Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

abcbadcat

HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

toqer

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 29, 2008, 11:46:03 AM
What's in store for next year?  Who knows.  All I know is if there is a genre you would want to hear at next year's Dance, now would be a good time to make a push for it.  If there's a big enough push, I'll make it happen, but it's not likely going to happen if there is only 2 or 3 people asking for it like with hip hop this year.

DJ Reign's your hookup!  Holla if ya hear me!

Which one of you guys is chris?  Izzy's friend? 

Next year we'll plan ahead.  I can probably get one of the lighting vendors I meet at NAMM to loan us some lights.  You guys got a small idea of the kind of visuals I like to run on projectors, I can do alot better.

I'd also like to do cam shots of the crowds, camera fades to visuals (and anime), all the same stuff I do at the 7 Bamboo except instead of being tasked with 7 billion karaoke items, I can just focus on one thing.

Live streaming video.

Projected chat display, so folks can IM or txt messages to a big ass screen (also so folks watching the live video feed can comment)

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: protocol7 on May 29, 2008, 10:52:39 AM
Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 28, 2008, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on May 28, 2008, 03:44:10 PM
Jinnai FREAKING COME BACK! you and Stormy are like the best

I was hoping for some hyphy/hip hop music but alas I didnt hear it =(

Kudos to stormy's set

Wow people still remember me? (besides Ryu xD and 8-Ball)

I'll be doing the dance at Ani-Jam 08 this year. If you can, Please check it out!

Bah! I still remember you :P Saw you're going to be at some thing in Texas in August? May wind up there myself.

Yes, I'll also be DJing at San-Japan 1.5 in San Antonio. They got Smile.DK as their big guest.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 29, 2008, 11:46:03 AM
I did want Jinnai to make a return this year.  He was the first person I contacted.  I know for sure alot of people would have enjoyed him.  However, things just didn't work out.  Hopefully we can work out something for next year.

Now, as far as music selection goes, I think we did a good job.  We had house, electro house, drum n' bass, J-pop, breaks, a touch of hardcore, some 80's/90's funk/hip hop although I wanted more, but that's another story, and of course we had Stormy and myself along with DJ Jinrei and DJ Sandman with some of that good EDM.

What's in store for next year?  Who knows.  All I know is if there is a genre you would want to hear at next year's Dance, now would be a good time to make a push for it.  If there's a big enough push, I'll make it happen, but it's not likely going to happen if there is only 2 or 3 people asking for it like with hip hop this year.

DJ Reign's your hookup!  Holla if ya hear me!

Yeah let's plan for Fanime 2009, Reign. I'm open for next May as of right now.

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

www.shinodasound.com

abcbadcat

LOL TOQER!!!

Tamagotchi party!!!

also wow @ Smike.DK

jinnai_animexcalibur

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 29, 2008, 01:35:53 PM
HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

Golden Age Hip Hop? New Jack Swing? Hyphy? Crunk? Booty Bass? Gangsta Rap? UK Grime? J-Hip Hop? K-Hip Hop? Dirty South Rap? Snap Music? Horrorcore Rap? RapRock? Pop Rap? Disco Rap? Skratch/Turntablism Music? Electro Breaks? Trip-Hop? Underground Rap?

I think that's all the styles I know of...8-Ball knows em all. ^^

www.shinodasound.com

abcbadcat

I love underground rap but you can't really dance to that...

I liked the lineups this past year but a few Golden Age Hip Hop songs for the breakers would be nice.

Kaura117

Moar J-Rock = Win

Actually, anything with a heavy, bone-crunching guitar riff, man.

I realize, of course, that I might be in the minority in thinking that what the dance scene needs is More Freaking Punk. >_> Kudos t' ye, Stormy and the rest of the DJs, though- was an excellent sequence of dances this year.

abcbadcat

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 29, 2008, 03:49:23 PM
Moar J-Rock = Win

I realize, of course, that I might be in the minority in thinking that what the dance scene needs is More Freaking Punk. >_> Kudos t' ye, Stormy and the rest of the DJs, though- was an excellent sequence of dances this year.

I love punk but you can't really dance to it... unless you two step or mosh.

Dj Stormy Rayner

I would like to see a little bit of Dubstep and mellow Progressive open up the night.

Cheers,
Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

Kaura117

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 29, 2008, 03:54:05 PM
Quote from: Kaura117 on May 29, 2008, 03:49:23 PM
Moar J-Rock = Win

I love punk but you can't really dance to it... unless you two step or mosh.

A little light moshing between yourself and a few hundred of your closest friends is perfectly innocent fun~ =D ...just, uh, get a good steam cleaner for the bloodstains after~

jinnai_animexcalibur

Funny, I have Tsunami Bomb. ^^

www.shinodasound.com

abcbadcat

Tsunami Bomb has a few good songs. I just listened to them too much and got sick of them.

Even toss some punk/ska into it.

DJ Jinrei

so much for "dance-able" music eh heheh...
gotta look at it as though everyone wants to have a good time vs a few people an what they wanna hear...  That why Ball Room and Dance are split... be kinda weird and god forbid some one would complain if we played some old timey ball room style music during dance right...  Its just the same as putting another genre in there the throws the balance off.

I gott a say this, get to me when we have these after math whats say yous..
The folks that were there EVERY night...  they're our witness that that crowd was huge consistantly for everything we played.
If the crowd was shifting towards another style so suddenly, as a DJ you should be able to over come and adapt.  Never the less there were some rock and Hip-Hop played... or should I say mixed in damn well.  Kid Whatever supplied alot of the J Beats which were also easy to dance to for everyone.  Now for some reason the crowd shifted to Waltz... guess we'd have to play waltz right?  Lucky us that packed room with a line outside waiting to get in liked electronica and such.
crowd that size has to be treated like guests at the club.

but whatever right, least every had fun and dam you all up north are some amzing dancers.

myspace.com/djjinrei

Kaura117

Quote from: DJ Jinrei on May 29, 2008, 10:33:26 PM
so much for "dance-able" music eh heheh...
gotta look at it as though everyone wants to have a good time vs a few people an what they wanna hear...  That why Ball Room and Dance are split... be kinda weird and god forbid some one would complain if we played some old timey ball room style music during dance right...  Its just the same as putting another genre in there the throws the balance off.

I gott a say this, get to me when we have these after math whats say yous..
The folks that were there EVERY night...  they're our witness that that crowd was huge consistantly for everything we played.
If the crowd was shifting towards another style so suddenly, as a DJ you should be able to over come and adapt.  Never the less there were some rock and Hip-Hop played... or should I say mixed in damn well.  Kid Whatever supplied alot of the J Beats which were also easy to dance to for everyone.  Now for some reason the crowd shifted to Waltz... guess we'd have to play waltz right?  Lucky us that packed room with a line outside waiting to get in liked electronica and such.
crowd that size has to be treated like guests at the club.

but whatever right, least every had fun and dam you all up north are some amzing dancers.

Damn right we are. Norcal pride- we'll lay down the beats amongst the best of them, then we'll blow 'em all away.

dj 8-ball

Quote from: jinnai_animexcalibur on May 29, 2008, 02:17:25 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 29, 2008, 01:35:53 PM
HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

HIP-HOP!

Golden Age Hip Hop? New Jack Swing? Hyphy? Crunk? Booty Bass? Gangsta Rap? UK Grime? J-Hip Hop? K-Hip Hop? Dirty South Rap? Snap Music? Horrorcore Rap? RapRock? Pop Rap? Disco Rap? Skratch/Turntablism Music? Electro Breaks? Trip-Hop? Underground Rap?

I think that's all the styles I know of...8-Ball knows em all. ^^

You forgot that one obscure genre in between Golden Age and New Jack Swing where Black Sheep, Paper and Cypress Hill fall under.  :D

For hip-hop to work at Fanime would probably require a seperate dance room as proposed before but I heard about the problems trying to pull that off. Hopefully they can make another attempt and I'll be happy to play some Hip-Hop...uhh except for the Hyphy and...yeah...Hyphy.

Hyorin!

I agree with putting in a separate dance room for Hip Hop/Funk/etc. From what I witnessed while watching cyphers on the dance floor, there was much hostility between the ravers and breakers/poppers/lockers.

Kaura117

Quote from: Hyorin! on June 03, 2008, 12:51:36 PM
I agree with putting in a separate dance room for Hip Hop/Funk/etc. From what I witnessed while watching cyphers on the dance floor, there was much hostility between the ravers and breakers/poppers/lockers.

...really?

I got into the dance late on Saturday, and stayed pretty much the whole time Sunday. It seemed then as if the two groups were getting along okay- some of the circles had an eclectic mix of both.

abcbadcat

I didn't feel or see any hostility as a raver.

OniCourseMusha

Shiiiiiiiiiit.... I should of jump styled!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand