A little help from my friends.

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 26, 2008, 07:00:02 PM

Jun-Watarase

Hey guys. I'm not exactly how to go about this but... this Fanime as both the worst, the best and most heartfelt year, for Pyron and me. So many things had gone wrong, in both our work, being overworked, people showing up late or not at all, the panel crashing and burning, spraining my leg, stalkers, and a plethora of just terrible things. It's no one's fault. Bad things just wanted to happen. But from that, there was a lot of crying, a lot of bonding, and a lot of proof as to who cares.

But one thing that really matters is that the people around us were there to make it worth-while. I met up with a lot of you guys and I could honestly say that I owe my happiness to a good handful of you guys, and our friends. I never got to properly thank anyone before we left. My day was brightened on multiple occasions, daily. In the thousands of people, there are always those who are great, namely Makou, Kazuko, Loktera, Edendreams, Mizuki, Chun, and a bunch of others. Thanks. No matter how bad things get, it's always great to know that you have sweet friends.

And Pyron. I don't even know what to say to you, but I can honestly say that I love you more than ever. And even if you don't show it, you're possibly one of the nicest, most selfless person I know. Like Jason had said, while you're pretty harsh to almost everyone around you here, you're the hardest on yourself, and don't even realize how great of a person you are.

I regret nothing. Nothing can change how lucky one is when you have good friends, and a wonderful lover. Go ahead and use this thread to talk about your friends got your back. Because this post isn't just to my friends, but all the friends, lovers, and family there to help those in need, being there at the right time, and devoting their time to be a good friend.

Thanks, and I hope you all had a great Fanime.

P.S. Oh, I brought Pyron over to the forum panel so people could kick the sh*t out of him. Didn't happen. I's disappointed.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

short_storiesgl

QuoteP.S. Oh, I brought Pyron over to the forum panel so people could kick the sh*t out of him. Didn't happen. I's disappointed.

hahhah yeah
Dance Staff Second

Kaura117

Fanime's the first time I get to see some folks in a year, and it's always great to see 'em again. In debt to Shea yet again for providing crash space, and now in debt to Nick for providing an awesome, hilarious and more than a little crazy start to the festivities. You're a nutcase, Nick, and you had the hell better stay that way for next year! A lack of a working cell phone meant that my social life this Fanime was somewhat curtailed, but this was still a great Fanime this year, and specifically because of the larger group of people I was in contact with this time around.

edendreams

Omigosh wow. ^-^ I thought you were awesome Jun!! *attempts to make a heart* I was so happy to meet everyone and super excited to make some new friends.  This fanime was great especially with the people. I also want to say thank You for one of the best times I've had! Though next year.... i want to stay for some room parties XD

<3<3<3 JUN!! <3<3<3 *hearts for you!*

P.S. Pryon gave me some great laughs XD!!

a little art by me ^-^

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: edendreams on May 26, 2008, 09:50:28 PM
Omigosh wow. ^-^ I thought you were awesome Jun!! *attempts to make a heart* I was so happy to meet everyone and super excited to make some new friends.  This fanime was great especially with the people. I also want to say thank You for one of the best times I've had! Though next year.... i want to stay for some room parties XD

<3<3<3 JUN!! <3<3<3 *hearts for you!*

P.S. Pryon gave me some great laughs XD!!

Thanks! I had a fun time bumping into you and Loktera a shitload of times, too. Don't know how it kept happening like... every hour, but I'm glad it did. It was nice hanging out with you. Thanks for the present!

*Fails heartsign*

P.S. Your mom gave me some great laughs.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

I was Doctor House, in the M.D.

Yo.

Jun-Watarase

FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

the whole worse and good part of the con felt the same to me, my voice is gone and I have bruises from the retard fans at the an cafe concert, A girl tried to start shit with me there but I tottaly got her...Never EVER SOCK ME IN THE CHEST AND EXPECT TO GET AWAY WITH IT

But a plethora of friends were the best =) especially during a sad point. I miss my roomates X3 they were the best, dancing with the spartans at the dance (one of them was cute) and just dorking arround :3 great times

TIEM FOR SHOUTOUTS KAY

Jun: You are a sweet heart *heart* I loved rooming with you, mikey and everyonelse :3 Im glad we got to hang out for a bit here and there and thanks for the cheer up. D: we still havent hottubbed it uuup! cause...everyday were hustlin'! <333 I miss you and Im gonna cherish our togetherness for a long time

Mikey: Man your a pretty cool guy, sure you were a bit weird at first but I dont see why everyone here dosent like you. Oh and Nice sack btw :x we should hang if we get the chance with Jun you know how we do!

Makou: =) I liked hanging with you it was pretty nice and we sold our stuff like ganstas! We should have kicked it more after masq

Suspi: Derrrp you silly bear, it was fun dancing with you but yeah Im gonna leave it there

Loktera: My birthday present is that gun right? O: well anyway it was nice seeing you again X3

Eden: you are by far the sweetest person, girl we should go and eat sometime :3

Courtney: O: <3 I love love you and Miss you tooo! it was fun hanging out with you and looking at fan art XD haha we were lucky to see an cafe while they were walking

Jaz: I miss you =( especially now since you are probally in texas I cried because Im not gonna see you for a while, Have fun being an air force ho.
I'll have the eyeliner ready when you come back

Karissa: were so gangster :d Im glad you came you and I are gonna be there forever :d kay

Chun: Man it was cool hanging with you, its okay that you beat me at melty blood XD dont feel bad kay? *hug*

Richie: Im glad to see you ^^ say hi to your little sister for me and we should have hung out moooar

Tsubasa: sup homes glad we talked for a bit

J: YOUR HEAD BETTER HAVE NO HAIR D: it was like weird seeing you with hair

Spirit: <3 we need to hang out seriously D:

Jyun: your getting 9000 calories by eating that cake but glad we talked it up

Jimmy/anomoly: Oh jesus disco does suck but it was fun hanging out with you, now go make me some dinner

JT: You feg you suck at singing very softly, it was NEO for crying outloud. but yeah you were hella cool =)

=) thats my shoutouts, if I forget anyone Im sorry but I miss you all, see you in 09 or sooner!

PyronIkari

Kazuko: Bring us some Sonics and come out here.

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 26, 2008, 11:37:59 PM
Kazuko: Bring us some Sonics and come out here.
XD haha more like you come here! unless you want reheated sonics

PyronIkari

Quote from: Kazuko on May 26, 2008, 11:47:54 PM

Reheated Sonics is still good. I wonder if you noticed on Sun. night.

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 26, 2008, 11:58:53 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on May 26, 2008, 11:47:54 PM

Reheated Sonics is still good. I wonder if you noticed on Sun. night.
I dont think i did, was like zombie tired XD

LastElixir

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 26, 2008, 07:00:02 PM
P.S. Oh, I brought Pyron over to the forum panel so people could kick the sh*t out of him. Didn't happen. I's disappointed.

lol

j

JohnnyAR

Oh yeah I was there too! I reconized Pyron when I heard his name and when I saw those pics of him in the intro of the Damn You Internets panel, I saw some of those pics in the non-sysadmin request thread. I had to stay there a short while though, so I didn't see what became of it.

Steve.Young

Hey guys. I'm not exactly how to go about this but... this Fanime as both the worst, the best and most heartfelt year, for Pyron and me. So many things had gone wrong, in both our work, being overworked, people showing up late or not at all, the panel crashing and burning, spraining my leg, stalkers, and a plethora of just terrible things. It's no one's fault. Bad things just wanted to happen. But from that, there was a lot of crying, a lot of bonding, and a lot of proof as to who cares.

But one thing that really matters is that the people around us were there to make it worth-while. I met up with a lot of you guys and I could honestly say that I owe my happiness to a good handful of you guys, and our friends. I never got to properly thank anyone before we left. My day was brightened on multiple occasions, daily. In the thousands of people, there are always those who are great, namely Makou, Kazuko, Loktera, Edendreams, Mizuki, Chun, and a bunch of others. Thanks. No matter how bad things get, it's always great to know that you have sweet friends.

And Pyron. I don't even know what to say to you, but I can honestly say that I love you more than ever. And even if you don't show it, you're possibly one of the nicest, most selfless person I know. Like Jason had said, while you're pretty harsh to almost everyone around you here, you're the hardest on yourself, and don't even realize how great of a person you are.

I regret nothing. Nothing can change how lucky one is when you have good friends, and a wonderful lover. Go ahead and use this thread to talk about your friends got your back. Because this post isn't just to my friends, but all the friends, lovers, and family there to help those in need, being there at the right time, and devoting their time to be a good friend.

Thanks, and I hope you all had a great Fanime.

I heard this panel crashed and burned cause you couldn't get internet. The SOS room was filled with laughter at the irony of the "Damn you internets" and not being able to get internet.

I would have gone over to the Forum gathering to kick the crap outta him just for shits and giggles but...yea I was busy. I was the asian guy in the black suit working guard duty for An Cafe as well as other events. You may have seen me? Yea, busy as hell this year and I missed you at the Maid Cafe as well. (were you there Sunday? Cause that was the day I did maid cafe guard duty).
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 27, 2008, 08:31:54 PM
I heard this panel crashed and burned cause you couldn't get internet. The SOS room was filled with laughter at the irony of the "Damn you internets" and not being able to get internet.

I would have gone over to the Forum gathering to kick the crap outta him just for shits and giggles but...yea I was busy. I was the asian guy in the black suit working guard duty for An Cafe as well as other events. You may have seen me? Yea, busy as hell this year and I missed you at the Maid Cafe as well. (were you there Sunday? Cause that was the day I did maid cafe guard duty).

Yeah... the panel was complete shit. But fortunately, so many people were understanding and have our back. People we don't even know protested against the cancellation, and even considered helping us to find a new room. A lot of sweet, heartfelt comments and unexpected sympathy from Anon encourages us to try harder for next year.

The maid cafe went really well, but unfortunately, I wasn't there on Sunday. It's too bad you weren't at the forum panel, too. It would've been interesting to meet you, and at least one person would be willing to give a show, amirite. This year was overwhelmingly busy. I hope it didn't pile up for you like it did for me and a ton of other people I know are overworked as well. But despite all the shitty happenings, it turned out to be one of the best years ever.

FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

XpHoBiaX

Yeah I finally got to meet up with old friends I hadn't seen in 6-7 years. It was wonderful to see them again.

I was there protesting!!!! That sucked that Damn You Interenets was cancelled!

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Makou

I should really take my time for this post.
Let me begin by saying that this was the best Fanime ever for me. The people, that is you, the board members, made my experience so memorable, and when I really needed it, too. I'll address individuals because it is they who made Fanime for me.

Jun: You were never boring. Nope. Not once during the con did I ever find your company uninteresting. Fact is, without you, I would have wandered most of the con on solo, so thank you. Really, honestly, truly thank you. You made me feel like I belonged. I don't understand why, but I am so proud to have you and Mikey as my friends. Let's hang again, Jun. You've got first row to my graduation if you can make it. I promise.

Mikey: While it is true that we didn't really get to hang (much) during the con, meeting you was an experience in itself. I wish I could have conveyed my thanks a little more, but let me make up for that now. Whether you know it or not, you helped me get closer to my brother, and although it might have seemed to be a rather small thing you did, providing info about his gaming life, that knowledge helped bridge a gap that was as deep as it was wide. I love my brother, but like I, he also has trouble bonding with family. So... thank you, Mikey. Thanks for everything.

Lisu: Man, oh, man! Where do I even begin? The little things you did really meant something. Simply saying hi meant inviting me to meet others. I was meeting people for the first time, most of whom were huge factors in my life (Claudia would be an example), but you took away my nervousness; you were so welcoming and... just there, dude. You got me into the Touhou gathering. You got me in the group. You got me a seat in Masquerade when I was about to get the boot. Lisu, I'll be honest. I had a negative impression of you on the boards despite our previous encounters, but if there's anything I can take away from Fanime, it's this: it's good to have and make friends. I don't what I mean to you, Lisu, but to me, you're my friend. Thanks, man.

Kazuko: Kazuko, my original G. Let's begin with me saying this: Swap Meet was like selling coke. Dangerous.  Profitable. Illegal. Yeah, that summed up the Swap Meet pretty well, if you ask me. You know why, but shhhhhhhhhhhh! That's our own little story~ My apologies for not hanging out more with you. Things came up. Time ran out. But, I know I'll see you more in the future. It was fun, Kazuko. Let's trying something funky next year, okay? TEWI, TEWI, TEWI, TEWI, TEWI!

Spinny and Friends: I doubt you're reading this, but thank you all. I didn't really understand at first, but your invitation to join you in spontaneous dancing really made Sunday great. It will be a story to remember and tell, guys. Thanks for the Caramelldansen.

Tsubasa

gg's to my homeys.  You know who you are. :3

And it was nice seeing people, even if I didn't get much time to talk.  Ex. Makou & Kazuko.  And it was a shame I didn't run into some too.  Namely Jun.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR