Deposits

Started by kookiekween99, January 22, 2013, 10:22:29 PM

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Freight on April 27, 2013, 08:28:41 AM
The Hilton deposit is not $50 per night.  It's the cost of one night's stay, plus tax, so if you have quad occupancy, it's $122.00 plus tax, but that's not per night, that deposit is for your stay.

Did they change the deposit amount recently?  Because up until last year their deposit WAS $50 per night of your stay.  I might have to call them, since that amount is very different from how it was last year.

Freight

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 27, 2013, 12:31:38 PM
The Hilton deposit is not $50 per night.  It's the cost of one night's stay, plus tax, so if you have quad occupancy, it's $122.00 plus tax, but that's not per night, that deposit is for your stay.

Did they change the deposit amount recently?  Because up until last year their deposit WAS $50 per night of your stay.  I might have to call them, since that amount is very different from how it was last year.

Actually, I had NO deposit at the Hilton last year.  The fact that they have a deposit at all this year is technically new.

I called them directly after my waitlists were filled and I was moved to the Hilton.  The lady in the Group Events and Sales department was very specific when we spoke yesterday.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Freight on April 27, 2013, 02:33:57 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 27, 2013, 12:31:38 PM

Actually, I had NO deposit at the Hilton last year.  The fact that they have a deposit at all this year is technically new.

I called them directly after my waitlists were filled and I was moved to the Hilton.  The lady in the Group Events and Sales department was very specific when we spoke yesterday.

Really now?  Okay, well then they did change it.  All I know is last year the room was on my debit card, and they DID take a deposit for $50 per night.  Maybe you used a credit card or cash, and that's why they didn't take a deposit since their policy is different with those methods of payment.  With those they don't take the deposit unless the room has issues at checkout.

Freight

Yeah, I put down a credit card.  My understanding at the front desk was that there was no hold, they just needed it for incidentals and a backup payment.  I've stopped using debit cards because of hold rules and the varying times of getting the holds taken off.  I either use a credit card or cash since 2002.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Freight on April 27, 2013, 08:40:42 PM
Yeah, I put down a credit card.  My understanding at the front desk was that there was no hold, they just needed it for incidentals and a backup payment.  I've stopped using debit cards because of hold rules and the varying times of getting the holds taken off.  I either use a credit card or cash since 2002.

Makes complete sense.  I had to use debit from 2008-2012 because I didn't have a credit card yet, and I was always the only one available to book the room.  This year though, despite the fact that I do have credit now, I was busy working when housing went live, so my roommate had to do it their their debit card since they don't have credit yet.  I've offered to call housing and put it on my card instead so they don't get hit with the upfront deposit hold, but they don't mind it so oh well.

Vale

Pretty sure DoubleTree's deposit is one night's room & tax as well.