Dance Dance Fanime! 2006 DDR Tourney

Started by Spiritsnare, June 13, 2005, 08:30:43 PM

winry_elric

:shock:  wow. Okay, I think we should have the 4th mix, becasue some people are saying how Extreme is getting a little old....

OniCourseMusha

True but I generally prefer Extreme cuz there are other People wants to PA songs and rely on Speed mods. I just want to play oni courses. Unless u want to use ITG or ITG2.............. which I sort of not approve.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "winry_elric":shock:  wow. Okay, I think we should have the 4th mix, becasue some people are saying how Extreme is getting a little old....

4th plus isn't so good for freestyle... =|

I option for 7th mix (Max 2) If there's any possible way we can get ahold of it. Assuming people are just that sick of Extreme.

And ITG is the devil.
Fly so High...

I'm gonna touch the sky..

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "DJ Saturn"
4th plus isn't so good for freestyle... =|

On the contrary, it still does have a variety of songs that Extreme lacks (Lucyfer's Sky High, for example, as opposed to DJ Miko's Sky High -- or many E-Rotic songs.)

I option for 7th mix (Max 2) If there's any possible way we can get ahold of it. Assuming people are just that sick of Extreme.

Funny that you say

And ITG is the devil.

because ITG was created in response to Konami not releasing any new arcade releases in past years. However, this is a DDR tournament, and that's what we're going to stick to. The machine will most likely be an Extreme; MAX2 is very hard to come across these days, as they've been replaced by Extremes or ITG/2s.

Oh, and BTW, please edit your songlist post to redirect to this text file.
epic progressive

vox

winry_elric

Okay, so the best we can do is Extreme. I don't think so, but is there any way to get songs from 7th mix to Ex? like with a memory card or something?

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"On the contrary, it still does have a variety of songs that Extreme lacks (Lucyfer's Sky High, for example, as opposed to DJ Miko's Sky High -- or many E-Rotic songs.)

I went over the songlist again and I see your point. I think the songs I was thinking of were the ones exclusive to/debuting in 4th Plus.

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Funny that you say [...] because ITG was created in response to Konami not releasing any new arcade releases in past years. However, this is a DDR tournament, and that's what we're going to stick to. The machine will most likely be an Extreme; MAX2 is very hard to come across these days, as they've been replaced by Extremes or ITG/2s.

I really don't have anything against ITG. I think the stepcharts are great. the songs are just too.... Eh. I don't know what the word I'm looking for is.

It's that the songs from DDR were really crazy and the more you listened to them to more you liked them.

ITG songs are just... songs. It's like they don't have any heart. They're harder to freestyle because of it in my opinion.

But, I'm going to stop myself. I don't want to go on about this nor do I want to derail this topic.

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Oh, and BTW, please edit your songlist post to redirect to this text file.

Done and done. Thanks.  :D
Fly so High...

winry_elric

okay, um, so basically, it's only us 4 left who are really trying to get this thing up and running. Should we try a petition thing? Y'know, have people sign who would be ionterested in seeing this happen? Just another idea ^^

lying is an art form

I'm interested! Oh and how about the Stepmania rig that someone was trying to set up? I remember something about it on one of the Fanime AIM chats.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"I'm interested! Oh and how about the Stepmania rig that someone was trying to set up? I remember something about it on one of the Fanime AIM chats.
I think your referring to Richie's rig, not to put down anyone's work but I dont think that's a suitable substitute for a machine concerning tournament play unless you were referring to it generally in which I myself am looking forward to checking it out.

Hey craig, we gonna school these fools or what? :wink:

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "winry_elric"okay, um, so basically, it's only us 4 left who are really trying to get this thing up and running. Should we try a petition thing? Y'know, have people sign who would be ionterested in seeing this happen? Just another idea ^^

You forgot someone who I'm working with behind the scenes, but let's not go there.

Don't worry -- there are going to be people who will sign up at the con itself. Not everyone who goes to the con goes to the forums.

Oh, and it's pretty likely this is going to happen. However, it's also pretty likely that it's going to be PA only.

If you want to petition for the cosplay events, don't ask me, PM MPLe. He's who I'm working with, so if you nudge him quite a bit, he might reconsider. But one or two messages saying "PLEASE LET US DO ______" aren't going to work; we need ample proof that the event you request would be feasible.
epic progressive

vox

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"However, it's also pretty likely that it's going to be PA only.

Hah. Count me out.
Fly so High...

Khaistyle

I have a good feeling about this one.... :twisted:
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

winry_elric

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"However, it's also pretty likely that it's going to be PA only.

Hah. Count me out.
Same. PA's just too....it's like watching the arcades. FS puts more...i don't know, it's just way better. I don't know though, I might do it. I still wanna see this thing up and going.

P.S. Sorry bout missing those people. My bad ^^;;

Khaistyle

Hey, not saying I wouldn't freestyle for fun. I think that is awesome. But I play DDR to AAA. That is my fun. I see some good potential for both divisions.

winry_elric

yeah, it's still fun to think of routines and show off just out of the blue....but still, i hope we dont end up killing this thing...

Khaistyle

A couple people besides myself who lurk these boards are fairly well known in the community (dance-game community lol) If you are worried about a lack of attendance, don't be. I know that enough people will be there for a 16 bracket, I am almost certain there will be enough for a 32 bracket. 32 bracket with double elimination would go all day though....

winry_elric

yeah, i don't think people wanna spend a whole day DDRing...well, not when there's a Con going on...people go for the Con, not just for DDR...

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Khaistyle"A couple people besides myself who lurk these boards are fairly well known in the community (dance-game community lol) If you are worried about a lack of attendance, don't be. I know that enough people will be there for a 16 bracket, I am almost certain there will be enough for a 32 bracket. 32 bracket with double elimination would go all day though....

We're worried about lack of attendance for cosplay events.

Freestyle is feasible; we still do have a chance of doing it this year. However, the main show's probably going to be Perfect Attack.

Unless you guys want to switch out PA for Freestyle?
epic progressive

vox

Khaistyle

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Freestyle is feasible; we still do have a chance of doing it this year. However, the main show's probably going to be Perfect Attack.
Unless you guys want to switch out PA for Freestyle?

Unless you want to switch out PA for YOUR FACE!

PA is always good, if there is time for freestyle there should be that too. Cosplay, I don't think will happen. But it would be awesome to get a number of people just to "be" at the event in costume. I'll be taking pics like mad. I was considering cosplaying a pop'n music character myself for this year. Of course, ALL 4 pop'n music players will recognize it haha. :roll:

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Khaistyle"I was considering cosplaying a pop'n music character myself for this year. Of course, ALL 4 pop'n music players will recognize it haha. :roll:

Depends on who you cosplay as.

Certain characters would be immediately recognizable as DDR BGA charas, though. (coughROKUcoughRIE-chancoughspace-macocough)

cyprian
epic progressive

vox