A friend had some questions

Started by Knightfire, May 14, 2008, 11:49:16 PM

Knightfire

This is the first year that he was not able to pre reg, so he was going to get his badge friday morning. He had two concerns though. First, can he pay with Debit? Second, is there actually as cap on the amount of attendees?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Knightfire on May 14, 2008, 11:49:16 PM
This is the first year that he was not able to pre reg, so he was going to get his badge friday morning. He had two concerns though. First, can he pay with Debit? Second, is there actually as cap on the amount of attendees?

From what I can remember, there hasn't been a cap in attendees so your friend shouldn't worry about it. As for paying with debit, e-mail [registration at fanime.com] about it. All I can remember was paying in cash or check.

M

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 15, 2008, 08:45:15 AM
Quote from: Knightfire on May 14, 2008, 11:49:16 PM

From what I can remember, there hasn't been a cap in attendees so your friend shouldn't worry about it. As for paying with debit, e-mail [registration at fanime.com] about it. All I can remember was paying in cash or check.
1) I don't think we allowed Debit, but I'm not certain. I know that Registration currently has card swipe machines and are taking Credit for sure. I'm sure someone from Reg will yell at me if I'm wrong.

2) There is a cap on the amount of attendees, but it can't be reached. If he really wants to know though, the last person we'll let into the convention is the person before him in line. :P

(j/k on the 2nd sentence of the 2nd one.)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

FanFicGuru

If his debit card has a visa or mastercard logo on it he can use it as credit to buy his badge.

Regarding attendance cap, Fanime has yet to reach that point. When it comes to that point they'll start realizing by the pre-registered numbers that a ton of people are going to be coming. Until then, you can relax.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sen

I do remember taking payments with a debit card before. We would have the attendee enter their PIN number on the keypad. I don't know if that is what we're doing this year though.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07