Photoshoots for cosplayers for a school project (UPDATED!)

Started by IamTetsuo, May 15, 2007, 11:46:14 PM

AngelKawaii

Quote from: "Lorus"Hey! You're taking photograhpy in college! Neat! I always liked photography as a hobby. You think it's alright if I tag along with my camera also? It's just for a hobby and what-not. Not gonna sell any pictures or anything. Probably will give away extra copies and such to the participants!  :D

Iiiiif I can't tag along for pictures, I might be doing some cosplaying so you can take pictures of that! First time for me going to a convention so I'm a newbie!
OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!NEWBIE!!!!! Come to the ball and the maidcafe!!!!

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Lorus"Hey! You're taking photograhpy in college! Neat! I always liked photography as a hobby. You think it's alright if I tag along with my camera also? It's just for a hobby and what-not. Not gonna sell any pictures or anything. Probably will give away extra copies and such to the participants!  :D

Iiiiif I can't tag along for pictures, I might be doing some cosplaying so you can take pictures of that! First time for me going to a convention so I'm a newbie!

Sure you're more than welcome to show up at the shoots, either as a model or as a photographer.  I don't know if I'll be able to teach you anything about photography, but you're welcome to observe how I structure my shoots.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Inuashley"IamTetsuo: Can you possibly give me your cell# so I can reach you at con in case I can't find you?

OK I'll PM it to you.  Will your mom be there Thursday for permission giving?

Inuashley

Quote from: "IamTetsuo"
Quote from: "Inuashley"IamTetsuo: Can you possibly give me your cell# so I can reach you at con in case I can't find you?

OK I'll PM it to you.  Will your mom be there Thursday for permission giving?

Ok ^^ Yeah, my mom'll be there ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

IamTetsuo

Also in case anyone is interested here are some examples of how my photography is coming out:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33682961@N00/sets/72157600158485324/

No portraits of people in that set, I haven't uploaded my portraiture from this semester yet.  Of that set the two photos of the Pelican are my favorite.

Here are my shots from last years Fanime:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33682961@N00/sets/72157594152795383/

Looking back on them now, most of them aren't that great.  This class has helped my photography quite a bit.

hellangel

i'll give ya specific times after my staff meeting tomorrow....
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

IamTetsuo

PM's have been replied too.  I could still use more models!  Please let me know if you're even slightly interested, even if the times I have listed don't work with your schedual!  :D

Lorus

QuoteLorus wrote:
Hey! You're taking photograhpy in college! Neat! I always liked photography as a hobby. You think it's alright if I tag along with my camera also? It's just for a hobby and what-not. Not gonna sell any pictures or anything. Probably will give away extra copies and such to the participants!  

QuoteOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!NEWBIE!!!!! Come to the ball and the maidcafe!!!!

Where's the ball and maidcafe?  :oops:

QuoteSure you're more than welcome to show up at the shoots, either as a model or as a photographer. I don't know if I'll be able to teach you anything about photography, but you're welcome to observe how I structure my shoots.

I took photography in high school, always loved it. I knoow a few things about it too, but the stuff we did in high school was like... dark room stuff, printing, etc. All with film! Digital is a step up from what I learned. :D I think.

I miight cosplay on Saturday, I'm almost 100% done with my stuff! I just gotta make some gloves hopefully finished before then! Where are you going to be taking the pictures? Juuuuuust like outside the building, or like an open place? Just curious and all. :D  The character I will be cosplaying is Cloud! From the AC movie! I'm sure a lot of people do him too, but hey! That sword he got is just the awesome-ness.  8)

IamTetsuo

I am mostly meeting people outside near the fountains or inside near the second floor entrance to the Marriot.  If you'd like to arrange a shoot just PM me and we can arrange a time!

But now it is time for me to sleep.

FinalShadows

I dont mind meeting... I just not sure whether I have time to do so.. So i'll get back to you on this ;D
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Yunri-Chan

Ooh, I’d love to do this! :] I hope I’m not replying too late.

I'm currently fourteen, but my parents are fine with this; I've had plenty of photoshoots in the past posted online, etc. I'll be arriving at the convention on Friday morning and leaving around noon on Monday.

I noticed that crimson89 will be cosplaying Light Ragami from Death Note, so if you’d like I could join in as Misa & my friend as L. :] I’m also bringing a few other costumes that you could do solo or with other members of the same series, here are a few other costumes I’m wearing:

Amane Misa
inner!Hinata
time-jump Hinata â€" possibly with the other tj Naruto cosplayers I’ve seen posting
Haku
Fujioka Haruhi
raver!Yuna (it’s turning out to be more of a preppy Yuna though, lol)

Feel free to PM me for more solid information; I'd totally love to be part this project. :]
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Nanashi

Hey, do you think you could do a group shot with me and the other ninjas from the OFNC?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Kanzake

Id volunteer however im not sure if its too late.
I will be at the FFVII Gathering at 3 PM, SAT by the fountain? Otherwise if you see a Sephiroth running around with a wooden Bokken, and his badge reads Kanzake or something along that line, feel free to ask :)
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

AngelKawaii

Quote from: "Lorus"
Where's the ball and maidcafe?  :oops:
Glad you asked!! The ball will be in one of the ballrooms on the second floor. (If you come up the stairs from the main entrance you turn left. And then there will be a sign that says ballrooms and you turn right there. Then you go into the room w/ all the noise.)

And the maid cafe, I am a maid by the way. ^_^ If you come into the convention center from the Marriot then you will see it right away on your left. In is near where you see the big glass windows that lead to the patio. If you are comming from maid entrance or Hilto you turn left and keep going straight untill you see us. ^_^

PS: Don't mind the typos. xD

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Nanashi"Hey, do you think you could do a group shot with me and the other ninjas from the OFNC?

Of course!  What time what day?

Quote from: "Kanzake"Id volunteer however im not sure if its too late.
I will be at the FFVII Gathering at 3 PM, SAT by the fountain? Otherwise if you see a Sephiroth running around with a wooden Bokken, and his badge reads Kanzake or something along that line, feel free to ask

No it's not too late!  And that works out perfectly as I have another shoot by the fountains at 3:30.

IamTetsuo

As an update, I will have my laptop during Fanime, so even during the con it won't be too late to get a hold of me!  I'll try and check the forum at least once every day of the con.

Black Kawaii Kitty

:D I'd love to participate! I did cosplay for my photography final last semester =3 My friend and I will be there all day thursday, but we're selling in the swapmeet so anything before 6 is perfectly fine.
She's wearing my FF12 moogle cosplay that day and i'll probably wear my Motoko from Ghost in the Shell if I finish in time, if not i'll be bringing out my FF13 Lightning cosplay that day then ^_^

We could meet you by the Marriott just let me know what time.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Black Kawaii Kitty":D I'd love to participate! I did cosplay for my photography final last semester =3 My friend and I will be there all day thursday, but we're selling in the swapmeet so anything before 6 is perfectly fine.
She's wearing my FF12 moogle cosplay that day and i'll probably wear my Motoko from Ghost in the Shell if I finish in time, if not i'll be bringing out my FF13 Lightning cosplay that day then ^_^

We could meet you by the Marriott just let me know what time.

PM Sent!  :D

vasher

Oooh ooh, are there still slots available?  I am the worst procrastinator... :oops:

I'm going as Dante from Devil May Cry (there's a meet at 4 at the fountains on Fri) and Tifa from FFVII:AC and I'll be around from noon onwards Fri and all day Sat and a large chunk of Sunday afternoon.

Hey, a UCSC Slug!  XD

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: "vasher"Oooh ooh, are there still slots available?  I am the worst procrastinator... :oops:

I'm going as Dante from Devil May Cry (there's a meet at 4 at the fountains on Fri) and Tifa from FFVII:AC and I'll be around from noon onwards Fri and all day Sat and a large chunk of Sunday afternoon.

Hey, a UCSC Slug!  XD

Vasher, you're a genius  :twisted:  

IamTetsuo: could you come to the Devil May Cry gathering and do a photoshoot of our group? so far on our list we'll be having about 7 people maybe more if more DMC cosplayers show up.