You think that the protesters will return next year. (2010)

Started by G.I.R, May 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM

SimaSeph

Well, I don't mind the protesters. This year I found them exceedingly easy to ignore. I was outside for a fair amount of time on that day and they didn't get too loud, they let me pass when I wanted to get by them, and they didn't lash out or strike me, so I really couldn't care less about them. I have to admit, I found their signs to be rather entertaining, but otherwise they're like a big semi-solid roadblock. A minor hinderance that otherwise serves no purpose.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

Glitch

What would be funny if somebody stood out there with a HUGE sign that dwarfed the one the protesters carry. So all attention would be on the person joking around. I think would truly annoy those attention whores.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Glitch on October 27, 2009, 01:12:02 PM
What would be funny if somebody stood out there with a HUGE sign that dwarfed the one the protesters carry. So all attention would be on the person joking around. I think would truly annoy those attention whores.
I'd do it if I felt I had the time.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

cappeh

wait, there were protesters? i didn't even see them. i wish i had XD
hi i lav u

jacktchance

Stranger yet, the protesters troll the Shark Tank also.  I remember seeing them at a conference I went to in 2006.  They protested a Christian conference.    ::)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: jacktchance on November 04, 2009, 02:04:18 AM
Stranger yet, the protesters troll the Shark Tank also.  I remember seeing them at a conference I went to in 2006.  They protested a Christian conference.    ::)
They do?
I work right across from the HP Pavilion.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

d man n

ok well after reading this i have decided something. That is that i will (not for a long time i have better things to do but still) go over to one of them and calmbly ( i am a verry hard person to annoy ect.) just start questioning everything they spit at me
Will there be LEMON!!!!???????

ewu

so after reading the numerous posts that indicate so, not a single one of them impressed upon you that FanimeCon would prefer that you leave them alone?

Quote from: d man n on November 04, 2009, 07:55:09 PM
ok well after reading this i have decided something. That is that i will (not for a long time i have better things to do but still) go over to one of them and calmbly ( i am a verry hard person to annoy ect.) just start questioning everything they spit at me
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kuromi_Kat

Well considering they have been there the last what, three years that I have been there. I guess they will be back, UNLESS they finally have given up. HA that will be the day lol.
Oh man, last year (2009) one of my friends REALLY got into it with one, I think the protester was running out of ideas on what to say. SHe was SO at a loss of words. Whilst my friend was still going strong using the protesters facts against her. Ah a battle of wits.

One of them made this little old crossplayer cry here though T^T.

BUT You can't blame them for spreading their beliefs. That is what they believe in (WHAT EVER they are protesting -.- homosexuality, anime, or whatev) and they are sticking to it. Hey you know what, no matter how mean and vicious some of them can be, I respect them lol. It takes a LOT for that kinda commitment lol

deonchan

Quote from: ewu on November 05, 2009, 04:45:35 AM
so after reading the numerous posts that indicate so, not a single one of them impressed upon you that FanimeCon would prefer that you leave them alone?

This.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

d man n

well your right ill give it to them they are verry dedicated
Will there be LEMON!!!!???????

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: d man n on November 05, 2009, 05:00:06 PM

i know right? hahahahaha. I mean even if you hate them and they make you cry at least give them props, I expect thats what they want lol.

WHAT exactly are they protesting? O.O does anyone know? I mean is it anime in general, is it that they have some odd assumption that there is lewd conduct going on in there? (I guess there is some. Fanime is pretty tight about that stuff though).
I mean its not like that bad, there is no like lustful or nasty debauchery there except yaoi and hentai nights hahahahaha.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ewu on November 05, 2009, 04:45:35 AM

Quote from: d man n on November 04, 2009, 07:55:09 PM
Lulz.
As long as he is entertaining I am fine with him doing it, though Con Staff will probably not like it.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 05, 2009, 09:20:21 PM

i know right? hahahahaha. I mean even if you hate them and they make you cry at least give them props, I expect thats what they want lol.

WHAT exactly are they protesting? O.O does anyone know? I mean is it anime in general, is it that they have some odd assumption that there is lewd conduct going on in there? (I guess there is some. Fanime is pretty tight about that stuff though).
I mean its not like that bad, there is no like lustful or nasty debauchery there except yaoi and hentai nights hahahahaha.

They actually just go and protest at any Convention or otherwise Large gathering of people. I'm actually quite sure that it not so much as what they are at doing the protesting, but rather just protesting for the sake to be heard. I can't speak for them but I can imagine they want to be heard by the public in general and the best way to get heard is at a large gathering of people. Weather they think Anime is bad or not is really probably a minor thing in there book. After all, almost everybody is a sinner in there books I can imagine. =3

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 06, 2009, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 05, 2009, 09:20:21 PM

They actually just go and protest at any Convention or otherwise Large gathering of people. I'm actually quite sure that it not so much as what they are at doing the protesting, but rather just protesting for the sake to be heard. I can't speak for them but I can imagine they want to be heard by the public in general and the best way to get heard is at a large gathering of people. Weather they think Anime is bad or not is really probably a minor thing in there book. After all, almost everybody is a sinner in there books I can imagine. =3

hey, I'm a sinner, and I am proud of it. lol I am damned I guess you could say. From the words of Billy Joel "I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints; the sinners are much more fun" Right?

I can guarantee you that none of them are perfect saints either lol. I think it's fun to torture them. I mean in a non violent sort of way of course. I have always wondered is the guy who cosplays Jesus one of them? Or does he just mess with them? I never go that XP lol

Runewitt

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 06, 2009, 07:14:32 PM
I can guarantee you that none of them are perfect saints either lol. I think it's fun to torture them. I mean in a non violent sort of way of course. I have always wondered is the guy who cosplays Jesus one of them? Or does he just mess with them? I never go that XP lol

The Jesus is actually "The official Jesus of Fanime" he is not associated with the protestors.
he loveth thine hentai.
he loveth the little Mudkips.
honor thy Haruhi and thy Kira.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: Runewitt on November 06, 2009, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 06, 2009, 07:14:32 PM

The Jesus is actually "The official Jesus of Fanime" he is not associated with the protestors.
he loveth thine hentai.
he loveth the little Mudkips.
honor thy Haruhi and thy Kira.

YAY JESUS!
HE LOVETH THINE HENTAI!
GO HENTAI!
:D
I DONT WATCH HENTAI!
except Viper GTS hahaha which I have seen once XD

Liquid

If you ask him about his "people" protesting Fanime, he'll respond by stating "those are not my people."
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: Liquid on November 09, 2009, 01:16:11 PM
If you ask him about his "people" protesting Fanime, he'll respond by stating "those are not my people."

why would they be "his people?" he is nothing like them. He is REALLY cool and a nice guy in general. XD

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 09, 2009, 06:08:43 PM
Quote from: Liquid on November 09, 2009, 01:16:11 PM

why would they be "his people?" he is nothing like them. He is REALLY cool and a nice guy in general. XD

And he gives HUGS!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.