LARP Room?

Started by shy-cosplayer, September 10, 2008, 04:46:30 PM

shy-cosplayer

I don't know if Fanime had a room for it before, but I think it sounds fun! How about it?

Steve.Young

Oh god Larpers. Shoot me now...
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

TC X0 Lt 0X

I've always wanted to go LARPing, than be called a n00b by the veteran LARPs...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

darkkako

I'd definitely be up for this. But we'd need a veteran LARP group to run it. These things can get messy without proper planning. >.<;

otakuapprentice

not being mean, but probably not gonna happen......
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

AnimeEmperor

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! I'd totally show up.

M

The overall gist of this is that it will not work out because of the amount of space required for this is too big for something with such little interest. Prove my statement wrong and we'll look at what our options are.

[Edit: Just a disclaimer, but even if the interest for this is huge, it might not happen until the 2010 year of FanimeCon, but I'm not in charge of general programming events.]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

deonchan

Quote from: Steve.Young on September 11, 2008, 01:24:59 AM
Oh god Larpers. Shoot me now...

...got a problem w/ ppl that LARP old friend?

<- Former card carrying storyteller and member of the Camarilla

Hell, If there was enough interest (and since it'd) be at night

I'm sure I could dust off the old V:tM books for LARP and run a 3 day...er.. night game (with some help)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Hmmm the more I think about it the more I want to try and pull it off....
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on September 15, 2008, 08:06:00 PM
Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! I'd totally show up.
Magic Missile!  ;D

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Steve.Young

We wouldn't have the space for it, honestly. We'll talk about it next time I see you calvin.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

deonchan

Quote from: Steve.Young on December 08, 2008, 12:26:28 AM
We wouldn't have the space for it, honestly. We'll talk about it next time I see you calvin.

Inside no we wouldn't outside, diffrerent story but let's chat @ the next Rovers/Staff meeting or our next get together.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Nanashi

Make it an Amtgard room. That way, we can skip the roleplaying and just hit each other.  ;D
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Steve.Young

Quote from: Nanashi on December 08, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Make it an Amtgard room. That way, we can skip the roleplaying and just hit each other.  ;D

Uhm, how about no.
Director of Marketing

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Yes, liability is a non-issue....lets do this! then all we need is one person to sue cuz Fanime is brimming with CA$$$$H and we like to bathe in it during the evenings. It's not like a small $20,000 suit + lawyer fees will end Fanime and destroy something that 16,000 other members enjoy, all for a group of 12 to hit each other and one to get hurt and sue.

/sarcasm.....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

deonchan

/agree on all the non - Amtgard posts. there are other places to go if you want to beat on each other
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Nanashi

I was being sarcastic.

And for the record, safety is our top priority. If it wasn't, than we (amtgard) wouldn't have been around for 20+ years.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

samcarter

I've been LARPing for years now (Plot member of a local LARP) and the space is no real issue as far as I can see.  Sure there would have to be a center of operations but as far as just LARPing, it would be a non-com system in which there would be a lot of role playing and people would go around con as their character.  There could be certain times to meet at certain places to have 'mods' or events happen but besides that I don't see really any issues to running something at con.    I think it would be awesome if there were a lot of people running around the Con in character.
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

deonchan

Quote from: Nanashi on December 08, 2008, 04:29:41 PM
I was being sarcastic.

And for the record, safety is our top priority. If it wasn't, than we (amtgard) wouldn't have been around for 20+ years.

Sry. No disrespect intended. (My cousin does a pretty large amtgard out here in Martinez) and I'm all for whacking people with blunt objects (woot SCA!)

IMO the combat system for amtgard just requires way too much space while the OWBN system (good old ro sham bo or cards) makes it quick clean and easy.

But in all seriousness, unless there was like a panel or official sign up for this I think it may just not get off the ground (which is sad really) There's area around the con to where folks would have met and played (there's a park over across next to the civic center I believe...)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Moondancer

*Peers in* LARP...hehehe.
Wouldn't mind one based on a existing game like Vampire...Or werewolf *Cackles at all those silly Brujah and Ventrue and other clans*

I know at Yaoi-con they tried a LARP but they wanted it anime themed only, so it didn't work out so well.

And if LARP had to be held outside, well most LARP's I've been apart of did happen outside. Parks, the front of the center would work, and so on.
I know one of my room mates for the con is either a current Cam member, or was.
I was part of it for a year, but lost interest since the folks running the local game sorta vanished.