A Really Bad Accident

Started by JohnnyAR, May 13, 2008, 06:01:19 PM

JohnnyAR

Alright, today I did not expect anything to happen today, thought it was gonna be a normal boring school day. But it wasn't!

It was PE, 2nd period, we had to practice golf swings, we were told to stay away from those swinging with the golf club. So I was getting ready to swing right and a friend came a little too close to me while it was my turn to swing. So I swing at the ball and I feel some something on my golf club and I hear a thump, I turn to my left to see what it was and see him laying on the grass bleeding from his jaw, there was a lot of blood, I immediately got the PE teacher, soon after classmates started to crowd around going "oh my god what happened?", so some one asked "Who hit him" I got pointed at and everybody looked at me, not believing that it was me. So my friends and I explained to them how it happened and that it was an accident. I haven't apologized to the guy I accidentally hit, he had to leave, so I'll apologize to him tomorrow. Man I felt so bad about it.

But the other bad pars about it is that he was wearing braces so he'll need some sort of surgery. This was all a accident I didn't know he was near me and he didn't know that I was about to swing!

questionette

Oh man, that really does suck.  That reminds me of the time I went bowling when I was 10 and I was practicing my swing and accidentally stuck my fingers up someones nose behind me. Oops.

Anyways, I hope they don't make you pay for the surgery! Especially because it was an accident!

JohnnyAR

Someone kept saying that the guy I hit was gonna jump, but I don't think he will. He won't be in school for the remainder of the week I guess. It was a big shock to everybody, like during lunch people from PE stared at me a little as they passed by.

questionette

Quote from: JohnnyAR on May 13, 2008, 06:25:01 PM
Someone kept saying that the guy I hit was gonna jump, but I don't think he will. He won't be in school for the remainder of the week I guess. It was a big shock to everybody, like during lunch people from PE stared at me a little as they passed by.

excuse my stupidity XD what's jump mean?

JohnnyAR

beating someone up when they don't really expect it

questionette

OHHHHH
so you think the guy you accidentally hit is going to jump you?

that's kinda f'd up...:-/

JohnnyAR

Not really the person who said didn't know if the guy I hit was gonna jump me, I don't think he will. He didn't say it himself though, so I don't if he will or not, most likely not.

Gatsby

Man that really blows. =/ I mean it was an accident but still accidents make you feel horrible. Hope the kids alright.

JohnnyAR

It could've been worse actually, I could've hit him in the eye and make him blind or EVEN WORSE what if I hit him in the neck?

zoupzuop2

Mm. If you ask me, though it is sad that he got hit in the face, I imagine you've little need to be too sad about it. For the one thing, if he was about to jump you, that'd end up making your swing an ironic and lucky form of self-defense. For the other, it was his own damn fault for being so near you when you have a GOLF CLUB in your hands. It's like jumping around in front of someone with a gun. It's almost BEGGING to be shot accidentally.

Very little fault of your own, if you ask me. Good of you to apologize, but perhaps that's the extent to which you need to go? I don't know the whole situation, but from what I can see, you needn't be too far down on yourself for the whole thing.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

JohnnyAR

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on May 13, 2008, 07:41:48 PM
Mm. If you ask me, though it is sad that he got hit in the face, I imagine you've little need to be too sad about it. For the one thing, if he was about to jump you, that'd end up making your swing an ironic and lucky form of self-defense. For the other, it was his own damn fault for being so near you when you have a GOLF CLUB in your hands. It's like jumping around in front of someone with a gun. It's almost BEGGING to be shot accidentally.

Very little fault of your own, if you ask me. Good of you to apologize, but perhaps that's the extent to which you need to go? I don't know the whole situation, but from what I can see, you needn't be too far down on yourself for the whole thing.

No he wasn't gonna jump me, I meant that it was something he might decide to do as payback for hitting him

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on May 13, 2008, 07:41:48 PM
if he was about to jump you, that'd end up making your swing an ironic and lucky form of self-defense.

That would've been funny if he was going to jump me

questionette

=O That reminds me:

I just found out today that someone from my school was at a Giants game and got into a fight with someone.  He swung ONE punch at him and hit him in the right spot, the guy hit the pavement and died.

Imagine living with THAT guilt :-/

JohnnyAR

SOawesomeness

>.> Wow, violent guy.

That's sucks to be him.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

iNSOMNiAC

Ouch, sounds... painful. At least you're apologetic about it.

That reminds me of back when I was in fifth grade, our class was playing tennis racket baseball, and I wasn't very good at it. These two guys in the class kept making fun of me for it, so I got really determined to hit the ball really far when it was my turn to swing. Well, I swung a little too hard... The racket flew out of my hands, and just happened to hit one of the two guys who were standing next to each other on the sidelines. It got him square in the stomach, and I think it knocked the wind out of him...

It was kinda funny, I didn't even register what happened, until I realized that I wasn't holding the racket anymore and I heard some kid scream in pain.

SOawesomeness

xD

In PE we were learning football, and we had to play "catch" with partners whom we randomly got paired up with. I got stuck with this guy who though he was better than me, and I threw it and it hit him right in the gonads. It was hecka funny.

>.>;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kazuko

That really sucks

Sometimes depending on the situation and the severity of the accident parents might sue but since he was a dumbass and was too close when you swung, when CLEARLY you need to step back during that time there wont be any problems I think

Gatsby

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on May 13, 2008, 10:18:10 PM
Ouch, sounds... painful. At least you're apologetic about it.

That reminds me of back when I was in fifth grade, our class was playing tennis racket baseball, and I wasn't very good at it. These two guys in the class kept making fun of me for it, so I got really determined to hit the ball really far when it was my turn to swing. Well, I swung a little too hard... The racket flew out of my hands, and just happened to hit one of the two guys who were standing next to each other on the sidelines. It got him square in the stomach, and I think it knocked the wind out of him...

It was kinda funny, I didn't even register what happened, until I realized that I wasn't holding the racket anymore and I heard some kid scream in pain.

I love tennis racket baseball!

blancoisma

Ouch, a club to the face, can't be pretty. Sorry to hear about that. But like others mentioned, it was a simple accident and you're not at fault or should feel guilty for doing it.

Man, reminds me of my sophomore year of high school. We were playing capture the flag, I was running really fast, and there were gopher holes everywhere. So what happens? My foot gets stuck in the hole as I am running and trying to avoid someone, and end up falling forward with all my weight on my foot. My ankle snaps, and crying galore! They all thought it was simply twisted. Which was a bunch of bull, I mean, since when does having your foot bent like a complete "J" give you the impression that it's simply "twisted"? So, I get carried to the office, they call my dad and have him pick me up to take me to the hospital. Why they couldn't call an ambulance is beyond me, they'd done it for others that same year who got injured.

But, in the end, I had to have two surgeries to fix it, and my parents threatened to sue, so they coughed up and paid allll my bills XD
"Well, I'm already going to hell for kissing you so I may as well take the scenic route."

-Aaron Davis, Latter Days