Weirdist Con Experience

Started by o0Mutsu0o, May 27, 2008, 01:26:36 PM

o0Mutsu0o

I have to say.. I had some odd things happen.. But the stupid-...ist

was talking to some really cool guy for about an hour, about some dance. This person is cool, having a good convo, then Finding out he's someone you knew via forum, and things just didnt work so you stopped talking it was lovely to meet this person, but when i found out who he was i was like " ERRR" and was tempted to just shake my head and walk away......

On a brighter note, none of my friends ended up making out with random yaoi dudes on Youtube. ;] and what happened to you? ;D
See Ya all next year? ;3 ~

anomaly

well, having been one of the ConOps base and desk workers, I've come across hundreds of extremely weird moments.

But I have to say, the weirdest moment involved seeing someone take off their pants for absolutely no reason while I was standing in front of them....the ass was not pointed at me, but the person to the left of me...I just happened to be there at the time.

I'm sure there were wierder though...need to think a bit
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

SOawesomeness

OMG
Me and my two friends were watching a movie on Crunchyroll next to the WiFi thing in the convention center on my laptop and this guy sits across from me on the floor and asks us what we're watching. We say "Crazy Stone" and then he's like, "Oh, what website are you watching it on?" We say crunchyroll and he says "Oh really?" It turns out that he works for Crunchyroll and was Industry.

It was hecka weird but cool at the same time. xD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Mango Bunny

Meeting someone who stalked me down after last fanime on the internet was interesting. That was probably the weirdest for me. Also, seeing so many people who were alternate versions of people I knew.

TentenSwift

I was dressed as Dante. I saw a group of girls dressed as lolita and I took the op to have a big group hug with them. (I was running around giving EVERYONE hugs!) There was this tiny little girl in the group who ended up being stuck in the middle of the hug. The weird part was, she lifted up my coat to take a quick peek inside.

It wasn't the fact she lifted my coat than it was that this little girl who looked innocent turned out to .. Well, not be. LOL! D:

Hylia

Not the weirdest, but me and my friends were walking around, one of them playing the guitar, when we get stopped and asked for a picture.
It wasn't so weird as it was like.. "Oh, okayz"
But thats it, aside from the elevator experience, that I already posted in another thread ^^"

And seeing one of my ex's.
That was weird, but turned out ok after abit!
NO SIGNATURE OH SHIT
(Arigato)Alex

anomaly

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 27, 2008, 02:12:58 PM
OMG
Me and my two friends were watching a movie on Crunchyroll next to the WiFi thing in the convention center on my laptop and this guy sits across from me on the floor and asks us what we're watching. We say "Crazy Stone" and then he's like, "Oh, what website are you watching it on?" We say crunchyroll and he says "Oh really?" It turns out that he works for Crunchyroll and was Industry.

It was hecka weird but cool at the same time. xD

I have that guys email address, got it during a convo in conops about crunchyroll while I was running the lost and found.

That guy is pretty kewl
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

Tony

Quote from: anomaly on May 27, 2008, 01:48:29 PM
well, having been one of the ConOps base and desk workers, I've come across hundreds of extremely weird moments.
Like hearing candy mountain on the loudspeakers on Monday afternoon?

I can't quite relate the weirdest moment, but it involves friends and a large exhibit hall.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

anomaly

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2008, 01:57:53 PM

I can't quite relate the weirdest moment, but it involves friends and a large exhibit hall.

hehe indeed, I was walking back to conops when that came on and I was in mid text when my phone fell to the floor...needless to say i was amused ^_^

Fanime 2008 ConOps

jemz

That wasn't as much weird as it was fun! :D

I think the jankenpon at dinner was one of the weirdest but also one of the most amusing.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

zoupzuop2

I was stalked, and not in the pleasant way. Managed to break away.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Raydere

On Monday, I came across con attendees at the San Jose Diridon LR station. I was like "WTF? There's Fanimites this far away?"
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

sysadmin

There were swear words in my general vicinity when it moved into the song.

And I wasn't responsible.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on May 28, 2008, 03:10:45 PM
I was stalked, and not in the pleasant way. Managed to break away.
I was stalked last year. It was kinda weird... o.0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

deonchan

Working the line @ An Cafe...trying to keep folks calm (and entertained.. oh and not have a fan girl riot start) I got asked to come take care of an issue back and con and when I said I had to go, I got a fan girl "Awwwwwwww" from like 30 of them.

Coming back from the issue and redressed *grumble* watching Zog get another set of fan girls worked into a frenzy. (cheering for EVERYONE that walked by o.O) Any ways, I stand behind him arms folded and when he turned around (jumped 10 feet for getting the crap scared out of him :D ) and I ask "What are you doing?" He.. in true Zog fashion puts his arm around my shoulder and says to the fan girls

"Guys, this is my boss... Cheer from him!"

o.O

... ..

O.o

O.O

2.5 min worth of fan girl screams directed towards me later all I could say was...

*blink*

Carry on...

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Steve.Young

Quote from: deonchan on May 28, 2008, 05:35:50 PM
Working the line @ An Cafe...trying to keep folks calm (and entertained.. oh and not have a fan girl riot start) I got asked to come take care of an issue back and con and when I said I had to go, I got a fan girl "Awwwwwwww" from like 30 of them.

Coming back from the issue and redressed *grumble* watching Zog get another set of fan girls worked into a frenzy. (cheering for EVERYONE that walked by o.O) Any ways, I stand behind him arms folded and when he turned around (jumped 10 feet for getting the crap scared out of him :D ) and I ask "What are you doing?" He.. in true Zog fashion puts his arm around my shoulder and says to the fan girls

o.O

... ..

O.o

O.O

2.5 min worth of fan girl screams directed towards me all I could say was...

*blink*

Carry on...

I saw that and laughed.

And I went about my business of line control.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

questionette

OKAYYY
So, there was this cute couple of guys in the elevator on my way up to the 15th floor of the hilton.  We talked, they seemed cool, everything was awesome.  Then we get off the elevator and head in the same direction, my friend starts "NO WAY! Don't tell me..." and we stop right across the hall from eachother.  "Is it only you two in that room?" one of the guys says with a grin. 
Me: "Uhhh, yeah..." *Thinks of subject change* "So, uh are you guys going to the rave tonight?"
The same guy as before (the other one was cuter and less talkative): "Yeah, I'll see you guys there...and maybe I'll come by later tonight?"
Me: "HAHAHA...haha..aha..(and then I smiled, which was probably a bad thing) WELL see you guys later!"
Him: "I'm the luckiest guy in the world" and then we parted ways

*After much dancing and partying, we return to our hotel room*
*There is a knock at the door*

Me: OH SH*
My friend: *in a whisper* "OMG, its the guy..."
*we both stay silent for like, five minutes*
*My friend goes to the door and looks through the peep hole*
My friend: "PHEW he's gone...that was weird"

The next morning he looked totally hung over and gave me and my friend the dirtiest look ever.

LOL

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: deonchan on May 28, 2008, 05:35:50 PM

o.O

... ..

O.o

O.O

2.5 min worth of fan girl screams directed towards me later all I could say was...

*blink*

Carry on...

yeah... the who line situation was insane... Everyone around us was screaming and cheering at random cars passing by. People, that were around my friend and I, joked that it seemed like we weren't going to an An Cafe concert anymore. We all were wondering what kind of concert we were going to if it followed along the lines of our wackiness.

Sitting in line for so long with tons of people incited mass insanity. We were all so bored. My friend and I started singing random songs; some made up. Singing the Sakura Taisen song was fun. >.<

I thought the random singing of the beer on the wall song before the concert was kinda amusing.
I'm half glad that the band probably didn't realize how strange we were being.

But the funniest moment was when I ran into a friend while we were in line. Because we were broken into a segment from the rest of the line; she wondered if we were the line to the concession stand. The stand just happened to be on the corner behind us.

We got tempted to tell the people that we were the concession stand line. XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Death_Note_Matt

Quote from: o0Mutsu0o on May 27, 2008, 01:26:36 PM
I have to say.. I had some odd things happen.. But the stupid-...ist

was talking to some really cool guy for about an hour, about some dance. This person is cool, having a good convo, then Finding out he's someone you knew via forum, and things just didnt work so you stopped talking it was lovely to meet this person, but when i found out who he was i was like " ERRR" and was tempted to just shake my head and walk away......

On a brighter note, none of my friends ended up making out with random yaoi dudes on Youtube. ;] and what happened to you? ;D

I wonder who it was XD
*coughs*Py***Ikari*coughs*
Just Kiddin yeah XD
Another Player has Entered the Game

KamijoIsLove

Quote from: questionette on May 28, 2008, 05:48:57 PM
OKAYYY
So, there was this cute couple of guys in the elevator on my way up to the 15th floor of the hilton.  We talked, they seemed cool, everything was awesome.  Then we get off the elevator and head in the same direction, my friend starts "NO WAY! Don't tell me..." and we stop right across the hall from eachother.  "Is it only you two in that room?" one of the guys says with a grin. 
Me: "Uhhh, yeah..." *Thinks of subject change* "So, uh are you guys going to the rave tonight?"
The same guy as before (the other one was cuter and less talkative): "Yeah, I'll see you guys there...and maybe I'll come by later tonight?"
Me: "HAHAHA...haha..aha..(and then I smiled, which was probably a bad thing) WELL see you guys later!"
Him: "I'm the luckiest guy in the world" and then we parted ways

*After much dancing and partying, we return to our hotel room*
*There is a knock at the door*

Me: OH SH*
My friend: *in a whisper* "OMG, its the guy..."
*we both stay silent for like, five minutes*
*My friend goes to the door and looks through the peep hole*
My friend: "PHEW he's gone...that was weird"

The next morning he looked totally hung over and gave me and my friend the dirtiest look ever.

LOL

For some reason that made me laugh. A lot. =D

Actually, I think the weirdest thing to happen was before actually getting to the con. And this was my first one.

So my friend and I, dressed as Kamijo and Hizaki, decided to stop at the Cafe at the Tech Museum to pick up some not-terrible-overpriced food. And while we were waiting in line, this dad approached my Hizaki friend and asked her to talk to his little daughter, since the little girl was just fangirling over her dress. Heh, I guess princess dresses + little girls = explosion~? It was really cute though, since my friend went over and just said hi to her, and the little girl was just like =D~~~ !!!

Of course, instead of a cutesy little girl fawning over me, I got a little boy that just came up to our table after we'd sat down, stared wide eyed at me for about two minutes, and then whispered something about 'eeeviiil' and wandered off. .___. Great self esteem booster, yeah~