With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

2 weeks until Day Zero!  It's almost Fanime people!!  WooHoo!!!

Is everyone ready?  Cosplays just about done?  Practicing your poses (remember one serious and one silly for each group plus an extra battle pose for the final group photo)?  Ready for Checkers?  Dancing?  The Picnic?  This year is going to be great!!!

Onto the Meet and Eat.  Currently we have a tie with 4 votes each for 4:00 and 5:30, 4:30 comes in as a close second with 3 votes.  If we don't have a tie breaker by tomorrow evening I'll Make a new poll with just those time for the weekend.  I will finalize all plans for this event on Monday. 

See y'all soon!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

Seems like my idea has become of 5:30.

Sweet, later would be awesome imo, just so i can look around fanime for a bit when i get the chance.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

robina

BrightHeart76

FLOW!!!  FLOW will be at Fanime this year!!!  HOLY COW!  So many great Naruto Theme songs come from them.  Songs I love.  I am currently bouncing in my chair with joy.  OMG!!!!!!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

roth14

The Fanime website has both bands on it. BOTH BANDS. *brain melts, can't take this much excitement*.

BrightHeart76

OK, first off let me say that I am beyond giddy that FLOW will be at Fanime.  I can not WAIT to see them in concert.

However, it does present us with a unique problem.  FLOW's concert is Friday.  I don't know the exact time yet, but musicfest events usually take place in the evening.  This would be in conflict with the Meet and Eat event.  We can go eat then get in line...but I worry that we'll be way at the back and I don't know about you all, but I really want decents seats for this.  So here's an alternative.  Why don't we all grab something to eat (brown bag, sandwich, fast food...whatever) meet somewhere and then get in line as a group.  That way we could all chat and bond in line while we eat and wait for an amazing show from a group that has given us so much great Naruto theme music.   :D

What do you all think?  As I see it these are our choices:

1. Still have the Meet and Eat.  When everyone is done they can go to Swap Meet, get in line or go their own merry way.  In this case we need someone to be the leader for this event because I can promise you I will be in line.

2. Alter the Meet and Eat so that everyone brings food to the line for FLOW.  There is some more coordination involved here but I personally think it's worth it.  I could bring the Naruto UNO cards to play while we're in line, maybe even some of the prizes.  People not going to the show can still join those of us in line and leave when they want to.

3. Alter the Meet and Eat in such a way that it doesn't overlap with such a large event.  I'm really not sure how this woudl work since this year seems to be full of large / amazing events. 

4. Something I haven't thought of...as always creative solutions are more than welcome.

Talk.  Debate.  Be heard.  We need to make a decision ASAP so that people can get planning.  Two weeks from right now...most of us will be at Fanime!  WOHOO!

@robina ~ I'm sorry I don't know how many photographers will be there.  They dont' sign up in advance.  Most cosplayers are either taking photos themselves or have friends / family in the crowd taking photos.  We also usually have fans of the series, and a few professionals taking photos.  Last year was impressive because at the end of the Gathering Mamoi came out and requested a photo with all of the cosplayers, so we had a huge photo with all of the cosplayers outside at that time...that one had a TON of photographers.  I don't know if anything like that will happen again.

BrightHeart76

And incase anyone is doesn't know why I concider FLOW something we should be scheduling a Naruto event around...here you go.  (Fair warning the third one contains some spoilers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUsoB-vP47c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvLgTlKm-54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bDl56R97M

All of these songs are by FLOW.

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 14, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
OK, first off let me say that I am beyond giddy that FLOW will be at Fanime.  I can not WAIT to see them in concert.

However, it does present us with a unique problem.  FLOW's concert is Friday.  I don't know the exact time yet, but musicfest events usually take place in the evening.  This would be in conflict with the Meet and Eat event.  We can go eat then get in line...but I worry that we'll be way at the back and I don't know about you all, but I really want decents seats for this.  So here's an alternative.  Why don't we all grab something to eat (brown bag, sandwich, fast food...whatever) meet somewhere and then get in line as a group.  That way we could all chat and bond in line while we eat and wait for an amazing show from a group that has given us so much great Naruto theme music.   :D

What do you all think?  As I see it these are our choices:

1. Still have the Meet and Eat.  When everyone is done they can go to Swap Meet, get in line or go their own merry way.  In this case we need someone to be the leader for this event because I can promise you I will be in line.
2. Alter the Meet and Eat so that everyone brings food to the line for FLOW.  There is some more coordination involved here but I personally think it's worth it.  I could bring the Naruto UNO cards to play while we're in line, maybe even some of the prizes.  People not going to the show can still join those of us in line and leave when they want to.
3. Alter the Meet and Eat in such a way that it doesn't overlap with such a large event.  I'm really not sure how this would work since this year seems to be full of large / amazing events. 
4. Something I haven't thought of...as always creative solutions are more than welcome.
I have a few opinions that will only work if so and so happens.  At the moment, not everyone knows what time they will be doing what. The schedule isn't out yet. So my ideas depend on the times. So here are my plans:

1. Have the Meet and Eat and then go in line. I.E.: I may or may not see FLOW, but I'll have fun hanging out with people in line. :D
2. Change the Meet and Eat time to earlier, and then afterwords people can go see FLOW.
3. (*warning, crazy idea*) make another (we'll have two then) Meet and Eat in the morning or at lunch on Saturday or Sunday? I know its crazy, but if some people can't make it to the Friday one, there could be other times.

Thoughts please :)

Cailany

ahg damnit.... of all the time for FLOW to show up...
I guess I'd rather skip the meet and eat to get a decent spot.

But I like Roth's idea, not having two meets, but reschedule for lunch, or something on Saturday.
All bringing food while in line would work to, just would need a lot of more planning.

Wish we had a more detailed schedule of events -_-

robina

yeah wish we had detailed schedule.. its getting really confusing >< meh!

TokenBlackGuy

depending on what time, everyone who wants to get in line. TO what time everyone wants to do the meet and greet. SO if its earlier then earlier, if its later then later. Hopfully we should at least get the food then go wait in line, so we can all meet and chat.

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Great ideas roth!  How about this for a way to work it. 

Meet and Eat #1 everyone meet up to get in line (we'll set a time once more information is known) bring food if you want to eat in line.  We could / should probably change the title of this mini-event to "FLOW Line up Gathering" or some other such insanity.  I can bring some games and such to keep us occupied.  (Though brining your own hand helds and entertainment would be good too.)

Meet and Eat #2 Saturday morning at say 9:00 (or whatever time is agreed upon) meet at the coffee place outside of the Hilton (it used to be a Starbucks...I guess it changed ownership since last year).  We can all get our daily dose of caffeine and sugary breakfast food and have a chance to meet our fellow fans.  This would probably maintain the title "Meet and Eat".  Alternatively I THINK there's a little bakery / breakfast place near the convention center ... just not sure where it is.  Of course both places usually offer healthier alternatives (fruit and yogurt and tea an such) so everyone should be able to participate. 

Just an idea...change at will.   :D 

roth14

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

BrightHeart76

I think we'd be fine with both events.  Give me just a little bit (no more than 24 hours) to start pulling the details together.  Keep the ideas coming!

Oh!  By the way...I got some more prizes that would be fun to have at the concert.  So if we meet up for the line gathering I've got lots of fun stuff.   ;D

Eeri-chan

Aww, I'm sad I'll miss the concert. I guess it doesn't matter that the meet and eat was scheduled for 5:30, which is ridiculously late for someone who has to get to the swap meet, since we do have to get there by six if we're selling stuff. :/ But I guess I can make it for a short while to hang out.

Still, that sucks that I'll miss the band. :(

ruby19_4

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 16, 2010, 12:33:17 AM
Aww, I'm sad I'll miss the concert. I guess it doesn't matter that the meet and eat was scheduled for 5:30, which is ridiculously late for someone who has to get to the swap meet, since we do have to get there by six if we're selling stuff. :/ But I guess I can make it for a short while to hang out.

Still, that sucks that I'll miss the band. :(

Same here. I am also going to do the swap meet. MM.....I sure hope there will be a lot of people buying the stuffs. Aw....I am also sad to miss the concert.