Hug/Glomp Me Signs

Started by PinkHairSasuke, January 28, 2008, 06:50:58 AM

halifaxmealine21

Some people had "Kiss me" signs and a friend of mine went over and kissed him... So if you wear a sign watch what you put cause it WILL happen! lol  :D

ohayo_sunshine

Quote from: halifaxmealine21 on January 31, 2008, 09:53:51 PM
Some people had "Kiss me" signs and a friend of mine went over and kissed him... So if you wear a sign watch what you put cause it WILL happen! lol  :D
Wait. Cheek or full-on lips?

dibbly

it depends, some fans are really daring. i absolutely love glomp/hug me signs, it distinguishes the people who want hugs/glomps. If you want to glomp them you don't have to ask (just give warning, oh god)

for first timers, if someone doesn't have a glomp/hug me sign, ASK. i met a girl last year- a real sweet lolita with nothing but good intentions, who ran to glomp a really awesome looking sephiroth (without asking) and broke a bit of his costume (which looked like he had worked pretty hard on).

don't get me wrong and not glomp, most con-goers (other than jun-chin) are really friendly, and love human contact and making new friends, just remember to ask if they don't ask you first ;)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

dibbly

Quote from: dibbly on February 02, 2008, 01:45:37 AM
it depends, some fans are really daring. i absolutely love glomp/hug me signs, it distinguishes the people who want hugs/glomps. If you want to glomp them you don't have to ask (just give warning, oh god)

for first timers, if someone doesn't have a glomp/hug me sign, ASK. i met a girl last year- a real sweet lolita with nothing but good intentions, who ran to glomp a really awesome looking sephiroth (without asking) and broke a bit of his costume (which looked like he had worked pretty hard on).

don't get me wrong and not glomp, most con-goers (other than jun-chin) are really friendly, and love human contact and making new friends, just remember to ask if they don't ask you first ;)

sorry, fyi this is my gf's post, she was on my profile. her name is yukaku. (dont worry she didnt hack it, i have 2 comps we share=).. )
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

Jun-Watarase

Uh, sorry to break it to your girlfriend but... I'm not the only one not supporting idiotic behavior. If you need to randomly hug strangers to make friends, that's fine by me as long as THEY'RE okay with it; do it amongst yourselves. Just leave the other con-goers out of it. I don't need hyperactive teens (or creepy adults) running up to me to touch me and break my crap. As for signs, what are they really for... other than drawing attention to yourself to give an excuse to convince yourself that you're loved... by, uh, strangers.

But in general... I don't mind being glomped, to be honest... BY PEOPLE I KNOW. o_0

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kouri Neko

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on February 02, 2008, 10:37:38 AM

Uh, sorry to break it to your girlfriend but... I'm not the only one not supporting idiotic behavior. If you need to randomly hug strangers to make friends, that's fine by me as long as THEY'RE okay with it; do it amongst yourselves. Just leave the other con-goers out of it. I don't need hyperactive teens (or creepy adults) running up to me to touch me and break my crap. As for signs, what are they really for... other than drawing attention to yourself to give an excuse to convince yourself that you're loved... by, uh, strangers.

But in general... I don't mind being glomped, to be honest... BY PEOPLE I KNOW. o_0

Creepy adults..  Yeah.. Next thing you know you have a bunch of creepy stalkers and harassment issues.    Then you have to get security and more problems occur. 

Much agreed with Jun, glomping is nice between friends..
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

luckyends

this might have been said but you can get kicked out of the con for saying hugs for money or yaoi for money
becasue it counts as prostitution. i dont know if fanime is doing it this year but a con i went to a while ago required you to have your sign checked off by con ops so i duno
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

OniCourseMusha

Its kind of annoying to see way too many people to wear Hug signs even though i wore one.  I just hope people make there own better signs wit better catchphrases or sense of humor.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

halifaxmealine21

Quote from: ohayo_sunshine on January 31, 2008, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: halifaxmealine21 on January 31, 2008, 09:53:51 PM
Wait. Cheek or full-on lips?

I mean FULL on LIPS!!! If you put "kiss me" on a sign and wear it this year make sure to specify what you want lol... you might get more than you bargained for!

shinjiboy

Interesting thread.  I've only been glomped once and it wasnt so bad.  Especially with the more popular animes, you have a much greater chance of having a total stranger rub up on you. 

Yaoi as prostitution...that was funny.

luckyends

Quote from: shinjiboy on February 04, 2008, 08:01:01 AM

Yaoi as prostitution...that was funny.
its only prostitution if you ask for money a couple a guys were saying will yaoi for money and they nearly got kicked out befor the con even started so yeah
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Devi 1313

Quote from: Eurobeat King on January 28, 2008, 10:17:39 AM
If this Ryvah dealer does the same thing at Fanime (so far they only tend to stay at the Sac-Cons) I hope Fanime staff does something to not let them distribute these signs else Fanime will be crawling with them..   >:(

As if the con wasn't already crawling with signs...

I don't like the signs at all and I think they're a horribly tacky cry for attention. Last year there was a guy that pestered me for a hug everytime I walked past him. At another point I saw a dude wearing nothing but a baby blue speedo and a sign requesting hugs. It's one thing to ask someone dressed as your favorite character for a hug, but to just stand there begging for them like a bum on a street corner? C'mon, have some decency.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

Runewitt

i might put a sign on the back of my shinigami cosplay saying that people can glomp me if they know my char.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Mister_E

Kissing? Now that crazy...if I even thought of doing something like that my girlfriend would kill me, bring me back to life and kill me again.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PinkHairSasuke

ur girlfriend can bring people back to life! LOL btw do sasuke cosplayers usually get glomped alot with or without sign?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mister_E on February 05, 2008, 03:03:01 AM
Kissing? Now that crazy...if I even thought of doing something like that my girlfriend would kill me, bring me back to life and kill me again.

I've actually seen signs along the lines of prostitution before "Kiss me"'s. They'd say things like "You can do anything to this kawaiinekocatboy for 5c per minute. lololol yaoi~!!~!" Etc.

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 05, 2008, 06:50:37 AM
ur girlfriend can bring people back to life! LOL btw do sasuke cosplayers usually get glomped alot with or without sign?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

lol this thread is funny

I think we should sum up the glomping signs arent so great to tote arround, in my opinon and like everyonelse its just a lame cry for attention.

Personally i think signs are only acceptable if you are doing a MMORPG cosplay like WoW or Ragnarok Online for example

and the whole free kisses thing thats pretty gross, Im sorry but sometimes someone might have like herpies or hep A and you dont know that sheet you might as well go kiss a dirty toilet, kisses by random strangers are gross

signs, random glomps and kisses are attention grabbers because maybe said person feels incompleate or is just plain stupid to not know common sense about asking first? who knows but yeah i agree with jun I only hug people I KNOW

=| i got a foot injury when I was at fanime 06 by some chick who full on glomped me and wore HEELS OF ALL THINGS Pointy ass things

so basically if you want to hug someone...ASK FIRST

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on February 05, 2008, 09:54:06 AM
lol this thread is funny

I think we should sum up the glomping signs arent so great to tote arround, in my opinon and like everyonelse its just a lame cry for attention.

You and many others' opinion... it IS a cry for attention, and in most cases, somewhat distasteful. But I don't understand your logic for the following...

QuotePersonally i think signs are only acceptable if you are doing a MMORPG cosplay like WoW or Ragnarok Online for example

What would make an MMO cosplay a universal exception? Really, it... makes no sense. Just because the cosplay is from an MMO, doesn't make a sign automatically part of the costume.

Quoteand the whole free kisses thing thats pretty gross, Im sorry but sometimes someone might have like herpies or hep A and you dont know that sheet you might as well go kiss a dirty toilet, kisses by random strangers are gross

signs, random glomps and kisses are attention grabbers because maybe said person feels incompleate or is just plain stupid to not know common sense about asking first? who knows but yeah i agree with jun I only hug people I KNOW

=| i got a foot injury when I was at fanime 06 by some chick who full on glomped me and wore HEELS OF ALL THINGS Pointy ass things

so basically if you want to hug someone...ASK FIRST

Everyone that posts on these hug/glomp threads already had to say the "If you want to glomp, ask first." deal at least 3 times each. But I still don't know how to respond to the following...
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 05, 2008, 06:50:37 AM

FanimaidCafe.com

short_storiesgl

[
Dance Staff Second

Xeluu

Quote from: short_storiesgl on February 05, 2008, 02:27:22 PM
isnt what you said a little harsh... i dont think you should of agot all mad about it.. if you dont like these kinds of things than why were you the first one to reply? if you dont like them than stop complainning all the kid asked was a simple question.. i dont think he wanted to hear your complaining. plus i've alwayas met nice people at fanime and your making fanime sounds pretty lame... so make a thread to complain about you hate for Glomp me Signs and kiss me signs. OR you could just get over it. Theres always going to be people who have the signs whether you like it or not... every year new people are going to come with signs. And i dont think every person with a sign wants anything to do with you... if they do well.. stop being hot i guess. Im not hating on anybody i dont want to fight but really come on make another thread.

i think the only signs not aloud are the ones asking for munnies. plus people with no money shouldnt be at Fanime.
XD

ps. if i sounded harsh please forgive me.

You're telling them to make another thread, when one of their comments was, and I quote: "God damn it, why are there another one of these threads." He asked if they were banned, or were okay. You'll note again, that they said: "Though, they aren't banned... but strongly discouraged, for good reason."

There won't necessarily always be people with signs, I've read that other Cons have banned them, no reason Fanime can't do the same. It's also generally NOT the new people who come with signs, it's people who have seen others with them and decide they want to make one as well.

As to which signs are BANNED, any sign that can be considered prostitution. "Will Yaoi for Pocky" is an example. More or less, if you're trading yourself for anything, it's prostitution.

As for the "OR you could just get over it." No, no one has to. They are, more or less, bringing up discussion on the topic, and have every right to do so. Just as you have your opinions and are free to state them, so too do they have opinions and the right to voice them. As long as it's on-topic, not outright flaming, and not swearing up a storm, they have every right to post them.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas