Naruto Gathering 2008 Post your pictures now!

Started by BrightHeart76, December 07, 2007, 05:58:04 PM

Did you enjoy the 2008 Naruto Gathering?

Absolutely!
Yeah...it was pretty good.
Wasn't a total waste of time...got some good pictures
Eh.
No, but I'll leave constructive criticism or PM BrightHeart76 with my ideas for 2009

Mister_E

Then you shoudl join my gathering.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

47 Days till Fanime!  Is everyone ready?  I spent most of the day talking to Ree making sure that we are all set to go. 

No new cosplayers this week, but we still have a really great list going! 

Did we come to any conclusions about lunch?  It's coming down to crunch time, we should probably decide.

Freeze Tag looks like it's going to go off well.

Caramelldansen, I'm hoping happens closer to 12:30 so we have a good chance to do the gathering and pictures before the dancing starts.  That's up to MisterE.

Bingo just needs to be printed.  I even got a few more prizes this week. 

I think this is going to be fantastic!  Let me know if anyone has any ideas, concerns, or needs any help. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Mister_E

Yes pictures are a go before, I want a BIG group photo of all dancers!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

maeiounj39

I am going as sakura. No doubt. I am bring my yodanime plushie.

Dragon Ninja

I thinking of getting a wig for my Naruto costume. Is that wise or should I dye and spike my hair?

EDIT: Never mind, I already order a wig.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

BrightHeart76

Updated for the week.  Only 41 days to go, I'll see everyone in just a little over a month!

Please come to BINGO, it's going to be fun and I've put an awful lot of work into the boards.  I'll also have prizes!

FreezeTag looks good, but do we know where it's going to be?  The area will be pretty full (last I counted there are 6 groups at the fountains during the gathering).

Also, if you follow this link http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,2223.msg230491.html#msg230491 you'll see that there is a LOT of Naruto being shown this year.  Make sure to stop by and watch it!

Yay!  Fanime is almost here!  Woohoo!!

Edit: Fixed typo's
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

clawmaster

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 13, 2008, 04:39:59 PM
Updated for the week.  Only 41 days to go, I'll see everyone in just a little over a month!

Please come to BINGO, it's going to be fun and I've put an awful lot of work into the boards.  I'll also have prizes!

FreezeTag looks good, but do we know where it's going to be?  The area will be pretty full (last I counted there are 6 groups at the fountains during the gathering).

Also, if you follow this link http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,2223.msg230491.html#msg230491 and go to reply #142 you'll see that there is a LOT of Naruto beins shown this year.  Make sure to stop by and watch it!

woah.......awsomness! gah only 40 days away! the anticaption is driving me insane!
Yay!  Fanime is almost here!  Woohoo!!

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Zenorith

Well I'm new to the forums so I'll start off by saying hello. Well this is gonna be my first cosplay event so I will do my best to finish up my costume(it's almost done w00t!!!)...why do I have the feeling I forgot something ???...o yea my costume, I'll be going as Kisame...all I need is to find or make the sword. If you guys have links to sites that sell it or help make it, it will be greatly appreciated even though my back-up plan was to get Cloud's Buster Sword which me & my friend were gonna work on it if it comes down to buying it. But thanks if you help me out & just a head's up to everyone, my girlfriend's cosplaying as SnJ Naruto, so if you see a Kisame with a SnJ Naruto then you know it's me lol(she's gonna make an account later on when I go over to her house).
If you steal from a thief, but that thief stole from you, so you stole back your stuff from him, could you be arrested?

Ska_Kitti

I'm thinking about Naruto Cosplay Chess. Anyone else? :D There's plenty of space.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

clawmaster

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on April 14, 2008, 01:49:08 PM
I'm thinking about Naruto Cosplay Chess. Anyone else? :D There's plenty of space.

o_o yesss! total ownage! what time though?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

fragiledreamer

totally in for Naruto Chess - and as for lunch - as long as it's not McDonald's - I have't had it in... probably 10 years and the smell alone makes me ill   :'( .... heh. 
Fanime 2009
Shippuden Gaara - Returning
Kazekage Gaara - Returning
Elizabeth Swann - 100%
Lil' Gaara - 5%
Formal BW Ball Gaara - 50%
Hitsugaya Toshiro - uh... i have a sword?
Tasuki? - 20%

Avairrianna

39 days left everyone!

-Female Choji
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Ska_Kitti

Well there's Naruto Bingo before the gathering, so the Naruto Chess can be after the gathering. :] I have time slots open for the game on that day.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

shy-cosplayer

sign me up for shippuuden hinata

Jangular

ok, so it turns out my friend will be going as Kakashi and I'll be coming as Zabuza, the version with a shirt lol, sorry for the change >_<
Okage-Sama De~ Productions :D

www.youtube.com/user/OkageSamaDePro
www.okage-sama-de.devianart.com
www.myspace.com/okagesamdepro

Druix

zomg *waves to Jangular* XD

Anyway, cosplay chess? I love chess ^^ Sounds fun.

Also, update!! Put me down for Shippuuden/TIme Skip Sasuke instead of normal Sasuke

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

clawmaster

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on April 06, 2008, 06:01:30 PM
47 Days till Fanime!  Is everyone ready?  I spent most of the day talking to Ree making sure that we are all set to go. 

No new cosplayers this week, but we still have a really great list going! 

Did we come to any conclusions about lunch?  It's coming down to crunch time, we should probably decide.

Freeze Tag looks like it's going to go off well.

Caramelldansen, I'm hoping happens closer to 12:30 so we have a good chance to do the gathering and pictures before the dancing starts.  That's up to MisterE.

Bingo just needs to be printed.  I even got a few more prizes this week. 

I think this is going to be fantastic!  Let me know if anyone has any ideas, concerns, or needs any help. 

you could not believe how excited I am for fanime! >< i could walk in my naruto costume at my campus full of excitement! dattebayo! ok maybe not that but yea i am pretty excited! cant wait to see everyone there!

Avairrianna

Yeah...I really REALLY need to get going on my detailed stuff for Choji! I've been kinda busy....and I just found out I didn't make it into a play T_T But that just means I have more time for cosplay right?

I can't WAIT until Fanime!!!!!!! *squeals* My boyfriend keeps talking about staying up all night at the raves and stuff and I'm like....when are we going to sleep?!  ???

So, when do you guys who have gone in the past typically sleep?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

clawmaster

Quote from: Avairrianna on April 17, 2008, 10:11:35 AM
Yeah...I really REALLY need to get going on my detailed stuff for Choji! I've been kinda busy....and I just found out I didn't make it into a play T_T But that just means I have more time for cosplay right?

I can't WAIT until Fanime!!!!!!! *squeals* My boyfriend keeps talking about staying up all night at the raves and stuff and I'm like....when are we going to sleep?!  ???

So, when do you guys who have gone in the past typically sleep?

well usually when that happens to me its probably when I got to my friends lan parties where the #1 rule is to not sleep or you will be a open target for anything! usually after these lan parties I sleep the next day. of course the day after somebody gets penis written on his forhead xD

behindinfinity

Hi, everyone! First time Fanime con-goer here. It'll be my first con out of my own country, actually. Haha! My friend Miguel and I hope to join you guys on Sunday! :)

I'll definitely be there as Naruto, but I'm trying to decide between the Shippuuden or Shippu! Konoha Gakuen Den versions.
Miguel will be Shipuuden Sasuke (most likely the white gi version, but he's bringing the vest as well).

I really enjoy taking pictures and hope to get lots of shots of everyone, but I have to ask - is it safe to carry a DSLR around Fanime? If not, I could just stuff a small digicam in my pocket, but the quality won't quite be the same.