2010: What should I organize?

Started by Eliteslayer, June 06, 2009, 05:16:26 PM

Which of these gatherings or events should I host for Fanime 2010?

Negima gathering
1 (10%)
Works of Ken Akamatsu gathering
1 (10%)
"Cosplay Fight" event
5 (50%)
Both the event and whichever gathering wins
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Eliteslayer

During Fanime 09, I tried hosting a cosplay gathering, to varying degrees of success. While I don't plan on hosting that same gathering for various reasons, I do want to do something for next Fanime. However, I'm not entirely sure what. Thus, I figured I'd post a poll and ask everyone what they think I should organize.

Given that the only costume I have planned that doesn't have a gathering for it yet is from "Mahou Sensei Negima," my first thought was a Negima gathering. However, I don't see too many Negima cosplayers around, but I have seen quite a few Love Hina cosplayers.

So my second thought was to host a gathering for all the works of Ken Akamatsu. This includes Negima, Love Hina, AI Love You, and all the other series he's created. Individually, there may not be enough of us for each series, but there's bound to be plenty for a combination.

Finally, there's something that I've seen organized at other conventions, but not at Fanime. Essentially, it's a "fight in three poses." Two characters go up and pose as though in the middle of a fight. People take pictures, then they move on to the next pose, until about three poses have been done, and a "winner" is decided by the fighters. Then we move on to the next matchup. Of course, it's not only for fighting characters -- all would be welcome. We could even have Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh take on Goku from DBZ, and win. (More details will be in the thread organizing this if people vote for it. I can also answer any questions you may have if you're curious.)

Of course, there's always the option of doing both, but I want to see what people would like, so I don't put all my energy into something no one will attend. If most people think both would be good, though, then I just might try to organize both.

Anyways, cast your vote, and please let me know what you think would be fun. Thanks for your time!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

lunarknight

hmm fascinating, I'll look into it

Haku_Zoi

I guess the "cosplay fight" cause I don't know those other series. XD
Damn. Cause I'll have Yu-gi-oh totally done by next Fanime.
I'm a member of Okage-Sama De~ cosplay group.