Say something the rest of us might not know about you

Started by questionette, May 19, 2008, 08:30:12 PM

Barnes

I sometimes wonder what the members of my high school anime club are up to these days.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

c2chaos

^ Likewise. I do see a few I hear from occasionally but for me, there are always the ones that I have to wonder if they ever turned out right.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Alyxiane

^ My high school's club is practically dead now that the remaining members have graduated. :P
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Barnes

I might stop by the San Jose Convention Center tomorrow morning for a job fair. It is from 10am-2pm. I only know about this because of a job posting in the San Jose Mercury News  :P
The two positions mentioned in the ad are: Facilities Houseperson and Lead

I wish I had a link for this.

EDIT: I found one. I wish I had mentioned this whole thing sooner:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/fbh/1816083563.html
Yay, Haruko.

c2chaos

Quote from: Alyxiane on July 07, 2010, 12:44:07 PM
^ My high school's club is practically dead now that the remaining members have graduated. :P
Yeah, that happens very often especially if you live in a small town like I do--and every other year, someone will try to restart it. However, part of the failure is usually the fault the teacher who is supposed to supervise the club but doesn't care enough about it, like mine did. If I become a teacher, I'll start one for the school that I'd be teaching at, if it doesn't already have one and I'll be there at every meeting.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

MyMidnightAffair

I will be cosplaying as Sebastian Michaelis but not for Fanime. :D

Alyxiane

Quote from: c2chaos on July 08, 2010, 11:26:37 AM
Quote from: Alyxiane on July 07, 2010, 12:44:07 PM
Yeah, that happens very often especially if you live in a small town like I do--and every other year, someone will try to restart it. However, part of the failure is usually the fault the teacher who is supposed to supervise the club but doesn't care enough about it, like mine did. If I become a teacher, I'll start one for the school that I'd be teaching at, if it doesn't already have one and I'll be there at every meeting.
I do live in a small city ... small enough where it doesn't even have a high school and therefore the students attend one from a neighboring city in a separate district. I'm sure the teacher supervisor cares about it's ultimately how much interest students have in the club. Although, there have been cases where in any club really, people would be there just for the sake of hanging out and not pay attention to the actual club (it happens with my group of "friends" when they go to club meetings with each other regardless if they're truly interested in the subject at hand).

Speaking of my "friends," only a small few of them at school I can consider really good friends instead of acquaintances. Two of them are fellow cosplayers. :P

c2chaos

^ Yes, that does happen a lot but what do you expect from a club about anime and manga? Everyone comes expecting it to be fun. Here's a subtle way to weed out the ones that are dragging down the club. You put each of them to work and the ones who are enjoying it are the ones you want to keep around, as for the ones who don't care, they will eventually leave once they realize it's not for them. I'm not saying that you should ride their ass or anything I'm saying that you should delegate assignments and volunteer the ones who are "resistant."

Somebody

@Aly Do you have officers in your club? In ours, we have a team of 5 of the most motivated kids to help the advisor run the club. Then again, we haven't always had dedicated/motivated kids on the team...and then again some of them still don't do much -.-'

Anyway, fact about me= I was obsessed with horses and horsey culture before I got into anime xP
I still love them, but I think I've finally evened out. xD
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

monikamilani

I think I started watching anime once I became ....7 years old LOL My brothers, and My reading capabilities.... uh, yeah.
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Alyxiane

^ I've been exposed to anime for as long as I can remember. Starting with the mix of Pokemon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, and a couple others. >w>;

Well, I'm not one for clubs in general anyway. Even if I do try to join a club, I end up feeling the odd one out as people already have their own friends to talk about during the meeting. I know I should just start a conversation with them, but I'm not a social person to begin with and I'm disliked by a lot of people I know (at least those in my year and a few a year after) so...

PinkHairSasuke

For some reason I've seen Eclipse at least 3 or 4 times with different groups of friends.

c2chaos

I've never broken a bone in my body, however, I've fracture both my arms and never went to a doctor about it.

Runewitt

i got to sleep in for the first time in a few weeks. all the way to 8:30am.. then i went to work.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

PinkHairSasuke

No matter when I go to sleep I always wake up sometime between 6 am and 6:59 am.

Barnes

Did I ever mention that I can't sleep on an empty tummy?
Yay, Haruko.

c2chaos

^Wow seriously!?

I tend to dream less when I'm hungry.

Barnes

Turns out I'm not the only person who has made this little observation:

San Jose Japan Town has more stuff for actual Japanese culture.

San Francisco Japan Town has more stuff for Japanese POP culture.

I kind of realized that just yesterday 0_o And someone else agreed with me.
Yay, Haruko.

Alyxiane

^ I only went to SJ's Japantown once a couple years ago to eat lunch with parents. (Sister was taking some sort of exam at SJSU that day ... no, she doesn't go there :P) ... I vaguely remember seeing some banners on the lamp posts about Fanime '08 I believe. And that was a little before I even knew about cons and cosplay. ;D

Also, I was just in San Jose to eat at Crawdaddy. Can't stop eating the shrimp and fries even when I'm super full right now. ;3

Somebody

Last night I set my phone to wake me up just past midnight so I could check on something. When I got up this morning, I realized that I hadn't woken up to take care of it, and looked for it on my nightstand. It wasn't there, nor was it anywhere around or under the table where it would have fallen because of vibrating. Panicked I jumped out of bed, to find that I was laying on top of it. o.O" I don't remember a thing.
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty