Yoshiyuki Sadamoto

Started by SukieNeko, May 22, 2008, 08:39:21 PM

SukieNeko

I hope this is the right place to ask, but I heard that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is coming to Fanime. I'm a huge Evangelion fan and wondered if there would be an autograph session for him? Do you need to get tickets like with AN Cafe? I'd love to know. Thanks so much ^_^

heeroyuy135

You probably want to attend one of the autograph sessions or the Meet GAINAX event that they're holding at the Faremont - check the Info Desk

jemz

Quote from: SukieNeko on May 22, 2008, 08:39:21 PM
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I heard that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is coming to Fanime. I'm a huge Evangelion fan and wondered if there would be an autograph session for him? Do you need to get tickets like with AN Cafe? I'd love to know. Thanks so much ^_^

I'm not sure about their autograph session. But the Meet and Greet for all of our non-GAINAX Guests of Honor will be held at the Fairmont and IS a ticketed event.

You can request for the ticket at the Box Office on the Hilton Side on the first floor of the Convention Center (near Registration) during the times stated on the MusicFest website. :D They are first come, first serve!
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

garbagetool

I hope you were able to attend this event. It was quite amazing as a ton of staff from Gainax showed up for the event. I was lucky enough to get Sadamoto sensei to autograph one of my evangelion reproduction cels even though he was not suppose to sign anything.

mDuo13

I wanted to meet him but I didn't figure out when he was there. Dang.

SukieNeko

I was very lucky and blessed that I ended up attending the event. I had been trying to get tickets all weekend, but didn't really feel like lining up with all the people who were tried to get An Cafe tickets. About twenty minutes before the event happened, I was at stage zero with my friend. This was right after the charity auction. I decided to hell with it and went up on stage and told the MC I would do pretty much anything for a ticket. The crazy thing was that there was a girl on the stage dressed up as Adiane the Elegant. She said she had a ticket but couldn't go. I then proceded to get on my knees and beg for the ticket ^^; No shame I know. She said she'd give it to me for a hug, and I gave her a big hug. And if you're reading this, thank you so very much! After I got the ticket I hauled ass over to the Fairmont. This was one of the best nights of my life. I ended up talking to Sadamoto a little bit in Japanese and ended up getting his autograph in my Eva manga even after we were at first told he wasn't allowed to sign anything. A part of me wishes I could have gotten a few more signatures or had come a little better prepared, but it was still amazing. Thank you fanime for inviting ganaix and holding the meet and greet.

Tl;Dr; I went to the meet and greet, got Sadamoto's signature, and it was amazing.