLordZabuza

Check in to my hotel room, get some food and sleep.  Wake up when needed

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JTchinoy

Quote from: Kazuko on May 09, 2008, 01:37:38 AM
Drive there>meet up with friends for roomage>get badge>start doing booty calls to kick it with (calling friends)

hell yeah B]
i am not a booty call  >:(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X