Glomp responsibly

Started by OniCourseMusha, May 20, 2008, 04:40:45 PM

IshokuOsero

Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 01:18:19 PM
As for getting glomped heres my theory: If you are a guy, and a girl glomps you - WTF ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? thats prolly the only time you'll get to talk to/touch a girl all year...

Not every guy is like that. I know plenty of guys who go to conventions that have girlfriends.
My boyfriend was wanting to go to ACen this year, but he has me.
I find that just as insulting as the whole BPA thing, if you want to start flinging dirt.

Mr. Wendell

It's all in jest, really.

I still have aspirations to make more of them.

Also, support the FHMGET HYPE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

M

I didn't make the video, but please don't look too much into the whole BPA thing. It's not meant to be a racist video in the least bit. If you are thinking that it's racist in the least bit, then you aren't watching the video for the right reason.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Reipen

Quote from: MPLe on May 21, 2008, 04:36:21 PM
I didn't make the video, but please don't look too much into the whole BPA thing. It's not meant to be a racist video in the least bit. If you are thinking that it's racist in the least bit, then you aren't watching the video for the right reason.

How is 3 black guys beating down a Philipino not racist?  Along with thier title "BPA"  which is an obvious acryonym.  What gives you the right to tell me what reason is correct for watching a video.  That is ignorance.

If you don't like my opinion that is fine, but back yours up with some factual or logical evidence.  Please do not try to abuse your mod "powers".

Thank you.

nf33

Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 05:23:17 PM

How is 3 black guys beating down a Philipino not racist?  Along with thier title "BPA"  which is an obvious acryonym.  What gives you the right to tell me what reason is correct for watching a video.  That is ignorance.

If you don't like my opinion that is fine, but back yours up with some factual or logical evidence.  Please do not try to abuse your mod "powers".

Thank you.

wow setal down. he was not youseing his mod pwoers in any way. but i agree that some pepole are looking way to much into the videos. the pepole who made the video made didnt make it to be racist but to be a funny warrning comarcal about glomping. if the creators didnt make it to be rasict and the actors didnt mind it then im woundering about thoses that clam it is rasict.

OniCourseMusha

Thank you.
Chill out man!  The mod has a point!  The whole purpose of the video is about glomping!  Everything else stays out!  You don't hear anyone else is complaining?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

rude32

Thank you.
Wheres Pyron when you need him?
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Reipen

to the 3 validity monkeys that jumped on the band wagon:

When a Mod goes out of thier way to infer that you are a racist or have malicious intent, I WILL FIND IT OFFENSIVE.

MPLe the way you phrased your sentence was MUCH more offensive than anything i've posted.  Please you 3 let the person talk for themselves instead of being little babies who hafta jump in.  If you can see my articles were about glomping in the beginning, and now YOU are taking it to another level by having an arsenal play "let's gang someone who just started talking"

For a place that is supposed to be "accepting of opinions", so far you guys are failing.

cappeh

uh...

you implied that he's going to abuse his mod powers way more than he implied that you're a racist. he didn't at all, actually, he just politely asked you to not take it the wrong way.

and really, i think you ARE looking too much into it.
hi i lav u

Reipen

Wow Kiddo, I asked the mod "Please do not abuse your powers" because most mods have power-trips ie... hence the voicing out of opinion against mine in this thread. (the job of a moderator is to not become entangled with any minor affair and to resolve disuptes or issues)  That is no where near as offensive as saying "If you think its racist, then you are a racist" as was pointed out by MPLe

But nice try....

Kaura117

Eris dammit, this isn't the Internet Drama board. Folks, take the drama to elsewheresville.

heeroyuy135

cappeh

Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 10:28:56 PM
Wow Kiddo, I asked the mod "Please do not abuse your powers" because most mods have power-trips ie... hence the voicing out of opinion against mine in this thread. (the job of a moderator is to not become entangled with any minor affair and to resolve disuptes or issues)  That is no where near as offensive as saying "If you think its racist, then you are a racist" as was pointed out by MPLe

But nice try....
"because most mods have power trips"? why do you ask him to back his statements up with evidence and logic and then you go and say this?

and what, because he's a mod he can't do anything but solve problems on the boards?

and no, he didn't imply that anyone's a racist at all. i don't know how you derive that out of "you aren't watching the video for the right reason." unless you have some other ideas floating around in your head

btw, lol @ trying to talk down to someone on the internet
hi i lav u

Reipen

Quote from: cappeh on May 21, 2008, 10:42:00 PM

"because most mods have power trips"? why do you ask him to back his statements up with evidence and logic and then you go and say this?

and what, because he's a mod he can't do anything but solve problems on the boards?

and no, he didn't imply that anyone's a racist at all. i don't know how you derive that out of "you aren't watching the video for the right reason." unless you have some other ideas floating around in your head

btw, lol @ trying to talk down to someone on the internet
[/quote]

First, Hypocrite, read your last line again.

Second, Why are you talking? Is MPLe that sad and defensless that you need to speak out in part of them?  And what gives you the right to be up on a high horse as crusader of the drama.  You seriously need to re-read my messages.

For the rest of you drama goers - i can keep this up forever.  If you open your eyes and READ MY POSTS you might actually understand instead of running your mouth before engaging your brain.

Thanks.

cappeh

Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 10:48:57 PMFirst, Hypocrite, read your last line again.

Second, Why are you talking? Is MPLe that sad and defensless that you need to speak out in part of them?  And what gives you the right to be up on a high horse as crusader of the drama.  You seriously need to re-read my messages.

For the rest of you drama goers - i can keep this up forever.  If you open your eyes and READ MY POSTS you might actually understand instead of running your mouth before engaging your brain.

Thanks.

?????????????????????????????

explain to me exactly how i'm being a hypocrite. i don't see it.

no, i'm not trying to substitute mple's responses and no, i'm not trying to be a drama crusader. mple's free to respond to you, i'm just wondering what exactly you're seeing in those previous posts by him that implies people are racist. you're the one posting all the flamebait. show me one instance where i've said anything insulting to you.

i don't get why you're flinging insults at anyone opposing your opinion instead of explaining WHY you feel that way. i mean, it's obviously not clear if most people aren't getting it.
hi i lav u

Kaura117

Drama.

Elsewheresville.

Please?

Reipen

Ok Drama Queen, i'm going to make this as Simple as possible for you

1. explain to me exactly how i'm being a hypocrite. i don't see it.
- as to your prior posts, "btw, lol @ trying to talk down to someone on the internet"
                                  "you're the one posting all the flamebait"

2. If you are thinking that it's racist in the least bit, then you aren't watching the video for the right reason.
  - This is saying to me that If i have an opinion and i thought the movie was a tad racist, I must be racist because I'm not watching it for the "right reason".  That is what that statement sounds like to me.

Finially
3.i don't get why you're flinging insults at anyone opposing your opinion instead of explaining WHY you feel that way.
   -Read my posts The first one says "its a TAD BIT RACIST" not saying its bad or anything.  And i was on topic, Now that you've ran your little mouth you've caused much more drama to spawn.

I'd like to thank all my loyal watchers, as i continue with our next episode of Fanime Board Drama....

Raydere

Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 01:18:19 PMAs for getting glomped heres my theory: If you are a guy, and a girl glomps you - WTF ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? thats prolly the only time you'll get to talk to/touch a girl all year...
But...but...fat ugly chicks!

But...but...girls with fan funk!
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Kaura117

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 21, 2008, 11:39:37 PM
Quote from: Reipen on May 21, 2008, 01:18:19 PMAs for getting glomped heres my theory: If you are a guy, and a girl glomps you - WTF ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? thats prolly the only time you'll get to talk to/touch a girl all year...
But...but...fat ugly chicks!

But...but...girls with fan funk!

And personal space! Not to mention privacy, preexisting health conditions, fragile costumes, significant others, ect, ect, ect bloody ect.

Really, it generally boils down to this: A. IF "Glomp Me" Sign > 0 THEN tackle. B. IF subject = friend THEN tackle. C. IF clause A or B is void THEN ask.

rubymoonIII

ughhh :-[  i thought this was the fanime forums not the drama forums
@Digitalberii <--Twitter