Dance Dance Fanime! 2006 DDR Tourney

Started by Spiritsnare, June 13, 2005, 08:30:43 PM

OniCourseMusha

I'm gonna miss Captain Jack. I love his songs.

Let's have a Captain Jack Memorial thingy at the tourney!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Spiritsnare

We won't necessarily have a memorial, but I'm thinking more of a dedication, at the beginning of the tournament -- "This one's for you, Captain."
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

That's an awesome idea! *salutes* We'll miss you, and Only You, Captian Jack.

winry_elric

oh, right, I have a question. Can you enter the Cosplay Freestyle AND the PA? Just curious, thanks!

Emerge

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"We won't necessarily have a memorial, but I'm thinking more of a dedication, at the beginning of the tournament -- "This one's for you, Captain."
Yeah! :lol:
Anyways I might make a sign to remember Captain Jack.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Spiritsnare

Update

Currently, if we do get the tournaments set up, the only one guaranteed is Perfect Attack (16 opponents, one song each). Freestyle's up in the air, and cosplay events are very unlikely to happen.

This is due to the fact that whenever we run a tournament, Golfland takes a hit on their profits, as these are their machines. Cosplay DDR has never been tried before. So, if we can prove to the higher ups that this can and will -- once again, will -- be successful, it can and will be done. That, or we merge the events together (PA includes cosplay stuff, for example), but it doesn't feel as special that way.

We are also experiencing quite a number of changes to the rules to eliminate all loopholes, and those will be posted up shortly once I finish talking this over with Milty-san.

edit If this does end up being official, I think we've all decided that it'll be dedicated to Captain Jack. ;)
epic progressive

vox

serajwl

If it's dedicated to Captain Jack, i'm down  :D

sign me up!

Spiritsnare

Oh, and just in case: No, we're not dedicated to CJ in the way that we're doing an all-CJ-songs tourney. It's just dedicated to Captain Jack in the way that authors have dedications to whoever they feel like in their works.

Just in case. :3 All songs are playable, selectable, whatever.
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

Hey, i got an idea. I was wondering if we could have on-line sign-ups, instead of a first come first serve at the Con 'cause that could get messy....

Spiritsnare

I was thinking about that.

However, how many people from the con actually come over here? Frequently, that is? I prefer first-come-at-con signup because it's open to anyone and everyone as opposed to hey-let's-limit-this-a-bit-to-the-people-who-really-really-care.
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Oh, another question (I'm full of 'em): You have listed: PA, Freestyle, and cosplay PA and freestyle. Why don't we have an Improv?

r_kenshin

Ah, definitely sign me up for Heavy PA.  My username is actually CaptainPlanet - I just don't want to change my forum username so I can show off how long I've been here :D.

Also, I THINK I'm cosplaying....if so, sign me up for Cosplay PA too please.
Evil Thrives.
The Corrupted walk the streets without hesitation,
Without Pride or Compassion,
And What of Value?

That is to Say: AKU, SOKU, ZAN.

winry_elric

we dont know if its offical yet. We still need to pitch it. oh, someone asked about a "Fanime Freestyle Tag Team"

Spiritsnare

That 'tag team' routine may or may not be allowed in the actual Freestyle tourney. We'll see...

Once again, cosplay PA/Freestyle is very unlikely to make it, as it has failed at a past con. We'd literally get one person joining in the end -- what's the fun in that?
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

yeah, but there are a lot of people phsyed up for this. We still have time, though

DJ Saturn

I really hope freestyle doesn't get cut out...

Also: Any idea what mix(es) this'll be on?
Fly so High...

I'm gonna touch the sky..

Spiritsnare

Most likely Extreme. If Extreme is absent, we'll use whatever there is (most likely 4thMIX PLUS).
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

we should post up the songs that'll be on the machines so people know what to expect...

DJ Saturn

Ok, here are the probably incomplete song lists for 4th plus and 8th mix... I'm probably missing a bunch and I probably repeated like crazy but at least if gives everyone an idea, right? =\

Edit: Text file, yo.

http://www.snared.net/ddrproject/songlist.txt
Fly so High...

I'm gonna touch the sky..