With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 07, 2010, 11:21:28 PM
LOL.  If the worst thing I've done today is make someone smile...I think I can live with myself.

I'm not kidding when I say this year is going to be the best ever.  I can hardly wait.   ;D

EDIT:  By the way the first post is updated with this quasi-official schedule and the official photo list.  We're up to 68 cosplayers!  I don't know if we'll reach our goal of 100 cosplayers on the list...just a reminder if we do reach the goal I will bring candy for everyone...sweet, sweet CANDY.   :P

D: MAN, I WANT CANDY! *hurries over to deviantArt to recruit more Naruto cosplayers*

TokenBlackGuy

Hmmmmmmmmm, does that count the 68 plus the unlisted people planning to be there ?? O_0
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on May 07, 2010, 11:38:29 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, does that count the 68 plus the unlisted people planning to be there ?? O_0

hmm...ok here's the deal.  I estimate at most 20 cosplayers who will show up to the Gathering but not be on the list.  So here's the deal.  I will provide candy if we reach 80 on the list since that would be 100 cosplayers in the group if we get 20 unannounced cosplayers at the gathering. 

So your new goal is at least 80 total cosplayers on the list...that's 12 more than we currently have on the list by 8:00 p.m. Thursday May 27th 2010. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

Eeri-chan

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 07, 2010, 10:36:17 PM
@Snorcat ~ It really depends on what you want to participate in.  Here's the quasi-official schedule (don't be surprised if we have a few changes)

9:30 - 11:45 Cosplay Checkers.  We can take part in most games.  Sign up in advance is appreciated but not required.  If you show up we'll do our best to include you.

11:30 (ish) Bacchikoi dancing with Moogleborg (hopefully to be included in the regular gathering some)

12:00 (noon) - 1:00 Official Naruto Gathering with photos  (I've got the list around here somewhere...look back a page or so on this thread to see it).

1:00 - ?  (no later than 2:45) Naruto Picnic at Cheasar Chavez Plaza.  Open to everyone cosplay or not.  Come one, come all, come join us for lunch and fun. Bring your own lunch but feel free to bring extra to share.  Games will be played.  Prizes will be won.  Fun will be had.

3:00 - 3:30 Shonen Jump Gathering with photos (Naruto is part of Shonen Jump).  ANIME BINGO will be played some here as well.

Depending on how things go there may also be a formal dinner or gathering at the Black and White Ball that night as well...though I haven't heard from the organizer recently.

That's 6+ hours of Naruto events and fun.  Good Gravy!  Basically, we have things going on all day long.  Stay as long as you like, leave when you must.  You're more than welcome to be a part of the tom-foolery.   :D

You do not have to take part in everything.  Let's be clear on that.  If you show up to an event late no one will be mad at you or give you grief.  If you leave early that's fine too.  I would suggest trying to be on time to Gatherings because the group photos are taken first and that gives you a good impression of how large the group really is.  

If you have questions before the convention feel free to ask.  If you have questions at the convention I'll be the chick dressed as Tsunade with a big 'ol bull horn, just scream "BrightHeart!" or "Tsunade!" or "Chrissy!" and I will respond.

@Everyone.  Make sure to thank EJAY420 when you see him.  He has gone above and beyond working on getting us a banner for the gathering!  One of my group picture dreams come true!  WooHoo!!!!

This year will be the best year yet!  Mark my words.   ;D   ;D

Sugoi! I can't wait! I wish I could make it to more stuff. I highly doubt that I'd be able to switch out of my CCS cosplay in time for the Shonen Jump gathering though. :( Oh, well.

Oh, and what about the Pirates v Ninjas gathering??? I guess that's not really a part of all this stuff, ne?

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 07, 2010, 11:43:59 PM
hmm...ok here's the deal.  I estimate at most 20 cosplayers who will show up to the Gathering but not be on the list.  So here's the deal.  I will provide candy if we reach 80 on the list since that would be 100 cosplayers in the group if we get 20 unannounced cosplayers at the gathering.  

So your new goal is at least 80 total cosplayers on the list...that's 12 more than we currently have on the list by 8:00 p.m. Thursday May 27th 2010.  

Oh!!! I have another friend, Kato-chan, who I pestered into coming as Tenten yesterday (and by pester, I mean I said "wouldn't it be cool if you came as a Naruto character!?!"). She's saying "probably" but it's more like a "definitely." She just needs to order the outfit! I'm so excited!!! -squee-

BrightHeart76

Hooray!  I found a treasure trove of prizes for games today.  I find myself in the enviable position of now having too many prizes!!  Don't worry...we'll find ways to give all of the fun stuff away.  Here are some pictures of the prizes.   ;D

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 08, 2010, 10:07:31 PM
Hooray!  I found a treasure trove of prizes for games today.  I find myself in the enviable position of now having too many prizes!!  Don't worry...we'll find ways to give all of the fun stuff away.  Here are some pictures of the prizes.   ;D

*Faints from happiness and excitement for the best Fanime ever*

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

Eboni ninja

If my friend finishes his costume in time, he will cosplay as Shippuuden! Sasuke for the gathering. I won't be in the gathering but I'm signing my friend up since he doesn't have an account and it's his first time cosplaying. I'll be supporting from the sideline taking pictures.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

BrightHeart76

I've updated the list again.  With the addition of Kato-chan (Eeri-chan's friend) and Eboni Ninja's friend we are up to 70 people on the list.  Just 10 more people to get candy for everyone. 

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

ruby19_4

Waw....brightheart. Nice gifts. Sure is a lot.

Anyone know where I can get hinata shippuden wig. I totally forgot about it.

roth14

Try ebay or cosworx and you may want to make it a rush delivery, if needed.

luluuxduplica1223

Sweet, Prizes xD haha, I probably won't play much games out of low-attention-span, but I wouldn't mind helping around if you need it, BrightHeart :3 So if theres anything you might need help on, just tell me. I might also have leftover candy from my Pokemon Gathering. If I do, I'll come and share.

<333 But as long as I make a friend and don't get eaten alive by crowds, I'll try my best to be there with My Sakura, and maybe some random ninja. Depends on if I know people at fanime that I go to school with that I can text. xD haha. I didn't get to really stay last time because I was almost eaten. Plus Low-attention-span. :D But I'll attempt again cause this sounds fun :3
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

BrightHeart76

Thanks for the offer for help.  I think things are going to be pretty smooth on Sunday.  I'll let you know if I need some help.   ;D

I'm really only worried about one thing.  I don't want to mention it because it's one of those things that might get exasperated if I bring it up and might be a non-issue if I don't bring it up.  Just have to hope for the best and trust that people will have fun.   :D

We've got lots of really friendly people this year, you shouldn't have any problem finding a friend.   :D  I am so proud of our group this year.  I can't wait for the convention.  It's going to be fantastic!

19 days till Fanime!!!  Holy Cow!  See y'all soon!

ruby19_4

Yep. times fly really fast. Thx roth14. I will check it out. thank you.

roth14

TokenBlackGuy

Best weekend ever incomming !!!!!!

and ive just caught up with all my manga today !!!

My Cosplay. TBA

ICosplayNeji

I'm bringing a pre-timeskip Chouji with me! Chouji-Potaoechip from deviantArt  ;D In other news, I just got back from a day trip to San Jose to check out the Fairmont hotel and the convention center! Scoped out good places for photos XD SO EXCITED :D