Nanoha StrikerS: Ep17, Geass Nooooooooo!

Started by Chun, March 28, 2007, 12:57:44 PM

Eheroofjustice

I really like the Reinforce. It's a shame to see the origional to go. I see there is Reinforce 2. She's become a chibi. She looks like a little person. I like to see both Reinforces.
Yay! Guilty Gear rocks! I love crossdressing! ^_^

Eheroofjustice

Not to mention I didn't see arf isn't in it.  -_- I wana see Arf!! She's Fate's best friend. I wonder why they didn't put her in it.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Eheroofjustice"Not to mention I didn't see arf isn't in it.  -_- I wana see Arf!! She's Fate's best friend. I wonder why they didn't put her in it.
Alph doesn't support Fate on the field anymore.  Instead, she supports her by taking care of stuff like chores at home.  Because of this, she now assumes a child-like form to minimalize the consumption of Fate's magic.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Alph doesn't support Fate on the field anymore.  Instead, she supports her by taking care of stuff like chores at home.  Because of this, she now assumes a child-like form to minimalize the consumption of Fate's magic.

...one would think that Fate's magic-stamina would have increased exponentially, so there wouldn't be a use for that...

...wait, is Alph loli now?
epic progressive

vox

Eheroofjustice

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Eheroofjustice"Not to mention I didn't see arf isn't in it.  -_- I wana see Arf!! She's Fate's best friend. I wonder why they didn't put her in it.
Alph doesn't support Fate on the field anymore.  Instead, she supports her by taking care of stuff like chores at home.  Because of this, she now assumes a child-like form to minimalize the consumption of Fate's magic.

I see. I did see a pic of her as a child-like.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"...wait, is Alph loli now?
You be the judge.
-Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Episode 2 raw: watched.

-Some exposition on the fire that Subaru was caught in, as seen in last episode.
-Results of the exam announced.
-The introduction of Erio and Caro.
-Wolkenritter returns! XD

Highlight for this episode for me was Wolkenritter.  Caro is also quite cute.  And more Rein for you fans.  She is indeed adorable, but I'm still not a huge fan yet.
-Tsubasa

Lisu

Watched number 2 and its only getting better.

-Super Saiyan Fate lawl....
-I do enjoy Subaru's and Tianna's relationship
-Lazy scene with the 3 main, uweeeeee~
-Erio X Caro is amusing.

- Vita! That's all I really should have said, but I was being nice here.  Good end.

-oh, and the outro is growing on me.

Tsubasa

And here I am considering my options.  There are three groups subbing the series.  I will most likely keep only one group's version.  I've checked out all of their first episodes and, in the case of Nanoha-DGz, two episodes.  Here are some impressions:

yesy:
-Official romanizations
-Acceptable translations

Nanoha-DGz:
-Mix of official & non-official romanizations (non-official: Tiana, Elio, Kyaro, Zafira)
-Overall good translation
-Fastest group (?)
-Device engrish cleaned up

Triad:
-Non-official romanizations carried over (Raging Heart, Hallaoun, etc.), but new ones, so far, are official
-Overall good translation
-Slowest group (?)
-Device engrish cleaned up

I'm ruling out yesy because I've never thought their translation quality to be that good.  Passable, but not good.  Nanoha-DGz and Triad each have their hiccups.  Right now it's a coin-toss, IMO.  If either group would just try to use official romanizations, I would have had to side with them.  I may just decide to keep the Triad version for consistency in my Nanoha subs, as I saw Nanoha and A's subbed by them.

-----

On another note, while browsing the main site, I noticed that the Saint Church will be involved.  They mentioned and briefly showed a Belka knight by the name of Carim in the A's to StrikerS manga.  I've always wanted to know more about her.  Here's to hoping she does something in the anime.
-Tsubasa

Tsubasa

OP single "SECRET AMBITION," has been released.  <3 the full length version. XD
-Tsubasa

Sunara Ishi

XD yummy~

I <3 that song. All her music is so nice.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsubasa

Episode 3 raw down.

Formation of the Lost Property Riot Force 6.

Cool episode.  We get to see more of the new characters.  Erio and Caro do something for the first time, giving us more information about their devices and abilities.

Erio:
-Yellow Belka circle

Device: Strada
-Like almost every other Belka armed device we've yet seen, it speaks German.

Caro:
-Point of discussion: she has a standard Mid-Childa magic circle around her when she casts, but a square magic circle appears at the area of effect.  Color: pink.  Hopefully they'll explain it soon.
-So far, only support and capture magic.
-Friedrich, her familiar, is her offense.

Device: Kerykeion
-The first boost device introduced in the series.  Up until now, there hasn't been much information available about them.  From this episode, we can gather that these devices support other mages by "boosting" their abilities.  I like to think of it like buffing in RPGs.
-It speaks.  English.  Probably a Mid-Childa device.

-----
Other random episode comments:
-<3 Wolkenritter
-Vice is a cool guy
-Shario/"Shirley" is finally introduced.  I hope she has a bigger role than I initially thought.
-The very end of the episode suggests that Nanoha and Fate share the same bed.  Yet more service for the NanohaxFate fans.

I thought she was cute from the beginning and I'm liking Caro quite a bit now.  A girl after my own heart.  I always play the support roles in games. =P
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Reinforce-tan is so totally the new loli-in-a-bag.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Reinforce-tan is so totally the new loli-in-a-bag.
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

And in return, translation for that first comic, for the sake of completeness.

epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Reinforce-tan is so totally the new loli-in-a-bag.

i totally want one!

i like how they put "reinhouse" on the box. it rhymes if you language hax it

j

Tsubasa

Episode 4 raw: watched.

-More time with the young forwards.
-Nanoha is god tier.
-Introduction of Carim.
-Device tweaks and such.  The--perhaps expected--upgrade (it was in the episode 3 preview, so you can't say I'm spoiling).

The episode cleared up a question in my mind: can Caro boost Belka knights?  Yes, yes she can.

Carim is cool.  I wonder if she'll ever do anything.  She is a knight.  At least she and Shari get screen time.  Caro is still cool.

Otherwise there was some story and I look forward to the next episode.
-Tsubasa

shortpachoo

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa