Disney cosplay gathering?

Started by demetria656, February 11, 2011, 07:27:30 AM

demetria656

I'm just wondering if there is a Disney cosplay gathering at Fanime.
I'm going to try and do Kida from Atlantis this year.

But if there is one, could someone tell me more information about it, I'm a bit lazy to go through all 57 pages. .w."
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

ispyangie

I don't think there is one yet. D': I've been looking for it too, I've only found threads from the last few years.
Tweet @ispyangie

BSaphire

Quote from: demetria656 on February 11, 2011, 07:27:30 AM
I'm just wondering if there is a Disney cosplay gathering at Fanime.
I'm going to try and do Kida from Atlantis this year.

But if there is one, could someone tell me more information about it, I'm a bit lazy to go through all 57 pages. .w."
I have done a lot of work to centralize cosplayer gatherings and cosplayer events info so that no one will have to dig through 57 pages of threads, especially to find out a particular gathering hasn't happened in 4 years :) So the first step to find a gathering is to look on the "Pinned" thread that says "2011 Gatherings & Event Thread URLs to see if it is listed. That is located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12406.0.html

So you look and there isn't one, the next place you would like to look is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14752.0.html in the 2011 Looking for Cosplayers/Who's Going? and Who As? thread where you can find out what people are looking to cosplay for the year, find people who want to join in with others from a particular title, and find people looking for cospeeps for skits. This thread currently sits at 7 pages.

So there are a few people who want to do a similar gathering and you decided you willing to organize it, well the next stop is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12405.0.html
This is the Fanime 2011 Official Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List. If it is on the final list here then it will be seen at Fanime Con. There are 4 posts that will guide you through what ever you need to do/know.
Post # 1 = Official Fanime Cosplayer Gatherings/Events List
Post # 2 = Q&A about this thread
Post # 3 = How to set up your thread
Post # 4 = Gatherings/Event Time Submissions Request & Confirmation information

As you go through the threads you will notice that every thread has their primary gathering/event info on the first post. The organizers update the info on their first posts so you can find out the info quickly. So basically that is it. Even if you decided to dig 20 thread pages deep in this section of the forums you will find that old and inactive threads are locked which prevents people from posting and bringing it up onto the first page of threads. In other words if it is active and relevent to the current upcoming Fanime Con then it will be on the first 4 or 5 pages of threads (it is that many because Fanime Con has so many gathering/event possibilities and last year alone we had 75 gatherings and 13 cosplayer events during Fanime Con 2010.)

You can find the info pretty quick if you know where to look for what you want.

Locking this thread. Love to the COSPLAYERS!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC