Dining Out

Started by Glitch, February 19, 2007, 04:54:28 PM

G.I.R

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"If you want an awesome breakfast... Then try Peggy Sues in the morning.

Ommlettes... Yesh... ^^
Yay!  Peggy Sue's!  :D

And if I recall, isn't there also a Johnny Rockets near by?

Emerge

Quote from: "G.I.R"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"If you want an awesome breakfast... Then try Peggy Sues in the morning.

Ommlettes... Yesh... ^^

omg, is there? cuz...yeah. chili cheese fries FTW

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Emerge"
Quote from: "G.I.R"

Ommlettes... Yesh... ^^

omg, is there? cuz...yeah. chili cheese fries FTW

There is, but it's a little bit more of a walk to get to JR's than it is to get to PS's.

And Peggy Sues is just a little more affordable than Johnny Rockets. So I would tend to go there more...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

AbsolutelyCursed

You get a plate full of chili cheese fries @ PS (I should know, did that last year)

Glitch

Quote from: "jeans"I have not eaten at the Rokko downtown but I did eat at the one in Sunnyvale, and I love their lunch special bento boxes! Enough food to fill me up, and I like to eat.

I would make reservations and if the Rokko downtown is anything like the one in Sunnyvale, you might be able to score a private room with a low table (it's very fun to eat in there!)
Much thanks. ^^  You wouldn't happen to know the price range? I'm guessing the one from sunnyville will be like the one downtown. Assuming since they got bento boxes it'll be the usual eight buck meal.

Chuco

There is this place about a black away that looks like 50's diner type place. Really good food and not too bad on price. What I really remember the most is that they had the best Mint Chocolate Chip Milk Shake I've ever had.

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: "Chuco"There is this place about a black away that looks like 50's diner type place. Really good food and not too bad on price. What I really remember the most is that they had the best Mint Chocolate Chip Milk Shake I've ever had.

I believe you're talking about Peggy Sues, which by the way is very good

Moonblossom

Mm, I love mint chocolate chip milkshakes. T_T I'll have to look for that place.

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Chuco

Yeah it was Peggy Sue's, I remember getting wierd looks from the staff because one of my homeboy's was wearing cat ears and a tail. Not too far of walk and just a general good vibe from the place.

Long

There's a delicious, but very high class restaraunt that serves, pretty much gourmet meals, which are mainly Asian in nature, but range in other ethnicities as well. I got this piece of glazed salmon over rice that was DELICIOUS. It was called the EO Trading Co. or something. But it's very expensive. However the ambience, and the food are totally worth it, especially if you're going out with a large group of people who are each splitting the tab. I wouldn't reccommend going to eat in your cosplay however. You might want to wear something nicer, and make an evening of it.

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Long"There's a delicious, but very high class restaraunt that serves, pretty much gourmet meals, which are mainly Asian in nature, but range in other ethnicities as well. I got this piece of glazed salmon over rice that was DELICIOUS. It was called the EO Trading Co. or something. But it's very expensive. However the ambience, and the food are totally worth it, especially if you're going out with a large group of people who are each splitting the tab. I wouldn't reccommend going to eat in your cosplay however. You might want to wear something nicer, and make an evening of it.

http://www.eotrading.com/

Mm, looks really good! Thanks for the suggestion.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'll think about the fancy place...but I'm totally interested in going to Peggy Sue's. Although if I DO decide to go to the fancy place I can always go in my Black Lolita...which would work for either place...and freak people out :twisted:

Glitch

Quote from: "Moonblossom"
Quote from: "Long"There's a delicious, but very high class restaraunt that serves, pretty much gourmet meals, which are mainly Asian in nature, but range in other ethnicities as well. I got this piece of glazed salmon over rice that was DELICIOUS. It was called the EO Trading Co. or something. But it's very expensive. However the ambience, and the food are totally worth it, especially if you're going out with a large group of people who are each splitting the tab. I wouldn't reccommend going to eat in your cosplay however. You might want to wear something nicer, and make an evening of it.

http://www.eotrading.com/

Mm, looks really good! Thanks for the suggestion.
Even though I've seen resteruants with higher meal charge I'm still gonna say Holy crap that's pricey!
I wouldn't mind checking that place out.

Ayanami Rei First Child

That IS pretty pricey, but it would be fun to go there with some friends...

Moonblossom

:oops: I guess I've got expensive tastes, cause it really doesn't seem that pricey to me at all for a decent restaurant.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well normally I go to places like Hard Rock...where most of the food is $12 and under. Heck even in most Mexican places you'll find a lot more food for $10 and under....

Moonblossom

Aah. Yeah, I guess compared to that sort of place it's a bit steep.

I guess also where I live (Montreal) a lot of restaurants exploit the whole "we're cool cause people compare us to europe" atmosphere and overcharge for food around here.

It's not unheard of for me to have paid $200 for a two-person dinner with a couple of drinks.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Wtf...that's insane! What kind of food and beverage would make you pay $100 per person for that kind of meal?! I would NOT want to step foot in a restaurant like that. There's plenty of restaurants with good food with MUCH more reasonable prices over in the bay area, that are also more authentic. Come to the bay area...we have a lot of restaurs with more international flavors for more reasonable prices. Hell even a lot of Japanese restaurants at Japan Town are more reasonable then that $200 crap. For like $10 I had a giant bowl of some kind of soup stuff with chicken in it. Even with my big appetite I wasn't able to eat it all, even after stuffing myself like crazy o.o

Moonblossom

I can't exactly hop on a plane and fly across the continent every time I'm in the mood for good food. That wouldn't really save me any money, not at $700 per plane ticket. ;P

And that bill was a four hour long meal at my favourite restaurant ever, and damned well worth it in my opinion. It's a matter of taste and preference. *shrugs* I understand other people thinking it's excessive, but I love good food.