Persona 4

Started by LordKefka, January 08, 2009, 09:52:18 PM

LordKefka

Got this game a few days ago. I told myself I would never play any SMT games again after the bs I had to deal with with Persona 3.

But anyways so far after 6 hours of game play, I've died about 10-15 times already on random stupid things. For some reason, I'm attracted to difficult stuff now that I just finished Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana...

And yeah, Nocturne is harder blah blah... I know. That's why I never finished it =P
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Nanashi

BS with P3? Elaborate on this, i'm intrigued.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

LordKefka

Quote from: Nanashi on January 09, 2009, 09:21:12 AM

I don't remember exactly, but this one boss on a floor (used Megidola?). Forgot. I remember I threw my controller across the room once.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Nanashi

Quote from: LordKefka on January 09, 2009, 02:11:17 PM

I don't remember exactly, but this one boss on a floor (used Megidola?). Forgot. I remember I threw my controller across the room once.

Lol, yeah, that spell was (is) a bitch.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

LordKefka

Quote from: Nanashi on January 09, 2009, 06:46:03 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on January 09, 2009, 02:11:17 PM

Lol, yeah, that spell was (is) a bitch.

I just wish that the last boss was epic as say, Kefka from FFIII =D

It also felt like Nyx was some sort of deux ex machina like Necron was from FFIX..-_-;
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jerry

So is this game worth buying? (persona 4) ?

or is it better just to oogle any cosplayers from this game? :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

LordKefka

Quote from: Jerry on January 10, 2009, 06:08:10 AM
So is this game worth buying? (persona 4) ?

or is it better just to oogle any cosplayers from this game? :P

Ya go for it. I think it's a good game. It's just very hard and not like your tradiaitonal RPG where you can play the whole game without dying once. The difficulty is the real attracting feature of this game =P
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Kaura117

After P3:FES, I was already edging towards Atlus fanboyism. P4's pretty much had me sucking their c- wait, what rating's this forum again?

Ah, anyhow. Damn good game. If you're dying to the occasional Megido or Megidola, either you haven't leveled enough (and like with P3, there's very little grinding involved, so maybe you ought to slow down a bit), or your armor sucks, or you're like me, and started out with Expert mode before you realized exactly what you were getting into.

Once you get into the groove, though, the gameplay's a significant upgrade on P3 (in that you actually get to control your damned party). Animation-wise, no change. Story-wise, on par with its predecessor, and not at all in a bad way.

The biggest improvement, though, is the voice acting. Though a few characters were relatively on the weak side, the ensemble as a whole has proven surprisingly strong. Most importantly, not a single one of them were anywhere near as ear-gratingly bad as Fuuka from Persona 3.

LordKefka

Quote from: Kaura117 on January 14, 2009, 11:47:04 PM
After P3:FES, I was already edging towards Atlus fanboyism. P4's pretty much had me sucking their c- wait, what rating's this forum again?

Ah, anyhow. Damn good game. If you're dying to the occasional Megido or Megidola, either you haven't leveled enough (and like with P3, there's very little grinding involved, so maybe you ought to slow down a bit), or your armor sucks, or you're like me, and started out with Expert mode before you realized exactly what you were getting into.

Once you get into the groove, though, the gameplay's a significant upgrade on P3 (in that you actually get to control your damned party). Animation-wise, no change. Story-wise, on par with its predecessor, and not at all in a bad way.

The biggest improvement, though, is the voice acting. Though a few characters were relatively on the weak side, the ensemble as a whole has proven surprisingly strong. Most importantly, not a single one of them were anywhere near as ear-gratingly bad as Fuuka from Persona 3.

I was just a tad under-leveled back when I was fighting those chairs or whatever. Never bothered to pick up FES either. I also didn't like the whole P3 story because, well, the ending was like some cheesy cliche anime ending...

With voice acting, I'm still annoyed with it. Some of the lines are so cheesy to the point I just skip it half-way through when listening to it. Not AS annoying as P3 VAing, but still got me. I wish they would let me choose the jp VA. I mean Atelier Iris, Ar Tonelico etc etc has the option for you to do so.. then again, it's NIS =P

Some improvements were good like, yeah, being able to control what your idiot AIs do by themselves. But they went a little crappy with the whole card shuffling at the end (not to mention the stupid 'which two cards are the same'). I honestly don't need to play a game ( I mean a crappy one like this...) in a game. I mean, I ENJOYED playing slots in Golden Sun winning awesome prizes. It's almost like having those blank cards flipped being a dreadful thing..-_-;

Tbh, I'm about 25 hours into P4 so I can't say for sure where the story is going. So far, it's not bad and fairly linear (which is good when you already have a crap load of other things to do let along trying to remember some sort of Code Geass R2 'story line'..=_=;).

Anyways, enjoyable so far. Not as hard as I expected. Glad I played this over Valkyria Chronicles, which I will also play when this is done.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor