With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: Moogleborg on January 18, 2010, 02:31:23 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on January 05, 2010, 09:58:15 PM
*runs and hinds from Lee but peeks out* I like Bacchikoi.... but he scares me *points at Lee*

(sorry the Saku in me kick in)

Ahh, don't worry. ^^ I usually keep that characteristic out of my Lee...mostly for con safety. ^^ Don't worry, I don't bite. ^_^

Ok good then you might be a safe Lee! I will give u a try...
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

100buttons

I will be going as Pein/Pain, and if my friend is able to attend Fanime she will try and get a full-out Konan cosplay (that includes the wings and paper and such XD)..
Cosplays for Fanime 2009:
- Yachiru
- Hinata (Shippuden)
- J-rock
- Pirate

BrightHeart76

I will update the list this weekend.  Glad to have new names to add.  Always fun to have new people with us each year.  :)

I've thought of a fun game to play during the picnic...just have to pull it together.  Any of you have ideas?  Suggestions?

So far we're planning to do Bacchikoi again (thank you Moogleborg) and the picnic.  Do we want to try to do anything else?  I mean aside from the obvious gathering activities and photoshoot. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

luluuxduplica1223

Mmkay, I don't know if you have me down, but me and my friend might be there as either pre-shippuden or Kimono-style TenTen and Sakura. :3 I'll have to talk to her on which oe, so I'll get back on which one.

For ideas, maybe Ninja? XD We just gotta be careful. Ninja is both fit for this gathering, and very fun. :3 Just an idea.
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

Eliteslayer

Hmm... game-wise, I remember a while back, at another convention, where a bunch of us played "Ninja, Ninja, Anbu" instead of "Duck, Duck, Goose." There might be a few too many people for that, though, unless we wait until later. Just a thought.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Eliteslayer on January 23, 2010, 07:25:11 PM
Hmm... game-wise, I remember a while back, at another convention, where a bunch of us played "Ninja, Ninja, Anbu" instead of "Duck, Duck, Goose." There might be a few too many people for that, though, unless we wait until later. Just a thought.

Hmmm....I play a game with my students called "Shark".  It's always reminded me of Duck Duck Goose but requires a bit of logic.  One person is secretly assigned the duty of "Shark"  Then everyone goes around the room shaking hands with each other.  The Shark has a special hand shake that identifies them as the Shark and "kills" their victim.  Once the "victim" has been bitten by the "Shark" they have to shake hands with 3 more people and then fall down "dead"...I encourage them to have dramatic death scenes.  The only rule is they can not give any clues as to who was the "Shark".  The "Shark" does not have to "kill" everyone they shake hands with, so that they can throw the other students off their scent.  Students try to pay attention and identify the "Shark".  When they think they have it figured out they yell out "I think" Bob...or whoever they suspect "is the shark".  If they're right the "Shark" falls over dead (cue dramatic death scene) if they're wrong they fall over dead (cue even more dramatic death scene).  This continues until the shark has claimed all but 3 students or until the shark is revealed.  We could make a couple of changes to this game and it can work for large groups fairly safely. 

Instead of a "shark" we could name them an "Anbu" or "Akatsuki" or heck...why not Kisame if we're going for sharks.  lol.  The death scenes really make the game a lot more fun. 

It's an idea.  What do you guys think?  Duck Duck Goose sounds good too, probably best at the picnic.  What do you think?  I really don't know how to play Ninja...can anyone explain?  We could always try to bring back Naruto Twister if you all feel like it. Let me know.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Shinigami_Lover

DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Eliteslayer

Ah, I've played that game, it was just a variation of "Murderer" when I knew it. Could certainly work, though. But talking about Kisame and his sharkness, though, this reminds me of something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Mn3b0Kih8
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

TokenBlackGuy

Im up for anything, little confusing but ill keep reading it trying to get it :P
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

ruby19_4

I may have posted before, but I lost the website for it. Does anyone know where I can get hinata shoes?

RyuSan777

Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

BrightHeart76

We are updated!  Sorry for the delay. 

Things are progressing smoothly.  I need to work on a few details in the next few weeks so that it's not a rush to finish things at the end.  I hope you guys made your hotel reservations already, if not get to it!  A couple of the hotels appear to be sold out already.   :o

Something everyone can do to help prepare for the gathering is to start thinking about the photo shoot.  What groups do you want?  Is there an order you want to do groups in?  Do you have a few good poses you can practice? 

I'm hoping we can pin down our gathering time and picnic in the next few weeks (still waiting for the O.K. to get that started).  I want to put together a tentative photoshoot list in late May or Early April so we can make changes as needed.

Keep up the good ideas everyone!  You are the best!!

BrightHeart76

Sorry for the double post.

I wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I was shopping at Target this weekend and they had the most frightening clothing item.  Fishnet leggings.  Now this is frightening that I might soon see people walking down the street trying to pull off the look.  However, for cosplay purposes this is a wonderful thing.  Many of the Naruto characters have a fishnet style body suit or leggings.  These are just about the same price as a good pair of fishnet stalkings and MUCH more durable.  If you're cosplaying someone with fishnet style leggings you might want to check your local Target.

Fanime is closer every day.  Hope you guys are looking forward to some Memorial Day fun.  :D

iKuraudo

-wave hand-
I am going to be Deidara and I am sorry for not being present last year. v__v
It is too long of a story to post, but I am returning to Fanime this year.

TokenBlackGuy

I got my room, pretty estatic. GWAHHHHHHH. can't wait. i want to do another care but i dont know what would be good for me. But it also may be expesive. hope i will have the time to be my costumes rdy for fanime.

My Cosplay. TBA

PinkHairSasuke

I recently booked my hotel so I will be up all night most likely at Fanime ;D Sasuke Midnight Madness!! :D

PhDPepper

Posted on Coscom's forum but, i should have my Anbu Kakashi done for fanime.

TokenBlackGuy

Anyone Staying at the Fairmont Hotel. Anyone actually tell me how far the walk from there to the convention center is ?

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 06, 2010, 10:34:05 PM
Anyone Staying at the Fairmont Hotel. Anyone actually tell me how far the walk from there to the convention center is ?

I'm not staying there, I love the Hilton but I've heard really nice things about the Fairmont.  However, I have walked back and forth from that hotel a few times at Fanime.  The Fairmont is about a block away from the convention center.  It takes me a little more than 5 minutes, and I'm usually a slow walker.  It only ever bothered me when I'd spent much too long in my heels for the day.  I think you'll like it.   ;D

TokenBlackGuy

It looks awesome, i really won't be in the hotel except to sleep. and theres so much i wana do for that weekend, i hope i can fit it all in. I want to make like a to do list but i don't want to keep myself from doing anything at the same time.

My Cosplay. TBA